CDZ The Beginning of Racism?

It could be an interesting conversation...too bad the contemporary racists won't allow an honest discussion of racism and hate. They just want to point their fingers and play the race card....blaming everyone else for playing the race card and calling anyone a racist who disagrees with them.
You mean like how according to you everyone is a racist?

It could be an interesting conversation...too bad the contemporary racists won't allow an honest discussion of racism and hate. They just want to point their fingers and play the race card....blaming everyone else for playing the race card and calling anyone a racist who disagrees with them.
LOL...you mean like, anyone who disagrees with you and your hate ilk are racists.

You guys get more pathetic every day we have a negro President. It just kills a little bit of you every day he breathes your air, doesn't it.

Since the dawn of humanity there has always been racism. Humans naturally prefer their own people.
Not true. There has been tribalism or nationalism but this is the first instance I have ever seen of racism in the ancient world.

And yet when you look at ancient Egyptian murals they were clearly a multiracial society where there was no clear class distinction according to skin color. Pharaoh Ptolemy was Greek as were his descendants.

8193.jpg

il_340x270.355006299_fr31.jpg

egyptian_burial_with_perfume_550_1.JPG

b21-262527.jpg
Pharaoh Ptolemy was not considered ancient Egypt. He came into power after the Greeks had invaded Egypt 332 BC and after Aristotle had spent 20 years studying in Egypt. its weird how Aristotle gives credit to the Egyptians for founding math but calls them cowards for being Black. I guess the two are not mutual exclusive.

"Hence when all such inventions were already established, the sciences which do not aim at giving pleasure or at the necessities of life were discovered, and first in the places where men first began to have leisure. This is why the mathematical arts were founded in Egypt; for there the priestly caste was allowed to be at leisure."
--Aristotle

I think ancient Egyptian society was predominantly Black and later became more of what used to be called mulatto.

I haven't done any research into which of the kingdoms that random sample came from but I suspect that you are right that Egypt began as predominantly black and as more and more people were attracted to the civilization the demographics altered just as they are changing here today.
Never thought of it like that. There were other civilizations that around the same time like the Sumerians and the Indus valley civilizations but for some reason they rarely get mentioned when discussing race and the effect they had on the world. Could it be that Egypt attracted all types simply due to its location?

Since the dawn of humanity there has always been racism. Humans naturally prefer their own people.
Not true. There has been tribalism or nationalism but this is the first instance I have ever seen of racism in the ancient world.

And yet when you look at ancient Egyptian murals they were clearly a multiracial society where there was no clear class distinction according to skin color. Pharaoh Ptolemy was Greek as were his descendants.

8193.jpg

il_340x270.355006299_fr31.jpg

egyptian_burial_with_perfume_550_1.JPG

b21-262527.jpg
Pharaoh Ptolemy was not considered ancient Egypt. He came into power after the Greeks had invaded Egypt 332 BC and after Aristotle had spent 20 years studying in Egypt. its weird how Aristotle gives credit to the Egyptians for founding math but calls them cowards for being Black. I guess the two are not mutual exclusive.

"Hence when all such inventions were already established, the sciences which do not aim at giving pleasure or at the necessities of life were discovered, and first in the places where men first began to have leisure. This is why the mathematical arts were founded in Egypt; for there the priestly caste was allowed to be at leisure."
--Aristotle

I think ancient Egyptian society was predominantly Black and later became more of what used to be called mulatto.

I haven't done any research into which of the kingdoms that random sample came from but I suspect that you are right that Egypt began as predominantly black and as more and more people were attracted to the civilization the demographics altered just as they are changing here today.
Never thought of it like that. There were other civilizations that around the same time like the Sumerians and the Indus valley civilizations but for some reason they rarely get mentioned when discussing race and the effect they had on the world. Could it be that Egypt attracted all types simply due to its location?

Yup, I think location is the key here. The crossroads between Africa and Europe. When you think about it the Nile is the most obvious route into central Africa and then you have the small land bridge between the Mediterranean and the Red Seas. Most civilizations started because they were in a crucial location. The Egyptians were just at a crossroads where two races intermingled.

LOL...you mean like, anyone who disagrees with you and your hate ilk are racists.

You guys get more pathetic every day we have a negro President. It just kills a little bit of you every day he breathes your air, doesn't it.

You are living up to your moniker.

that's a hoot coming from you

racism is part of human nature, you will never stop it.
I doubt that. If that was true everyone would be racist.
No.

Racism is part of the human condition but that does not mean all people are inclined to be racist - just that it will exists in any large and multicultural society. Racism is not new and didn't start with a single society. That simply does not makes sense.

Well, Nutz, congratulations!
You gave the absolutely perfect description of a Democrat who lost all his brains, decency and self respect.

The people you call racist elected this black president.
The most basic knowledge of the simplest math would make it plain to see that Obama could not have been elected (twice) if not for whites, whom you claim are genetically racist.
This president is opposed by normal people not because of the color of his skin - half white, don't forget - but because he is a totally unqualified bully.

The people you call racist elected this black president.
The most basic knowledge of the simplest math would make it plain to see that Obama could not have been elected (twice) if not for whites, whom you claim are genetically racist.
This president is opposed by normal people not because of the color of his skin - half white, don't forget - but because he is a totally unqualified bully.
1. I never said white people are genetically racist...nice try.
2. The rest of your post really makes no sense...it seems like you are going nuts trying to defend your hate.

Found this quote by Aristotle and it conveys to me two things. Aristotle may have been the first racist and that he considered himself (a Greek) to be non-white. Could the Greeks have been the first racists despite their admission they learned much from the Egyptians?

"Too black a hue marks the coward, as witness Egyptians and Ethiopians, and so does also too white a complexion, as you may see from women. So the hue that makes for courage must be intermediate between these extremes. A tawny colour indicates a bold spirit, as in lions; but too ruddy a hue marks a rogue, as in the case of the fox. A pale mottled hue signifies cowardice, for that is the colour one turns in terror. "

dear, slavery and ignorance are as old as humanity. To pin it on Aristotle is way beyond absurd!!

Found this quote by Aristotle and it conveys to me two things. Aristotle may have been the first racist and that he considered himself (a Greek) to be non-white. Could the Greeks have been the first racists despite their admission they learned much from the Egyptians?

"Too black a hue marks the coward, as witness Egyptians and Ethiopians, and so does also too white a complexion, as you may see from women. So the hue that makes for courage must be intermediate between these extremes. A tawny colour indicates a bold spirit, as in lions; but too ruddy a hue marks a rogue, as in the case of the fox. A pale mottled hue signifies cowardice, for that is the colour one turns in terror. "

dear, slavery and ignorance are as old as humanity. To pin it on Aristotle is way beyond absurd!!
Why should I believe you that its absurd? Do you have any proof its old as humanity? If not then what makes you think its as old as humanity considering at one point there was only one type of people on the planet?

To pin it[slavery] on Aristotle [3rd centuryBC] is way beyond absurd!!

Why should I believe you that its absurd?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Slaves in Babylon: 18th century BC

Information about slaves in early societies relates mainly to their legal status, which is essentially that of an object - part of the owner's valuable property. The Code of Hammurabi, fromBabylon in the 18th century BC, gives chilling details

Read more:HISTORY OF SLAVERY

Last edited by a moderator:

Information about slaves in early societies relates mainly to their legal status, which is essentially that of an object - part of the owner's valuable property. The Code of Hammurabi, fromBabylon in the 18th century BC, gives chilling details

You must be the one that is illiterate. I never said Aristotle started slavery. Are you brain dead? You do realize that racism and slavery was only an issue later on in mans journey and have nothing to do with each other? You also seem to not realize that Babylon is hardly the beginning of mankind. You must have attended a public school and stopped your education at that point.

You must be the one that is illiterate. I never said Aristotle started slavery. Are you brain dead? You do realize that racism and slavery was only an issue later on in mans journey and have nothing to do with each other? You also seem to not realize that Babylon is hardly the beginning of mankind. You must have attended a public school and stopped your education at that point.
?
You stated that he essentially started racism. Slavery is the apex of racism and this clearly predates Aristotle. How can you not see the connection here?

Forum List

Back