The Beatles - Music Or Magic?

the Beatles did what the 50's guys could not do....the put rock up and over the hill so to speak....when you have Symphony Orchestras playing your music you know you have been accepted by more than just the Rock crowd....

Only because they came from a rowdy town like Liverpool where classical musicians didn't fit in and wanted to.

Musically, this is the only time I ever felt sorry for John Lennon.

There are two guitar leads in this song and unfortunately for John, he plays the first one and Clapton comes in right after him and it's just fucking embarrassing!

I'm sorry John, you're no Clapton!

And Yoko, will you please shut up!

amen to that.....when John did that gig in NYC with Zappa, i bet Zappa could not believe how John could let that womans voice destroy his recordings.....this is one good song ruined by her infernal wailing.........

What do you think about her song "Kiss, kiss kiss"? :laugh:

BTW It's just a sound effect. Zappa loved them.

I bet she needed a cough drop after that.

Last edited:

amen to that.....when John did that gig in NYC with Zappa, i bet Zappa could not believe how John could let that womans voice destroy his recordings.....this is one good song ruined by her infernal wailing.........

[/QUOTE]
She ruined more than John's songs, she ruined John (and the Beatles).

She ruined more than John's songs, she ruined John (and the Beatles).[/QUOTE]

I can't even listen to that screeching. WTH was wrong with that woman? Barf.

I can't make out most of the video's because they didn't carry over well with the new software transition.

One of my favs..

I say real.

I was at Paul McCartney's One On One concert recently and you cannot fake "live" they way he performed.

Let It Be Paul McCartney, One On One August 7, 2016

I was never much of a beatles fan. I listened to it, yes, and some I enjoyed....but not all. I thought it kinda goofy.

Most overrated band ever

I was twelve when they came to the US. I grew up with them and their influence on me and my generation had to be experienced to be understood. I feel sorry for the generations that came before or after them they had nothing like them.

Seems to me only people brainwashed by the media hype of the 60s think the beatles are the greatest band ever

Yes. Outside of Eleanor Rigby and a couple of others they're nothing to write about, just a timely marketing success aimed at sucking disposable income out of the pockets of 12 year olds. They stood out mainly because most 'rock n roll' and pop sucked even worse in those days, as any review of the Billboard top 100 in those years clearly show. Truly execrable garbage, and few gems. Hard to believe any adults still listen to it.

Last edited:
Most overrated band ever

I was twelve when they came to the US. I grew up with them and their influence on me and my generation had to be experienced to be understood. I feel sorry for the generations that came before or after them they had nothing like them.

Seems to me only people brainwashed by the media hype of the 60s think the beatles are the greatest band ever

Yes. Outside of Eleanor Rigby and a couple of others they're nothing to write about, just a timely marketing success aimed at sucking disposable income out of the pockets of 12 year olds. They stood out mainly because most 'rock n roll' and pop sucked even worse in those days, as any review of the Billboard top 100 in those years clearly show. Truly execrable garbage, and few gems. Hard to believe any adults still listen to it.
Can you name any other band that transformed rock the way they did? They reinvented the genre.

Forum List

Back