The Bears finally have a good quarterback.

LA RAM FAN

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2008
I cannot help but laugh when i say this because as you Bears fans know,Echo, Elvis,you listening? The quarterback who should be the starting quarterback for The Bears next year is Manie,not Cutler.:lol: as you Bear fans saw in that game,he was able to do what Cutler could not do the entire time he played.keep drives alive by moving the ball down the field and scoring points.:lol: Last year when The Bears aquired Cutler,they kept talking about how they finally have a good quarterback.well they were telling the truth alright,they were just talking about Maine,they werent talking about Cutler.:lol:

Manie did not freeze up against a good defense and constantly make bad decisions in the game like Cutler did.Just that interception and thats from a lack of inexperience.Thats the key word i mentioned,constantly.That was just one bad decision.If not for Manie,this game is a blowout like I predicted it to be.See Manie had a good excuse to throw that interception towards the goal line.again that was because of lack of experience.Cutler he STILL makes those boneheaded decisions in this is his fifth year in the NFL.

Remember the Seattlegame when he threw what SHOULD have been an interception at the goal line but the defender had butter fingers and dropped the ball?
That was the turning point in the game for the Seahawks right there.If he makes that interception,then that takes away the touchdown and The Seahawks have the ball again with the worst thing hapening is they have to punt it to The Bears if their offense does nothing with the ball.when things like that happen on the road to a team like the seahawks,its so disheartening and it hits you like a ton of bricks it hurts so much its hard to go out there and put it behind you knowing that easily was a momentum changer if he makes that play.I been there before,I know.

Cutler still makes the same bad decisions a rookie makes.time to put a real quarterback in there next year and fess up you made a mistake trading for him.Look to see The Bears revert back to their losing ways again next year when they face a much tougher schedule.Plus The Lions are going to better as well next year.With a good offensive coordinater like Mike Martz.sometime down the road Cutler may blossom into a very good quarterback and maybe be a late bloomer like Vinnine Testeverde,but for now,its time to make Maine thestarter for next year and beyond and aim for the superbowl with him and build the team around him.He needs to be their future.major mistake if they dont do that.Cutler is not the answer.

Cutler still makes the same bad decisions a rookie makes.time to put a real quarterback in there next year and fess up you made a mistake trading for him.Look to see The Bears revert back to their losing ways again next year when they face a much tougher schedule.Plus The Lions are going to better as well next year.With a good offensive coordinater like Mike Martz.sometime down the road Cutler may blossom into a very good quarterback and maybe be a late bloomer like Vinnine Testeverde......
BZZZZZT!!!

Late-bloomer.....really?????
323.png

I can't speak to Chicago's present-situation, as....well....they're an NFC-team; the NFL's version o' The Republican Party: boooorrrring.

Vinny Testaverde is/was your typical Heisman-Trophy-winning/golden-boy BUST!! Yeah, he was one-more o' the University of Miami's QB-"wonders"......until he met PENN STATE'S "D"!!!!!!! (...in '86) After that.....any good NFL-defense spooked-the-shit-outta-him!! The STEELERS proved that, over-and-over.....whether he played for The Browns or The Ravens.

He was a PERFECT-example of.......

"Good offenses sell tickets.

GOOD DEFENSES WIN GAMES."

- Joe Paterno

Testaverde's "late-bloomer" legacy, to-date?

".....most losses by a starting (NFL) quarterback with 123."

HERE

Carry on..........

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Culter took more sacks this years than most QB in history have ever taken. You can't play that record too much without an injury creeping up. However he played tough all season so I have no doubt that if he could have played he would have.

No one here is more angry than me about it, I was at the game and in the 4th quarter the game was very winnable. I froze to see the fudge packers move on!

Cutler still makes the same bad decisions a rookie makes.time to put a real quarterback in there next year and fess up you made a mistake trading for him.Look to see The Bears revert back to their losing ways again next year when they face a much tougher schedule.Plus The Lions are going to better as well next year.With a good offensive coordinater like Mike Martz.sometime down the road Cutler may blossom into a very good quarterback and maybe be a late bloomer like Vinnine Testeverde......
BZZZZZT!!!

Late-bloomer.....really?????
323.png

I can't speak to Chicago's present-situation, as....well....they're an NFC-team; the NFL's version o' The Republican Party: boooorrrring.

Vinny Testaverde is/was your typical Heisman-Trophy-winning/golden-boy BUST!! Yeah, he was one-more o' the University of Miami's QB-"wonders"......until he met PENN STATE'S "D"!!!!!!! (...in '86) After that.....any good NFL-defense spooked-the-shit-outta-him!! The STEELERS proved that, over-and-over.....whether he played for The Browns or The Ravens.

He was a PERFECT-example of.......

"Good offenses sell tickets.

GOOD DEFENSES WIN GAMES."

- Joe Paterno

Testaverde's "late-bloomer" legacy, to-date?

".....most losses by a starting (NFL) quarterback with 123."

HERE

Carry on..........

:eusa_whistle:

your forgetting though that once he hooked up with The jets and Bill Parcells,he became a good quarterback the team could count on to win games for them.Have you already forgotten he took them to the AFC title game? He was in his mid 30's then.I never thought in my wildest imaginations he would ever amount to anything and play great like he did when he joined the jets.:hellno: He was a bust with every other NFL team and that was the reason he wasnt surrounded by a good TEAM with a good coach.Hooking up with parcells saved his career.Thats all he needed was a good coach to push him.yes i will carry on showing how a quaterback can turn his career around late in his career after being a bust his whole career like Testeverde was.someone most other people left for dead and never figured he would amount to anything with the jets either.

Last edited:
Not fully certain cutting cutler now is a great idea. (I wouldn't lose any sleep if they did)

but something that brings our the character in men is 'competition'. Tell cutler that Maine will have his job if he starts to suck. The idea of sitting on the bench before you get traded can be inpirational. Also the idea of coming off the bench and being the "Maine Man" will push Maine to greater heights.

It's a common ploy that works.

Culter took more sacks this years than most QB in history have ever taken. You can't play that record too much without an injury creeping up. However he played tough all season so I have no doubt that if he could have played he would have.

No one here is more angry than me about it, I was at the game and in the 4th quarter the game was very winnable. I froze to see the fudge packers move on!

yeah he took more sacks because he is a bad quarterback.:lol: i dont question his toughness,but the fact is that he was horrible even before he had the injury.again like I said,with a much tougher schedule next year in the Lions getting better,expect them to have a losing season next year again.

Not fully certain cutting cutler now is a great idea. (I wouldn't lose any sleep if they did)

but something that brings our the character in men is 'competition'. Tell cutler that Maine will have his job if he starts to suck. The idea of sitting on the bench before you get traded can be inpirational. Also the idea of coming off the bench and being the "Maine Man" will push Maine to greater heights.

It's a common ploy that works.

true enough.Cutler just appears to be backup quarterback material.This is his fifth year and he still makes rookie mistakes like that throw that fortunately for him was not intercepted at the goal line by the seahawks.That is a mistake a rookie like Maine i expect to make but not five year veteran like Cutler.

yeah he took more sacks because he is a bad quarterback.:lol: i dont question his toughness,but the fact is that he was horrible even before he had the injury.again like I said,with a much tougher schedule next year in the Lions getting better,expect them to have a losing season next year again.

He needs more help from the O-line. That's where a great offense begins and ends.

He needs more help from the O-line. That's where a great offense begins and ends.

except that offensive line was no excuse for his throw that was almost and should have bene intercepted at the goal line against the Seahawks.for that rookier quarterback to throw that interception in Bears territory and was run back that was forgiveable since again he is a rookie,for Cutler,that was unacceptable and the offensive line is not to blame for what could have been a major bad decision for him.

[/quote]

No, he took a lot of sacks because their o-line has more holes than Katelyn Faber's testimony.

Check out all of Cutler's solid performances, they happened when the o-line played well (usually again poor pass-rushing teams). And it's not like he's the only QB who needs a good o-line performance for him to play well.

For sure he's inconsistent in his decision making, there's areas where he can and needs to improve. But he's not a horrible quarterback. Probably half the teams in the league would trade a second round, and then some, to get him as their starter.

This Hanie bandwagon is a joke. It would be way instain for the Bears to cut Cutler or bench him in favor of a rookie who had less than ONE HALF of decent football. That's not enough game-time to say whether a player is good or not.

For all anyone knows, he could have the same consistency issues. He's by far a bigger gamble than Cutler. The Bears had a good enough year where they don't need to make that kind of gamble this offseason.

And last offseason, people were saying the Bears wouldn't crack .500 this year. Like you just said about them next year. Look what happened. They made it to the NFC championship. If they shore up their o-line and upgrade at one of the WR positions, this team can have another playoff year.

It's just crazy talk to say that a team should bench the quarterback who played well enough to help the team to the conference championship. :cuckoo:

The dude had one decent half of football and he earned a full time starting QB job??? :eusa_eh:

Hanie would be better than Johnny Unitas. The problem is, the Bush family hates the Chicago Bears, so with the help of the illuminati and the Masons, Hanie will remain third string forever.

Caleb Hanie a good quarterback who could do what Cutler couldn't? Hell, Cutler proved he could throw as many interceptions as touchdowns too.

Hanie would be better than Johnny Unitas. The problem is, the Bush family hates the Chicago Bears, so with the help of the illuminati and the Masons, Hanie will remain third string forever.

the problem is the kid cant get over a childish grudge and is so immature he has to bring it to the sports section.oh and no, I wont blame it on Bush and thermite,I'll do the easy thing the frady cat kid does and blame it all on oswald.:lol:

Last edited:

Caleb Hanie a good quarterback who could do what Cutler couldn't? Hell, Cutler proved he could throw as many interceptions as touchdowns too.

exactly,they keep dodging the fact that Hanie was able to do what Cutlter could not do the entire game,score points and keep the chains moving.that is what I keep saying but keeps getting ignored is Hanie did what Cutler could not do the entire time he was in the game.The offensive line problems of the Bears did not stop Hanie from scoring touchdowns.:lol: Being a Chargers fan I got to watch Cutler many times when he was with the Broncos,when the chargers faced them twice a year and at other times as well and Cutler even when he has time and no pressure still is off target many times with his throws and still throws boneheaded interceptions.the same mistakes of a rookie.Your right about that alright,he sure did prove he can throw as many interceptions as touchdowns.:lol: like someone else said so well,Cut the cutler.He is another Rex Grossman bears fans,deal with it. I still cant cant over people like the kid mod thinking they would actually get to the superbowl,and then win it no less.:lol: I'll be laughing about that one for a long time.:lol:

oh and one more thing Bears fans,dont come back with the lame ass excuse that he was off target and with his throwns cause he was hurt because way before he got hurt and was healthy,he was off target as well.

Last edited:
The dude had one decent half of football and he earned a full time starting QB job??? :eusa_eh:

Rimjob is a fucking moron. The team just made the NFC championship...and now he wants to give the job to another guy who threw 2 interceptions.

The only subject he knows less about than football is 9/11. What a fraud.

Forum List

Back