THE BEARD: Built-in Sunscreen For a Man's Face

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
The science, as they say, is settled.

A study conducted at the University of Southern Queensland in Australia, published in the journal Radiation Protection Dosimetry, examined the effectiveness of facial hair in protecting against UV rays through dosimetry — the measurement and calculation of the absorbed amount of radiation using both direct and indirect exposure. Researchers used mannequins as the participants for the study — some had stick-on beards that ranged in one and a half to three and half inches in length and the rest were clean-shaven. The results of the study showed that beards can prevent skin cancer with an estimated 90 to 95 percent of protection against harmful UVs...

Read more of this great news @ How Beards Can Prevent Skin Cancer: Built-In Sunscreen For A Man's Face : Healthy Living : Medical Daily

And there's no way I'll ever shave mine off! :eusa_whistle:

Thanks for sharing this informative news..
Yes, I do agree that beard helps to protect from harmful UV rays. One must apply a sunscreen while going out whether they opt to have a beard or go clean-shaven. There are other benefits like the beard will keep you warm and can actually help you battle colds as well. It also helps to keep your skin moisturized. I also read in this article that it helps to protect from allergies & infections.

Forum List

Back