The BCS is illegal and should be abolished

Who cares who beat who in 1970?

Have you ever spent much time with a Bama fan? They count National Titles going all the way back to 1925, before national championships were even awarded by anyone.

In fact that is one benefit of them winning a title this year - you don't have to listen to them babble on and on about the 60 or so National Championships they claim Bama has won in the past.

Bama counts 1973 as an official NC even though they lost to ND in the Sugar Bowl in a battle of undefeateds.

Because UPI had their final polls before the bowl games. And Bama was #1 in the final UPI poll.

They probably have a banner in their athletic hall saying "1973 National Champions."

Have you ever spent much time with a Bama fan? They count National Titles going all the way back to 1925, before national championships were even awarded by anyone.

In fact that is one benefit of them winning a title this year - you don't have to listen to them babble on and on about the 60 or so National Championships they claim Bama has won in the past.

Bama counts 1973 as an official NC even though they lost to ND in the Sugar Bowl in a battle of undefeateds.

Because UPI had their final polls before the bowl games. And Bama was #1 in the final UPI poll.

They probably have a banner in their athletic hall saying "1973 National Champions."

Still nothing is worse than Ole Miss, who NEVER won a wire title (or BCS title) - who has a flag in their stadium proclaiming them to be the "2003 SEC West Co-Champions", which, while technically true, is just pathetic.

Some ofthe great ND, USC and other teams of the past would take bama apart - let alone lsu.
I couldnt believe how inept lsu was.

Aren't they talking about a 3 or 4 team playoff starting in 14? Anyway, look for USC to put an end to that SEC dominance next season.

Was surprised at how USC did last season. Started out giving up over 400 yards per game on defense - then improved.

Still not sold on them.

That the UPI still lists us as the national champions for 1973 is not a problem for Bama fans. Considering, like most top tier teams, there were years we should have won it.

Also, if you watched the BCS Championship game this year you would have heard the guys on ESPN GameDay discuss the same 14 championships.

But I don't believe I have mentioned 14. I did mention 9 national championships in the modern era. That works for me.

It certainly makes more sense than bringing up who won a game in 1970 while referencing the 2011 championship game.

Some ofthe great ND, USC and other teams of the past would take bama apart - let alone lsu.
I couldnt believe how inept lsu was.

Aren't they talking about a 3 or 4 team playoff starting in 14? Anyway, look for USC to put an end to that SEC dominance next season.

They are talking about a "Plus-1" championship playoff. Which was pushed by the SEC Commissioner several years ago, but the other conferences wouldn't even discuss it. Funny how they now seem eager to go there.

Feel free to thank Alabama for that coming to pass.

I believe USC claims 10 championships? That includes two from the times when, according to some, they didn't give championships.

Also, didn't USC's sanctions begin in 2010? So they would have been eligible to win during most of the SEC's streak of winning BCS Championships?

Forum List

Back