The BCS is illegal and should be abolished

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
The fact that SEC teams have won the past 6 titles is proof enough.

Did that game suck or what..........................

Kramer invented the BCs - former commisar of the SEc

Why doenst Congress get of their duffs and take action?????????????????????/

Congress invented the BCS. Why would they change it?

??? 5 of those 6 title games had a non-SEC school play in them and LOSE - do you think that's a coincidence? Perhaps the SEC is simply the dominant conference in college football?

I suppose you want a 32 team playoff.

??? 5 of those 6 title games had a non-SEC school play in them and LOSE - do you think that's a coincidence? Perhaps the SEC is simply the dominant conference in college football?

They always forget the non-SEC teams that lost to us. They claim some media conspiracy.

Those who claimed the game was boring might want to take note of what serious defense looks like. That is why most of the SEC teams that won the BCS Championship did what they did.

LSU played Oregon and WVa and hung better than 40 points on both. Oregon is one of the top non-SEC teams this year. And they were never in control of the game against the Tigers.

It is not the fault of the BCS that the SEC has spent the money and recruited the best coaches and players to win.

BCS just plain sucks

So does waiting a month and a half from the last game to the championship game

They always forget the non-SEC teams that lost to us. They claim some media conspiracy.

Those who claimed the game was boring might want to take note of what serious defense looks like. That is why most of the SEC teams that won the BCS Championship did what they did.

LSU played Oregon and WVa and hung better than 40 points on both. Oregon is one of the top non-SEC teams this year. And they were never in control of the game against the Tigers.

It is not the fault of the BCS that the SEC has spent the money and recruited the best coaches and players to win.

No lie. LSU might have got their ass whipped but their defense actually hung in there for much of the game, holding Bama to field goals, only failing catastrophically after being completely demoralized by poor offense play and fatigue.

And Bama's defense - well what can I say. Just look what happened. They held a 13-0 SEC Champion to less than 100 yards of offense.

No lie. LSU might have got their ass whipped but their defense actually hung in there for much of the game, holding Bama to field goals, only failing catastrophically after being completely demoralized by poor offense play and fatigue.

And Bama's defense - well what can I say. Just look what happened. They held a 13-0 SEC Champion to less than 100 yards of offense.

Both defenses looked excellent all year. And yes, LSU's defense was still tops. They held Richardson (for the most part) to little bits of yardage. And they were on the field all night. Any other team would have been toast by the 3rd quarter and Bama would have scored 3 or 4 TDs.

If last night was the entire season LSU could be ashamed. But the season was a total winner for the Tigers. 5 of the final BCS Top 25 teams lost to LSU (not counting Bama). And all 5 of those teams gave up over 40 points to them.

Helluva season for both teams. And I don't believe anyone else in the nation could have beaten either team.

The BCS title game was by far the best bowl game of the year.

Notre Dame sucks now dude. Joe Montana, Raghib Ismail and Tim Brown ain't walkin through that door. Get over it. :thup:

Both defenses looked excellent all year. And yes, LSU's defense was still tops. They held Richardson (for the most part) to little bits of yardage. And they were on the field all night. Any other team would have been toast by the 3rd quarter and Bama would have scored 3 or 4 TDs.

If last night was the entire season LSU could be ashamed. But the season was a total winner for the Tigers. 5 of the final BCS Top 25 teams lost to LSU (not counting Bama). And all 5 of those teams gave up over 40 points to them.

Helluva season for both teams. And I don't believe anyone else in the nation could have beaten either team.

Exactly :thup:

Notre Dame sucks now dude. Joe Montana, Raghib Ismail and Tim Brown ain't walkin through that door. Get over it. :thup:

Yeah whatever - Montana was more exciting to watch in the Cotton Bowls than what i saw from bama?LSu

Yeah whatever - Montana was more exciting to watch in the Cotton Bowls than what i saw from bama?LSu

Montana was great to watch. But he is ancient history.

The fact is that the two best teams from the 2011 season played in Nawlins on Monday.

Got back at the Tigers for that fake TD too.

Just a couple of more points to make in reponse to your whining.

First of all, only one conference commissioner has put forth a plan for a playoff system of any kind. And that was Mike Slive trying to get a plus-1 four team playoff in place. The ACC listened, but every other conference dismissed the idea without discussion. So before you complain about the SEC, go ask the top guys in the other conferences why they wanted to keep the BCS system in place.

Second of all, the fact that the SEC has won 6 championships in a row is not proof of any wrongdoing. It is proof that the best college football is played in one conference. Something we in the south have been claiming for decades.

I think its funny that your teams can't win so you want congress to change the rules to help them win? What will it be? A new rule that says only one national champion from the SEC every 5 years, so the other conferences won't feel left out? Maybe not allow teams from the SEC to have as many players on the field? Or maybe congress can decree that SEC teams must gain 20 yards to get a 1st down, and the rest of the teams still only need 10? Or maybe touchdowns by SEC teams will only be worth 4 points, and everyone else gets 6 for a TD?

Or maybe just make up 119 crystal trophies and give one to every team? You know, so that there are no losers.

One more tidbit to help you into reality. The Crimson Tide winning the BCS Championship game has done more to move us towards some sort of playoff system than all the whining, handwringing and protesting. So when we get a plus-one tourney, you can thank Bama for it.

Last edited:
Some ofthe great ND, USC and other teams of the past would take bama apart - let alone lsu.
I couldnt believe how inept lsu was.

Some ofthe great ND, USC and other teams of the past would take bama apart - let alone lsu.
I couldnt believe how inept lsu was.

LOL!! Oh please, that is such bunk! Plenty of unbiased sports analysts are saying this is one of the top defenses of all time. I'm sure in your fantasies it has happened. But claiming that great teams from the past would beat recent teams is pure subjective nonsense. First of all, athletes have gotten bigger, stronger, and faster. The athletes from the past would be unable to compete as a team. There may be individuals who might be the exception, but not enough to make it worthwhile. Look at those dream teams you are talking about. How many 300lb linemen did they have? How many 260lb linebackers did they have that can run a 4.67 in the 40? How many running backs did they have that can bench 450lbs and squat 600lbs? The game is faster now. The players are bigger.

But how does that even relate to your post about the BCS being illegal and needing to be abolished??

You made the statement to open this thread, now how about justifying that instead of starting this "back in my day the teams were better" sort of nonsense.

When USC went into Bama in 1970 and whupped Bama 42-21 - Bear Bryant said about Sam Bam Cunningham - "now there is a football player."

The skilled position players of yesteryear were just as big, fast as those oftoday.

OL s in the 1980s avereged around 280 lbs.

Today maybe a little over 290.

OJ Simpson was 6'2" 215 lbs. Curt Gowdy calling the Rose Bowl - "They won't catch him - he runs the 100 in 9.3!!!!!!!!!! But Ohio St won the game.

As far as the BCS vs a 16 team playoff - a n0-brainer............\

Let SEC teams prove it on the field insted of getting voted -in....................

Last edited:
When USC went into Bama in 1970 and whupped Bama 42-21 - Bear Bryant said about Sam Bam Cunningham - "now there is a football player."

The skilled position players of yesteryear were just as big, fast as those oftoday.

OJ Simpson was 6'2" 215 lbs. Curt Gowdy calling the Rose Bowl - "They won't catch him - he runs the 100 in 9.3!!!!!!!!!! But Ohio St won the game.

Let SEC teams prove it on the field insted of getting voted -in....................

The Crimson Tide's starting OL averages 315.4lbs.

Who cares who beat who in 1970? The youngest of those players is now 60 years old. That is still irrelevant to the topic you raised. The last two times Ohio State played for the national championship they were thoroughly humiliated by vastly superior SEC teams. Florida beat them 41-14 in '06 and LSU beat them 38-24 in '07. I guess you would have still wanted the 1970 USC team then too?

A 16 team playoff would be GREAT! I would love it! However, you can still not show one iota of evidence that the SEC would not dominate that playoff.

And your accusations that the SEC somehow influences it to their favor is laughable.

And you conveniently ignore that the SEC commissioner is the ONLY conference commissioner that has tried to change the system. The PAC-12 commish didn't even want to discuss it.

The two best teams of the 2011 season met for a championship game. You may not like it, but the SEC had both of the two best teams.

At least you got to see an SEC team LOSE in that game. Because until we put 2 SEC teams in it, an SEC team has never lost the BCS Championship game.

What you have is sour grapes. And the best case you can make is that a team from 41 years ago beat the winner???? That is hilarious.

The Crimson Tide's starting OL averages 315.4lbs.

Who cares who beat who in 1970? The youngest of those players is now 60 years old. That is still irrelevant to the topic you raised. The last two times Ohio State played for the national championship they were thoroughly humiliated by vastly superior SEC teams. Florida beat them 41-14 in '06 and LSU beat them 38-24 in '07. I guess you would have still wanted the 1970 USC team then too?years ago beat the winner????

No - the 1970 USC team was 6-4-1.

Who cares who beat who in 1970?

Have you ever spent much time with a Bama fan? They count National Titles going all the way back to 1925, before national championships were even awarded by anyone.

In fact that is one benefit of them winning a title this year - you don't have to listen to them babble on and on about the 60 or so National Championships they claim Bama has won in the past.

Forum List

Back