The Battle of Athens, where tyranny voting rights and the second amendment clash

Not really applicable to the example, but you really should answer the question, What should we do today, 2012, that has a bearing in this incident? In 2002 republican officials went into a locked room in Baldwin county Alabama and "found" 6000 votes to put their man into office as governor, no recount was ever allowed. Should the democrats of Alabama have started shooting?

If they felt they were wrong and did not get the justice they felt they deserved sure. That's what the second amendment is for to stop tyranny. But it was just speculation and liberal press New York Times pushing the basis agenda. Unlike the true tyranny of what took place in Tenn.
Face it the patriots won

They won I suppose, but what did they win? Smalltown America is still rife with local tyrannies such as that, do we start shooting or do we seek a more civilized way of dealing with things? I am asking you how that incident relates to how we should conduct ourselves today? I have already drawn my conclusion that it is a reckless and brutal way to do things but I really want to hear what you think America 2012 should do if the local or state election seems to be fixed and there is no recourse?

They won I suppose, but what did they win? Smalltown America is still rife with local tyrannies such as that, do we start shooting or do we seek a more civilized way of dealing with things?
If there is no other means of making change and the tyranny continues YES. Take up arms march on city hall and forcefully remove them.

I am asking you how that incident relates to how we should conduct ourselves today?
Tyranny doesn't change it's still the same back in 1946, 1776, and today. And yes if the change does not happen 1946 will happen again on a much bigger scale.

I have already drawn my conclusion that it is a reckless and brutal way to do things but I really want to hear what you think America 2012 should do if the local or state election seems to be fixed and there is no recourse?

Taking up arms is always the last recourse when every measured tried is failed.

"BigReb", you are one of those whackos that people rally against the right to bear arms for. You are too unstable to own a gun.

Just could not hide your true liberal colors could you? When you first came here why did you lie? No one could make this big of a swing change over just one issue unless they were full blown liberal to begin with.

Not really applicable to the example, but you really should answer the question, What should we do today, 2012, that has a bearing in this incident? In 2002 republican officials went into a locked room in Baldwin county Alabama and "found" 6000 votes to put their man into office as governor, no recount was ever allowed. Should the democrats of Alabama have started shooting?

If they felt they were wrong and did not get the justice they felt they deserved sure. That's what the second amendment is for to stop tyranny. But it was just speculation and liberal press New York Times pushing the basis agenda. Unlike the true tyranny of what took place in Tenn.
Face it the patriots won

Just like in 1865.

Just saying the second amendment was used for it's intended purpose, whether you like it or not. The battle of Athens is the perfect example of it's use.

Face it the patriots won

Just like in 1865.

how about the more modern day revolt against tyranny? The Battle of Athens 1946

Forum List

Back