The Battle of 73 Easting; the Day America Showed the Cards up Its Sleeve

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
Anglo nations do not show the best weapons in urban parades. We hide our best and let the enemy see a rough equivalent to their own forces, and never learn their mistakes until they start a war.

This approach has been the strength of our nations in wars forced on us by our enemies and they persist in seeing it as weakness.

The largest and fiercest tank battle ever fought was between the Soviet red army and the German army on the Eastern front during WWll

The epic Battle of Kurst involved some 800 to 850 Russian tanks and 500 to 700 German tanks.
Battle of Kursk - Wikipedia ... :tank:

But I think the Iraqi Republican guard would have made short work of the German SS Panzers.

But I think the Iraqi Republican guard would have made short work of the German SS Panzers.
No way Jose. ... :cool:

The German Panzer divisions leadership was first rate professional, and the crew members were well trained, disciplined, and dedicated.
Considering the Russians knew the Germans were coming and where the attack was to occur they developed defenses in depth with the main defensive line being 40km deep and the final defensive line 150km deep. The Germans were able to get 12km deep in the north and 35km deep in the south against well positioned, massive numbers of anti-tank and anti-personnel positions.

No way Jose. ... :cool:

The German Panzer divisions leadership was first rate professional, and the crew members were well trained, disciplined, and dedicated.

But their tank canon could not penetrate the armor of a T-82.

So win goes to Iraqi Republican guard who were also well trained and battle hardened from 8 years of war in Iran..

So win goes to Iraqi Republican guard who were also well trained and battle hardened from 8 years of war in Iran..
The war between Iraq and Iran could be compared to two junior college football teams slugging it out.

While the American military was like an NFL team that overwhelmed the Iraqi's in every category. ..... :cool:

....and this with Iraq having the advantage of ''recent'' experience in tank battles with Iran
....this shows how far behind these countries are compared to the West

Forum List

Back