The Battle Against the A.P.A. Resolution

Kagom said:
Why am I arguing? Because it adds spice to life and I want to be a politician some day after attempting a film career. I need to know how the opposition will think and how to talk with them.

I just CAN-NOT let this pass. What you've just said is SOOOOO TELLING! I can see why you want to go to hollywierd, there's more fags there than there is straights, and the straights that are there gleefully embrace your deviant lifestyle. And be a politician... yup, if you can't change my mind about fag's, you'll just go to Washington and make LAWS that will change my mind.

Scarey kag.... scarey.

musicman said:
Well, let's see. First, there's the fact that - while homosexuals comprise only 1-3% of the population, they account for a staggering 20-40% of all child molestations. This doesn't suggest something disturbing about the behavior to you?

Are you going to drag this out AGAIN? You can say it all day long, but no matter how many times you say it, it still doesn't mean that 20-40% of homosexuals are pedophiles. You continually choose to ignore the possible factors for the discrepancy and instead blindly, and fallaciously, suggest a link between homosexuality and pedophilia. You ignore the fact that within your own numbers lies the possibility that the ratio of homosexual pedophiles to homosexuals is nearly the same as the ratio of heterosexual pedophiles to heterosexuals. You ignore the fact that 60-80% of child molestations are committed by heterosexuals and instead keep using this same stale argument to berate homosexuals, among whom the vast majority have no interest in having sex with children.

MissileMan said:
Are you going to drag this out AGAIN? You can say it all day long, but no matter how many times you say it, it still doesn't mean that 20-40% of homosexuals are pedophiles. You continually choose to ignore the possible factors for the discrepancy and instead blindly, and fallaciously, suggest a link between homosexuality and pedophilia. You ignore the fact that within your own numbers lies the possibility that the ratio of homosexual pedophiles to homosexuals is nearly the same as the ratio of heterosexual pedophiles to heterosexuals. You ignore the fact that 60-80% of child molestations are committed by heterosexuals and instead keep using this same stale argument to berate homosexuals, among whom the vast majority have no interest in having sex with children.

Let me take a stab at this... since I understand what musicman is saying and you don't.

OK... queers make up somewhere in the neighborhood of 4% of the population, the rest being heterosexual. But, now here is where you have to follow closely, 20-40% of all "reported" pedophile molestations are commited by homo's. Did you get that? What that means is, the very small percentage of queers is doing one hellofva job feeling up little kids. It's puts the number of pedophiles among queers at VERY HIGH NUMBER. What is so hard to understand about that math? Which also makes proves that a homo is MUCH more likely to be a pedophile. I'm mean why not? They're sick already. The jump to pedophilia is nothing when already sick in the head.

If they don't think that what they're doing as a queer is wrong, then why should they think that molesting a child is wrong?

Pale Rider said:
Let me take a stab at this... since I understand what musicman is saying and you don't.

OK... queers make up somewhere in the neighborhood of 4% of the population, the rest being heterosexual. But, now here is where you have to follow closely, 20-40% of all "reported" pedophile molestations are commited by homo's. Did you get that? What that means is, the very small percentage of queers is doing one hellofva job feeling up little kids. It's puts the number of pedophiles among queers at VERY HIGH NUMBER. What is so hard to understand about that math? Which also makes proves that a homo is MUCH more likely to be a pedophile. I'm mean why not? They're sick already. The jump to pedophilia is nothing when already sick in the head.

If they don't think that what they're doing as a queer is wrong, then why should they think that molesting a child is wrong?

Take a stab at what? You just repeated (almost word for word) what MM wrote. You are as adept at ignoring as he is. Reread my post and try again.

Kagom said:
I was here a few years back and joined because I thought "Oh look, a board for Americans. I'm American!"

Why am I arguing? Because it adds spice to life and I want to be a politician some day after attempting a film career. I need to know how the opposition will think and how to talk with them.

I don't discuss my sexual life at all. I bring up my orientation to show diversity here. My only reason for being here is because I don't want to be a victim to group polarization as so many are wont to do in certain issues. What am I going to gain from talking about homosexuality with fellow homosexuals? Nothing. It's bland and just makes me go "Yay...even happier now." It doesn't challenge me to think and it doesn't challenge me to do any research or evaluate.

Your postmodernist interpretation of reality makes you an idiot. What if in my idiosyncratically constructed universe, kicking your ass is the highest good? Does that REALLY make it right? You will never be elected until you learn to think clearly.

MissileMan said:
Take a stab at what? You just repeated (almost word for word) what MM wrote. You are as adept at ignoring as he is. Reread my post and try again.

MM... it's simple math. There's nothing mystical, cryptic, ambiguous or incomprehensible about it. If you don't get it, your level of mathmatical skill is less than 2nd grade. So you're either playing dumb, or just plain illiterate.

that RightWing is working on a screenplay, presumably seeking some Hollywood action himself : )

As for pedophilia, I would guess that homosexual pedophilia would decline a somewhat if gay relationships were openly accepted--closeted, repressed gays could be free to be themselves and would not need to turn to children. I would NOT argue that any pedophile's behavior should be excused on this behalf.

Just because pedophiles are more often gay than straight does not in any way prove that being gay in general is "sick" If it did, then what would the straight pedophiles' behavior mean about being straight? In any case, who is to say that societally limiting gays' sexual behavior would reduce the amount of pedophilia? All the available evidence suggests that homosexuality has been present in human populations forever and everywhere, and is even found in the animal kingdom. Again, I'd say, if it doesn't hurt other people then why not live and let live.

Let's not compare to Europe. Marriage rates in Massachusetts have not declined since gay marriage here. And none of the "con" arguments here address the issue of the many healthy and high-functioning gay couples I know and have written about here before. You can call them sick if you want, but they sure don't look sick, with their 6 figure incomes, beautiful homes, enormous contributions to society, and healthy adopted kids.

Mariner.

MissileMan said:
Are you going to drag this out AGAIN?

Yes - I am, MissileMan. And do you know why? Because it's the truth.

MissileMan said:
You can say it all day long, but no matter how many times you say it, it still doesn't mean that 20-40% of homosexuals are pedophiles.

That's why I didn't say that 20-40% of homosexuals are pedophiles.

MissileMan said:
You continually choose to ignore the possible factors for the discrepancy and instead blindly, and fallaciously, suggest a link between homosexuality and pedophilia.

No, I don't. The numbers say what they say. It is up to sane human beings to draw the appropriate conclusions from them.

MissileMan said:
You ignore the fact that within your own numbers lies the possibility that the ratio of homosexual pedophiles to homosexuals is nearly the same as the ratio of heterosexual pedophiles to heterosexuals.

No, I don't. The numbers say what they say. It is up to sane human beings to draw the appropriate conclusions from them.

MissileMan said:
You ignore the fact that 60-80% of child molestations are committed by heterosexuals

No, I don't...

MissileMan said:
and instead keep using this same stale argument to berate homosexuals

I'm not berating anybody. I'm just presenting facts. I'm sorry you find the truth stale. A grain of salt, perhaps.

Pale Rider said:
I just CAN-NOT let this pass. What you've just said is SOOOOO TELLING! I can see why you want to go to hollywierd, there's more fags there than there is straights, and the straights that are there gleefully embrace your deviant lifestyle. And be a politician... yup, if you can't change my mind about fag's, you'll just go to Washington and make LAWS that will change my mind.

Scarey kag.... scarey.
This is where you misinterpret all my plans. I could care less about the gays in Cali. I want an acting career. I want to make people laugh, I want to make people cry, I want people to smile. That's the core at my ambition of acting. To entertain people. Don't ever misconstrue my dreams and ambitions with anything outside of what they are.

No, as a politician I'd do what I felt is right for America by taking in a diverse group of advisors of the political span and weighing in on what they all had to advise as well as weighing what I think. A good politician puts personal beliefs aside and tries to do what's right for the people, not himself or people of his group of like-minded friends/people.

rtwngAvngr said:
Your postmodernist interpretation of reality makes you an idiot. What if in my idiosyncratically constructed universe, kicking your ass is the highest good? Does that REALLY make it right? You will never be elected until you learn to think clearly.
Then that's your highest good. I disagree with it simply because it's agression and violence filled and in the end, it solves nothing.

I feel that I think clearly and can only get better at thinking more clearly as time progresses.

Kagom said:
Then that's your highest good. I disagree with it simply because it's agression and violence filled and in the end, it solves nothing.

I feel that I think clearly and can only get better at thinking more clearly as time progresses.

WOw. Looking forward i see republicans in office for years to come. Keep up the insanity, really it's serving you well.

rtwngAvngr said:
WOw. Looking forward i see republicans in office for years to come. Keep up the insanity, really it's serving you well.
If you read anything I posted in response to Pale Rider, you'd see that I"m somewhat pulling a FDR and having my own version of the Brain Trust. Have diverse advisors and then put your own opinion into the arena and try to decide what will serve for the betterment of the people. I don't see Republicans in office for that long. People seem to be tired of them (just going on what I see in people around me, etc.) and will probably switch over. Then the cycle will repeat with people being tired of Democrats and switching back to Republicans.

musicman said:
That's why I didn't say that 20-40% of homosexuals are pedophiles.

What percentage of homosexuals are pedophiles then? What percentage of heterosexuals are? Use an honest comparison. Those with an anti-gay agenda have to resort to twisting the numbers because the facts don't bear out what they want the truth to be. They can't say "homosexuals are x times more likely to be pedophiles" because it's not true. I assure you they would word it exactly that way if they could. Instead they throw out information like you posted and depend on a mis-interpretation of the data to further their cause.

musicman said:

If you're not ignoring the possibilities, what would you call it? Arbitrary dismissal perhaps?

Kagom said:
If you read anything I posted in response to Pale Rider, you'd see that I"m somewhat pulling a FDR and having my own version of the Brain Trust. Have diverse advisors and then put your own opinion into the arena and try to decide what will serve for the betterment of the people. I don't see Republicans in office for that long. People seem to be tired of them (just going on what I see in people around me, etc.) and will probably switch over. Then the cycle will repeat with people being tired of Democrats and switching back to Republicans.

Moral relativism is a lie designed to justify evil. Keep it up, you will destroy the world.

rtwngAvngr said:
Moral relativism is a lie designed to justify evil. Keep it up, you will destroy the world.
Hey man, thanks for having no faith at all in anything a person can do. You don't know what I'm talking about, do you? My thoughts lie on bettering the lives of people and not my own or lining my wallet with cash. I genuinely want to see an America where people can at least feel safe outside and where they know they can get a quality education, an America where people treat each other fairly and find a way to put down most misconceptions about each other and hate towards their fellow man. I want an America that gets to see peace and is looked up to again as the beacon of light. Tell me, if having a brain trust of sorts is able to accomplish that, though you misconstrue my agenda as moral relativism, is there anything wrong with trying to aim for that idealistic America? I look at the consequences of things and consider them. In my view, it's not moral relativism simply because I'm going with the more positive consequence that will affect people positively. If two negatives come up, I'll go with the lesser of the two evils. My universal truths and morals are going to be the same in some areas with yours and different in others, but I think you'll be surprised to see how much might just coincide with your thinking.

MissileMan said:
What percentage of homosexuals are pedophiles then? What percentage of heterosexuals are? Use an honest comparison. Those with an anti-gay agenda have to resort to twisting the numbers because the facts don't bear out what they want the truth to be. They can't say "homosexuals are x times more likely to be pedophiles" because it's not true. I assure you they would word it exactly that way if they could. Instead they throw out information like you posted and depend on a mis-interpretation of the data to further their cause.

If you're not ignoring the possibilities, what would you call it? Arbitrary dismissal perhaps?

In the simple, provable statement, "Although homosexuals comprise only 1-3% of the population, they account for a staggering 20-40% of all child molestations", I honestly don't see much in the way of twisting or misinterpretation. Rather, it seems to be YOU who are bound up in pretzel-eights - throwing out every lame rationalization you can think of in an attempt to explain away a truth you don't like. It remains, though. The truth is stubborn that way.

musicman said:
In the simple, provable statement, "Although homosexuals comprise only 1-3% of the population, they account for a staggering 20-40% of all child molestations", I honestly don't see much in the way of twisting or misinterpretation. Rather, it seems to be YOU who are bound up in pretzel-eights - throwing out every lame rationalization you can think of in an attempt to explain away a truth you don't like. It remains, though. The truth is stubborn that way.

So you are opposed to an honest comparison. Guess we'll end it there.

MissileMan said:
So you are opposed to an honest comparison. Guess we'll end it there.

Do whatever you think is best, MissileMan. Put the finest evening gown money can buy on this malodorous pig. Bring up the concept of the homosexual super-predator, for like the 478th time - as if that monster, if he exists, somehow puts a better face on homosexual culpability in this matter. Doesn't even the idea that a child molestor is many times more prolific SOLELY ON THE BASIS OF HIS HOMOSEXUALITY suggest something disturbing about the behavior to you? Are you willfully deaf AND blind?

However you choose to attack the facts, do keep in mind that what you are trying to explain away is no mere "discrepancy". The numbers are at WILD VARIANCE. The difference is EXPONENTIAL. So, tell me, sir - why is society unreasonable in considering homosexuality a danger? Enlighten us. Free us from our ignorant superstitions.

musicman said:
Do whatever you think is best, MissileMan. Put the finest evening gown money can buy on this malodorous pig. Bring up the concept of the homosexual super-predator, for like the 478th time - as if that monster, if he exists, somehow puts a better face on homosexual culpability in this matter. Doesn't even the idea that a child molestor is many times more prolific SOLELY ON THE BASIS OF HIS HOMOSEXUALITY suggest something disturbing about the behavior to you? Are you willfully deaf AND blind?

However you choose to attack the facts, do keep in mind that what you are trying to explain away is no mere "discrepancy". The numbers are at WILD VARIANCE. The difference is EXPONENTIAL. So, tell me, sir - why is society unreasonable in considering homosexuality a danger? Enlighten us. Free us from our ignorant superstitions.

Why is the question of percentage of pedophiles among homosexuals versus percentage among heterosexuals one that you won't even entertain? You throw out your statement to insinuate that homosexuals are more prone to pedophilia. Wouldn't you agree that a comparison of percentages among the respective populations would better reflect the truth?

It's statistics from YOUR sources that claim that a homosexual pedophile will have 7 times the number of victims as a heterosexual pedophile. I can think of several logical reasons that this might be the case. The reason that makes the most sense is that they get away with it longer. It makes sense that they would get away with it longer because young male victims would be reluctant to report the abuse out of shame and embarassment and fear of being labeled a homosexual.

I do believe that the homosexual lifestyle is dangerous, but mostly to themselves. If they want to play Russian Roulette with their genitalia, it's their business. However, it's not much of an argument against homosexuality to say they're hurting themselves, so people have made up this bullshit that homosexuals are after the children.

Kagom said:
Hey man, thanks for having no faith at all in anything a person can do. You don't know what I'm talking about, do you? My thoughts lie on bettering the lives of people and not my own or lining my wallet with cash. I genuinely want to see an America where people can at least feel safe outside and where they know they can get a quality education, an America where people treat each other fairly and find a way to put down most misconceptions about each other and hate towards their fellow man. I want an America that gets to see peace and is looked up to again as the beacon of light. Tell me, if having a brain trust of sorts is able to accomplish that, though you misconstrue my agenda as moral relativism, is there anything wrong with trying to aim for that idealistic America? I look at the consequences of things and consider them. In my view, it's not moral relativism simply because I'm going with the more positive consequence that will affect people positively. If two negatives come up, I'll go with the lesser of the two evils. My universal truths and morals are going to be the same in some areas with yours and different in others, but I think you'll be surprised to see how much might just coincide with your thinking.

This is a classic example of the liberal "utopia". Kag... it doesn't exist, never has, never will. This is part of what I mean when I say you need to come back to earth, and that you've been DEEPLY indoctrinated into the liberal mindset. Your reality isn't that of what is.

Forum List

Back