The Battle Against the A.P.A. Resolution

MissileMan said:
You quite plainly said it here.

You seem to want to believe that by "singling out" - as in "being especially vigilant with a pride that is exponentially more dangerous in relation to its numbers" - I mean "ignore the other threat". Clearly, I said nothing of the kind. I think you're just quibbling over definition at this point.

musicman said:
You seem to want to believe that by "singling out" - as in "being especially vigilant with a pride that is exponentially more dangerous in relation to its numbers" - I mean "ignore the other threat". Clearly, I said nothing of the kind. I think you're just quibbling over definition at this point.

If single out doesn't mean place emphasis on, what meaning do you assign to the phrase?

MissileMan said:
If single out doesn't mean place emphasis on, what meaning do you assign to the phrase?

"Single out" doesn't mean "place emphasis on - to the exclusion and neglect of everything else" - which is what you're trying to ascribe to my post.

musicman said:
"Single out" doesn't mean "place emphasis on - to the exclusion and neglect of everything else" - which is what you're trying to ascribe to my post.

What definition are you using then?

Forum List

Back