The basic platform

Caveguy

Aug 23, 2008
Republicans believe in small limited federal government. The strongest government should be the one closest to you. This way those who live near you can be held accountable. The Federal government is too far from you to be held responsible for their actions or lack thereof.

To put this bluntly, Your highest rate of taxation should be coming from your municipality or county government. The Federal government should be just there to defend the country and maintain the Interstate Highway system as well as handle disputes between states and make treaties and trade agreements with foreign countries...

Republicans don't act very republican. They spent tons of cash they shouldn't have even had in the first place.

Any social engineering project should be created at the local level. This would ensure that the money would go to the right places and there are not too many hands touching the dollars meant to do good things. Instead we have chosen a one size fits all approach. This doesn't work very well. Every town and or county is different and they should have the power to decide what they do about the most needy among them.

Notice I haven't mentioned the States? Here we go. The state should also be less powerful than the local. They should be in charge of the enforcement of laws against the states like murder and rape etc. and they should maintain state highways and infrastructure like water and sewage treatment. Education should fall to the county level.

All other laws should be local. Your local politician is much more likely to be run out of town than a sitting Senator or state Assemblyman.

To put it bluntly, our system has been flipped upside down. We no longer can light our torches and carry our pitchforks to the town hall and demand justice. We are living under a tyrannical, bloated bureau of fat cat promise breakers.

Republicans believe in small limited federal government. The strongest government should be the one closest to you. This way those who live near you can be held accountable. The Federal government is too far from you to be held responsible for their actions or lack thereof.

To put this bluntly, Your highest rate of taxation should be coming from your municipality or county government. The Federal government should be just there to defend the country and maintain the Interstate Highway system as well as handle disputes between states and make treaties and trade agreements with foreign countries...

Republicans don't act very republican. They spent tons of cash they shouldn't have even had in the first place.

Any social engineering project should be created at the local level. This would ensure that the money would go to the right places and there are not too many hands touching the dollars meant to do good things. Instead we have chosen a one size fits all approach. This doesn't work very well. Every town and or county is different and they should have the power to decide what they do about the most needy among them.

Notice I haven't mentioned the States? Here we go. The state should also be less powerful than the local. They should be in charge of the enforcement of laws against the states like murder and rape etc. and they should maintain state highways and infrastructure like water and sewage treatment. Education should fall to the county level.

All other laws should be local. Your local politician is much more likely to be run out of town than a sitting Senator or state Assemblyman.

To put it bluntly, our system has been flipped upside down. We no longer can light our torches and carry our pitchforks to the town hall and demand justice. We are living under a tyrannical, bloated bureau of fat cat promise breakers.

Sounds good in theory, just like democracy, but the worry would be that how "local" is local? County? City? What about polygamy laws? Lotta "local" govs. might think polygamy is ok. And what if they want to ban the teaching of evolution? How would those kids fare in the "real" world?

Your summary is great, just wonder where "local" begins and where it ends for that matter. Tough call.

Last edited:
Sounds good in theory, just like democracy, but the worry would be that how "local" is local? County? City? What about polygamy laws? Lotta "local" govs. might think polygamy is ok. And what if they want to ban the teaching of evolution? How would those kids fare in the "real" world?

Your summary is great, just wonder where "local" begins and where it ends for that matter. Tough call.

do you like the teacher's union dictating how much your property taxes are?

if things are done on a local scale, the people will have a better understanding of what is going on and have more say. it would solve a lot of problems, imo

Republicans believe in small limited federal government.

They do? then why do they keep electing Republicans who don't?

The strongest government should be the one closest to you. This way those who live near you can be held accountable. The Federal government is too far from you to be held responsible for their actions or lack thereof.

As though you local berg cannot be just as corrupt as the Federal one? Nice delusion.

To put this bluntly, Your highest rate of taxation should be coming from your municipality or county government.

to put it bluntly, for MOST AMERICANS it is.

The Federal government should be just there to defend the country and maintain the Interstate Highway system as well as handle disputes between states and make treaties and trade agreements with foreign countries...

The very moment we return to the late 18th century we'll be sure to do that.

Oh, okay... you actaully are paying attention. I stand corrected.

Any social engineering project should be created at the local level.

You mean like the Salem Witch Trails? Or how about the Ku Klux Klan? They were local social engineering projects.

This would ensure that the money would go to the right places and there are not too many hands touching the dollars meant to do good things. Instead we have chosen a one size fits all approach. This doesn't work very well. Every town and or county is different and they should have the power to decide what they do about the most needy among them.

See above for my comment on this theory

You faith in your local government astounds me, to be frank. Do you really think some berg with a couple thousand people has the resources to oversee something like the curriculum of k-12 eduation?

Here's a hint...they don't.

Our local cops would shoot us down just as quickly as our State government or the Feds would.

I share you concern for the power we have given our governments, but I have no faith that local governments are any less prone to corruption or abuse of power than our State or Federal governments are.

They do? then why do they keep electing Republicans who don't?

As though you local berg cannot be just as corrupt as the Federal one? Nice delusion.

to put it bluntly, for MOST AMERICANS it is.

The very moment we return to the late 18th century we'll be sure to do that.

Oh, okay... you actaully are paying attention. I stand corrected.

You mean like the Salem Witch Trails? Or how about the Ku Klux Klan? They were local social engineering projects.

See above for my comment on this theory

You faith in your local government astounds me, to be frank. Do you really think some berg with a couple thousand people has the resources to oversee something like the curriculum of k-12 eduation?

Here's a hint...they don't.

Our local cops would shoot us down just as quickly as our State government or the Feds would.

I share you concern for the power we have given our governments, but I have no faith that local governments are any less prone to corruption or abuse of power than our State or Federal governments are.

Never go full retard.

You show everyone who you are and that lets us know what a biggot you are.

I'm guessing the word Berg refers to Jooz.

You are repugnant and small.

Republicans believe in borrowing money from China until they bankrupt America.

Reagan and Bush are responsible for 90% of the National Debt.

ReaganBushDebt.org

That is legislating morality. Federal and State Government has no business doing that. We should have NO national or state level laws that dictate things like marriage, abortion, assisted euthanasia, etc....those are all LOCAL issues as in your city and country. Same with education. Federal level sets the minimal national standard, State design the HOW, and locals implement as well as determine how to tax.

The 1920's was the last time we had things "correct" in this country. Once we hit button on federal social programs it all went to hell. We've always had poor and the destitute but we used to take care them just fine, in our own communities using our own, local resources. Once the gov't got involved, things went south in a hurry. Why people think government, as worthless as they are at running anything, is the answer, I will never understand.

Republicans believe in borrowing money from China until they bankrupt America.

Reagan and Bush are responsible for 90% of the National Debt.

ReaganBushDebt.org

:disagree:

Congress in both adminstrations are responsible for the share of the National debt since they spend almost all of this country's money.

Never go full retard.

You show everyone who you are and that lets us know what a biggot you are.

I'm guessing the word Berg refers to Jooz.

You are repugnant and small.

Thank you for your well thought and reasoned response, CG.

FYI: Let's review argumentative process shall we?

Person A makes an assertion, possible even taking the time (as you didn't) to support his assertions with facts and logic.

Perhaps B refutes those assertions (or supports them) with additional facts and logic.

Person A, building on the discussion based on Person B's response continues the discussion, and with luck both people gain something from the intellectual exercise.

That is called having a discussion, CG

Maybe someday you'll grow up and understand the delight some of us have in such intercourse.

Until you do as well, you will remain an intellectual virgin.

And when it comes to intellectual virginity? Chaste really does make waste.

Have a swell afternoon, lad.

yours,

editec

Thank you for your well thought and reasoned response, CG.

FYI: Let's review argumentative process shall we?

Person A makes an assertion, possible even taking the time (as you didn't) to support his assertions with facts and logic.

Perhaps B refutes those assertions (or supports them) with additional facts and logic.

Person A, building on the discussion based on Person B's response continues the discussion, and with luck both people gain something from the intellectual exercise.

That is called having a discussion, CG

Maybe someday you'll grow up and understand the delight some of us have in such intercourse.

Until you do as well, you will remain an intellectual virgin.

And when it comes to intellectual virginity? Chaste really does make waste.

Have a swell afternoon, lad.

yours,

editec

So it means you're intellectual if you are anti-semitic?

this idiot just learned me somethin'...

berg is also a locale... like a village...

your local berg...

No soup for you!

I'm sorry. Do you see how it could be slanted towards an ethinic slur?

We are so sensitive to this sort of thing we end up blinded by language.

See what political correctness is doing to simple banter?

and it's "burg"... berg could mean hill like bergen [county]..

or boro, borough, ville, village,villa, via, ton, town, etc...

this board does have it's Joo conspiracy theorists...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back