The barber shop

alan1

Gold Member
Dec 13, 2008
Shoveling the ashes
Or the Beauty Salon, or the Hair Dresser, or whatever you want to call it.

My barber retired about 18 months ago or so.
Been going to that guy for about 16 years. Every 8-9 weeks, I walked into his establishment, got my haircut and him and I would talk about politics, current events or raising kids for about 15-20 minutes as he cut my hair. I miss Mr Li as my barber.
About 7 years ago he changed his barber shop into a salon and hired a few women to work for him. He still only charged me $10 for a haircut when he raised his prices.
When he retired, one of the ladies that worked for him bought his shop and took over. Her and I don't click, so I've been going longer between haircuts. And I've been trying out other places.
And I've been going even longer between haircuts.
It's been about 3 months since I last got my hair cut, but I did it today. It was a new place I hadn't been to before. The lady that cut my hair was a bit of a smartass, and funny. We kind of clicked. I might have finally found my new barber.
Everybody needs a good lawyer, a good butcher and a good barber.

A good barber is hard to find.

They guy that cuts my hair was a close friend of both my father and grandfather. He was also the mayor of our town for the better part of a decade. He credits my dad and grandpa for him being mayor, hell to hear him tell it they held a gun to his head and made him run.

When I was little and went to his shop with my dad they talked forever about anything. Now that I'm the one going in its the same thing. But he always wants reports on the rest of my family. "Leave nothing out" he says.

He also is like the last guy on Earth that still does the old time shave with the huge razor blade that he sharpens on the leather strap hanging off the barber chair. After my "holiday haircut" I plan on not shaving for a few weeks and having him do it, lol. Just for the experience.

The last time I went in he made a comment about retiring. I managed to convince him to stay open until I could get my boy in for his first haircut. That way he'll have cut my familys hair for 4 generations.

Since I left the military I only get my hair cut twice a year.

My wife calls me the Lion King.

Well, the word asshole is usual in the mix too.

Since I left the military I only get my hair cut twice a year.

My wife calls me the Lion King.

Well, the word asshole is usual in the mix too.
since I left the military I have a bowel opening only twice a day, my barber is very understanding:eek:

Now any barber you trust to cut your anus hair is one hell of a barber!!!!

Barbers seem to be dying breed hereabouts.

The barbarshop I used tp frequent is open M-T from 8 to noon.

Not exactly conveient given that even when they were open five days a week for 8 hours you often waited more than an hour for service.

I go to a beautician now, who charges $15.

They do a fine job, but I miss my barber.

I go to my cousin, he has been doing my hair for about seven years. I have very course curly hair and most people don't know how to cut it, they usually make it look like a mushroom. He is young so I think i am good.

Forum List

Back