The bar is still open...

WorldWatcher

Gold Member
Dec 28, 2010
VA
>

Kind of a bump for a nic change.

I explained some history and one of the admins who was kind enough to allow me to change my nic so I'm using this as an announcement for that.

You may have seen me post as "SeaShadow" which is what I signed up as and for a few days it was "workwatcher" because of a a typo from the first attempt.

Irregardless, I'd like to say thanks to the Admins for the change and Hi to my old friends that may already know me and to the new ones I'm making here.

Beer is on tap.

WW

>

*** The bar is open. Have a seat and let me pour you a tall cold one. I might be able to dig out a bottle of white zinfandel for the ladies if needed. However if you are underage, please ask for a root beer. ***

I found this board when hunting up an old interwebs acquaintance to give her a shout out due to something in the news. A mutual contract steered me here as a means of passing a message.

Personal:
  • 20-year Retired Navy serving as a Chief Aviation Electronics Technician and Naval Aircrewman on Airborne Early Warning, Command and Control, and Electronic Reconnaissance shipboard and land based platforms. Most of my time was in WESTPAC and for my last tour I ended up on the east coast.
  • For a few years I was a Technical Trainer with Canon and now work in Human Resources as an Oracle Information Systems Administrator.
  • Married to the same woman for the last 22-years who is also a Navy veteran of 14 years. She received a medical discharge due to a motor vehicle accident while assigned to Shore Patrol (and no the accident was not her fault, the brakes on her patrol vehicle failed).
  • Two kids. One son, 20, Junior, attending a local university as a Business IT major and working part time as an IT tech. Our daughter is 19, a sophomore, and attending school away from home. She earned a full ride AFROTC scholarship while in college and will hopefully make the cut for Air Force Field Training for next summer and will earn her commission in 2012.

Politics:
  • Imagine a scale from “0” on the left as LWN (Left Wing Nut) to “10” on right as RWN (Right Wing Nut) with “5” being in the middle. I’d put myself at about 7.5.
  • I’ve taken some of those on-line “What Am I?” surveys and normally come out as fairly conservative from a fiscal point & personal responsibility point of view with a good dose of minimal government and maximum personal freedom which leans to fairly libertarian.

>>>>

>>>>

I posted in a new forum once as White Rock Ropey. It came out as White Ropey. This was on an off road forum.

Man I took some jibing there. :razz: Finally had it changed. :)

Welcome

I posted in a new forum once as White Rock Ropey. It came out as White Ropey. This was on an off road forum.

Man I took some jibing there. :razz: Finally had it changed. :)

Welcome

Feels good to have the nic I've used for years and my normal avatar up again.

:lol::lol:

>>>>

Please, I would dearly love a cold glass of water.

To quote a great movie...

................................... "As you wish".

icecubes.jpg

>>>>

Forum List

Back