The Bad Neighbor

Nutz

Gold Member
Feb 27, 2014
Do you have those neighbors, that are simply trash and don't fit in the community at all?

Let me tell you, my neighbors across the street are the perfect example. Simply put, they are trash...disgusting, useless people that live on the governments dime while they wallow in a life of drugs, crime and everything else in between. They are a blot in a relatively good neighborhood that consists of mostly retirees and military families. About ten of them live in this house...none of them work and it is obvious they support themselves illegally.

Five years ago, one of the members of this clan tried to rob my 85 year old grandfather. The culprit stabbed him and beat him, but the pussy couldn't get his money. He is now serving 20 years in prison. Recently, another member of this family broke into our garage and stole some power tools. The police know it was him as his wife is the person who sold the tools to a pawn shop - but they won't arrest him because he is a confidential informant. The police continually tell me that they are going to pick him and his wife up...but after a couple of months, nothing has happened. The police even told us that he is under investigation for even more...but they will do nothing.

I have reached a boiling point. They are pure trash that ruins my neighborhood and the tranquility that we all want when we are home. They are always yelling and screaming...causing trouble and drama. The cops are called there on a weekly basis and it has all become too much. This has been going on for 30 + years. They reproduce and create more idiots who repeat the entire process.

Outside of taking a baseball bat and beating the shit out of the entire clan...what should I do?

30 years? Is moving a possibility?

Sounds like a horrible situation for you and your family :(

I live in a rural area precisely so I don't have many close neighbors (anyway - who would tolerate some with a bunch of dogs?) :)

• Banned
I haven't lived here for 30 years, but my grandparents have lived here for about 45 years. I moved in to be the 'caretaker' for my grandfather when my grandmother passed away. When he was attacked, I lived out of state (it took every ounce of restraint not to fly back and kill the bastard that attacked him). But my entire family grew up in this house...which, like I said, is in a good neighborhood full of military retirees (my grandparents bought the house because it is right outside of the military base in which he served). So moving isn't really an option, my grandfather is going to die in this house...he had it built to his specifications and raised 6 kids here. Hell, I am in the process of buying it so it will be mine when he passes away...

I imagine your other neighbors aren't too happy about this clan either? Is there a neighborhood watch? A way to work with the local police to have more foot patrols?

Admittedly - I've not lived in an area where I've had to deal with neighbors like that :(

Do you have those neighbors, that are simply trash and don't fit in the community at all?

Let me tell you, my neighbors across the street are the perfect example. Simply put, they are trash...disgusting, useless people that live on the governments dime while they wallow in a life of drugs, crime and everything else in between. They are a blot in a relatively good neighborhood that consists of mostly retirees and military families. About ten of them live in this house...none of them work and it is obvious they support themselves illegally.

Five years ago, one of the members of this clan tried to rob my 85 year old grandfather. The culprit stabbed him and beat him, but the pussy couldn't get his money. He is now serving 20 years in prison. Recently, another member of this family broke into our garage and stole some power tools. The police know it was him as his wife is the person who sold the tools to a pawn shop - but they won't arrest him because he is a confidential informant. The police continually tell me that they are going to pick him and his wife up...but after a couple of months, nothing has happened. The police even told us that he is under investigation for even more...but they will do nothing.

I have reached a boiling point. They are pure trash that ruins my neighborhood and the tranquility that we all want when we are home. They are always yelling and screaming...causing trouble and drama. The cops are called there on a weekly basis and it has all become too much. This has been going on for 30 + years. They reproduce and create more idiots who repeat the entire process.

Outside of taking a baseball bat and beating the shit out of the entire clan...what should I do?

Go public. Get the good neighbors together, buy a full page newspaper ad and rent a billboard and post the informant's and wife's pictures on it with the words: "These two (list all offenses) but the cops won't arrest them because these two are informants."

They'll be sleeping with the fishes.

• Banned
I imagine your other neighbors aren't too happy about this clan either? Is there a neighborhood watch? A way to work with the local police to have more foot patrols?

Admittedly - I've not lived in an area where I've had to deal with neighbors like that :(

Well here is the kicker. My Uncle is a chaplain at the police department. He is really the only reason the cops told us the neighbor was a snitch. This really is a good neighborhood and the hell if I will let anyone force me out when 9 out of 10 neighbors are good.

Anyway, the leader of the pack always smoothed the tension. Like I said, they are life long neighbors who have known each other forever...I guess you could say that 4 of 10 are scum and the rest are amiable - I think they try real hard because they know the rest are scum.

Well, they are sneaky thieves. The only reason we were able to figure out it was them is because we replaced the blade on a stolen item...it had a different serial number so they altered the wrong serial number :lol:. I guess no one else kept records so they couldn't prove it was them. Now that they have been caught, the neighbors are now certain they were responsible for the other thefts.

So I am guessing there will be some neighborhood drama. I have been sure to tell everyone in the neighborhood exactly what is up. I still want to use a baseball bat...but, I won't.

we had a bad neighbor...really bad...thief and such....when he starting urinating off the side of his porch...basically exposing himself to the older lady next door....the men had a meeting....a few days later the house burned down....fate seems to have solved that problem

but the redneck ways of the country dwellers may not work for everyone....we like quiet neighbors with no meth labs and such....sometimes there are technicalities that keep the police from doing the right thing

Well here is the kicker. My Uncle is a chaplain at the police department. He is really the only reason the cops told us the neighbor was a snitch. This really is a good neighborhood and the hell if I will let anyone force me out when 9 out of 10 neighbors are good.

Anyway, the leader of the pack always smoothed the tension. Like I said, they are life long neighbors who have known each other forever...I guess you could say that 4 of 10 are scum and the rest are amiable - I think they try real hard because they know the rest are scum.

Well, they are sneaky thieves. The only reason we were able to figure out it was them is because we replaced the blade on a stolen item...it had a different serial number so they altered the wrong serial number :lol:. I guess no one else kept records so they couldn't prove it was them. Now that they have been caught, the neighbors are now certain they were responsible for the other thefts.

So I am guessing there will be some neighborhood drama. I have been sure to tell everyone in the neighborhood exactly what is up. I still want to use a baseball bat...but, I won't.

okay...well...there's always wiffle ball bats, squirt guns and tater cannons....:eusa_whistle:

what should I do?
Try to convince your neighbor to move. Termites would do the trick! Get yourself a pack of termites. You can dig em up from a termite mound. Only problem is how to get them onto your neighbors property without trespassing. They are most effective in damp areas or areas with significant moisture. Garden mulch also attracts them.

If you somehow manage to get termites onto their property (without trespassing of course), and they eventually request your assistance to help exterminate them, just say no problem, you'll bring over several scorpions and snakes to handle the problem.

Forum List

Back