The average age of the Vietnam soldier was 19...

What a load of bovine excrement ... if you don't know what you're talking about, I suggest you just keep quiet.

As a two and a half tour veteran of Vietnam, I strongly resent the erroneous impressioncreated by this maudlin and blatant misrepresentation of the facts.

It sounds like George W. Bush was the narrator to this ... But this song came out in the 80's... LOL.

What a load of bovine excrement ... if you don't know what you're talking about, I suggest you just keep quiet.

As a two and a half tour veteran of Vietnam, I strongly resent the erroneous impressioncreated by this maudlin and blatant misrepresentation of the facts.

what are you talking about?

what are you talking about?

Ahhhh ... I see the OP has been edited .... removed about a 500 word rant about the VN war and how bad its veterans are. Nice job.

I'm still awaiting your truths to this instead of hearing you call me some excremental spiller.

I would more likely put my money that you are against Israel also, right? WHAT FACTS SIR? WHAT ARE YOU DOING? JUST SITTING THERE LAUGHING AT YOUR OWN REMARK?

I would more likely put my money that you are against Israel also, right? WHAT FACTS SIR? WHAT ARE YOU DOING? JUST SITTING THERE LAUGHING AT YOUR OWN REMARK?

Are you really this dense?

What does my objection to the yellow propaganda you posted in the original post (then conveniently removed the evidence) have to do with Israel?

For the record ---- I've visited Israel about 8 times in the last 3 years. One of my subcontractors is an Israeli software firm.

Are you really this dense?

What does my objection to the yellow propaganda you posted in the original post (then conveniently removed the evidence) have to do with Israel?

For the record ---- I've visited Israel about 8 times in the last 3 years. One of my subcontractors is an Israeli software firm.
WHAT FACTS??? PLEASE TELL ME THE FACTS THAT I AM SUPPOSEDLY MISSING... IS THAT SO DIFFICULT SINCE YOU ARE THE ONE THAT POINTED OUT THE MISTAKES?

Facts | Vietnam War

Facts

While many aspects about the Vietnam War are debatable, the facts and figures of the war have a voice of their own and are indisputable.

Here are some of the commonly accepted facts about the Vietnam War:

Hardcastle was inspired to create the song after watching Vietnam Requiem,[3] and comparing his own life at 19 to those of the soldiers featured: "...what struck me was how young the soldiers were: the documentary said their average age was 19. I was out having fun in pubs and clubs when I was 19, not being shoved into jungles and shot at."[5]

The title "19" comes from the documentary's claim that the average age of an American combat soldier in the war was 19, as compared to World War II's 26.[6] This claim has since been disputed.[7] Undisputed statistics do not exist, although Southeast Asia Combat Area Casualties Current File (CACCF), the source for the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, shows a large number of deaths (38%) were ages 19 or 20. According to the same source, 23 is the average age at time of death (or time of declaration of death).[8] The song also comments that while the tour of duty was longer during World War II, soldiers in Vietnam were subjected to hostile fire [more frequently] almost every day.[6]

19 (song) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Vietnam Requiem (DVD)

vietnamReqDVDweb.jpg

Forum List

Back