The attempt to refrain the gun control debate

[

"On the other hand, the ladies at work all have kids, and they don't want some crazy person with military grade weapons walking into their kid's school because the NRA panders to crazy fools like you."
What's my position on gun control and the banning of assault weapons?

A guy who uses the name of a gun as a screen handle wants me to guess what his position on guns is?

Seriously?

[

"On the other hand, the ladies at work all have kids, and they don't want some crazy person with military grade weapons walking into their kid's school because the NRA panders to crazy fools like you."

A guy who uses the name of a gun as a screen handle wants me to guess what his position on guns is?

Seriously?

Yeah, seriously! Do you know if beretta is a gun or a name or both?

Last edited:
[

Seriously?

Yeah, seriously! Do you know if beretta is a gun or a name or both?

So why don't you TELL me what your position is, because frankly, I don't keep track of the crazies with a scorecard.

I've been held at gunpoint 5 times by 7 different people with 7 different guns. It was illegal for them to do that to me every time. 4 out of those 5 times were in places where it was illegal for me or them to carry a gun, so I did not have one. Now that it is legal for me to have a gun, I have never had a gun pulled on me since. I know first hand for a fact that I am safer when everyone is allowed to be armed. Laws don't stop criminals, armed citizens do!

Oh, come one!!!! Where in the hell do you live??? Or maybe you're a member of organized crime. In any case, you are either leaving something out or your story is made up.

Just because you have political blinders on & don't want to hear the truth does not mean I made it up. I find it hard to believe that more people have not been held at gun-point. I think you people are repressing or lying about it. My friends & family tried to tell me the same line of bullshit you are peddling. Then it happened to many of us one day. Now they can't deny it & they don't want to discuss it any more. My entire family now packs heat including my hard core liberal mother & sister.

I was born and raised in Hollywood and let's just say I'm passed 40 years old. I have never, ever had a gun pointed at me. Let alone my entire family!!! I ask again, where in the hell do you live??

I did read them...and?
:cool: Put your point in your own words and lets' see where it goes. Neither I or anyone is denying that an assualt weapons fires faster than a handgun...

I laugh at your control freak tendencies... You fail to articulate a valid argument for the necessity to have citizens bearing rapid-fire assault weapons. Whether you try or you don't, I don't take it personally, I'll just simply disagree. I await your convincing argument of "what good" lifting the ban has done...???

He could have run his mother over in the driveway then plow into the children at recess. How can you stop a violent impulse? :dunno:

I don't think you know what you're trying to argue. I'll make this so easy a dunce like you will get it.

Are they illegal to own now and are they constitutionaly banned? I didn't say it's a necessity. By the same token you're presenting wishful thinking and I'm telling you... like it is.

I'll ask you what good has the ban done?

"How can you stop a violent impulse?"

The above is my point to you? Ban assault weapons and there will still be the same types of incidents.

Now somehow read into that reality that I'm an advocate of assault weapons.

All I'm saying is you can't make a valid case for banning them because that's a band-aid on a wound that requires stitches.

Why do you have to call everybody names?? It makes your case look more pitiful and ridiculous than it already is.

Oh, come one!!!! Where in the hell do you live??? Or maybe you're a member of organized crime. In any case, you are either leaving something out or your story is made up.

Just because you have political blinders on & don't want to hear the truth does not mean I made it up. I find it hard to believe that more people have not been held at gun-point. I think you people are repressing or lying about it. My friends & family tried to tell me the same line of bullshit you are peddling. Then it happened to many of us one day. Now they can't deny it & they don't want to discuss it any more. My entire family now packs heat including my hard core liberal mother & sister.

I was born and raised in Hollywood and let's just say I'm passed 40 years old. I have never, ever had a gun pointed at me. Let alone my entire family!!! I ask again, where in the hell do you live??

I'm 48 & I have lived in different places. If you are asking where my friends, family & I were held up at gunpoint, it was in a parking garage down town Saint Louis MO after we were shopping at a hi-fi stereo expo in the convention center next door.

Last edited:
Believe It or Not Mass Killings Are Not on the Rise, They Are on the Decline

The assault with gun rate for the entire country dropped faster than cities with gun bans. Gun violence rose by comparison in cities with gun bans. There was an immediate changes in society around 1992 & it was not from government.

November 7, 1991, basketball legend Earvin "Magic" Johnson stuns the world by announcing he tested positive for HIV, the virus that causes AIDS. Within 2 months the number of people getting tested for aids was up 50%. Illegitimate birth rates dropped within 9 months. Heroin & other injected drug use that had been soaring since 1960 slowed their accent.

The country sobered up a bit & quit sharing IV drug needles. People quit having as many orgies, as much sex with strangers & not without protection. Maybe even settled down & married. This must have reduce the financial stress of illegitimate births & drug use, thus lowered the crime rate. Two parent structure households create the best well adjusted children. Single parent & divorced households & unwanted children create criminals.

effectswelfarereformchart3.ashx

518px-Violent_Crime_Rates_in_the_United_States.svg.png

Forum List

Back