The attempt to refrain the gun control debate

I am as liberal as they come.

However, I am a realist, guns are never going to go away.

I think you are missing the point. It is not all or nothing. We can't solve the problem completely, but we can make it far less acute by introducing stricter gun controls.

The harder it is to get a gun, the less people would have to die.

Lol, you couldn't prove that if your life depended on it.

To an asshole like you, I couldn't prove that the water is wet.

I understand how this surge in gun violence has people looking for answers and looking for ways to protect the innocent. I don't think it is a case of "politicizing" a tragedy, I think it is a very normal response.

But until you get the votes to amend the Constitution, it ain't gonna happen.

I have been listening to the pundits talk about the need to get guns out of the hands of crazy people, and how happy they are that Obama said something needs to be done to stop tragedies like the one today. What, exactly, are the alternatives? We have no way to determine if someone is going to flip out and go on a shooting spree. Even if we did, what are we going to do? If we put them in a database that prevents them from buying a gun what is to stop them from stealing one? Should we require everyone to be tested, and lock everyone who the tests identify as a danger up? Do we really want to create a society that locks people up because they might do something?

The way I see it is we have two choices, either deny everyone freedom, or accept the fact that crazy people are going to do crazy things. If anyone has an actual alternative to those options I would love to hear it.

Asshole. Scum.

you just pissed on the parents who lost their children today.

there's a special place in hell for the NRA and Wayne LaPierre.
such anger. You should be evaluated by officials to be sure that you are not a danger to people and children in schools all across the nations.

BTW...we should ban the use of Heroin and Crack.........oh....wait......

And yet, you still can't prove that. I also love it when dingbats talk about semi-automatice weapons etc and then the all exclusive.....hunting rifle. :lmao:

Learn about firearms and stop armchair quarterbacking something you don't know a fucking thing about.

I have been listening to the pundits talk about the need to get guns out of the hands of crazy people, and how happy they are that Obama said something needs to be done to stop tragedies like the one today. What, exactly, are the alternatives? We have no way to determine if someone is going to flip out and go on a shooting spree. Even if we did, what are we going to do? If we put them in a database that prevents them from buying a gun what is to stop them from stealing one? Should we require everyone to be tested, and lock everyone who the tests identify as a danger up? Do we really want to create a society that locks people up because they might do something?

The way I see it is we have two choices, either deny everyone freedom, or accept the fact that crazy people are going to do crazy things. If anyone has an actual alternative to those options I would love to hear it.

Are you for real? There nothing impossible about banning anything shorter than a hunting rifle, all semiautomatics and high-capacity magazines. And making licensing of the rest hard and expensive, so only determined hunters could get it.

Then if you are a homicidal maniac, where would steal your gun from? Police?

Or buy it on the black market. So criminals and maniacs have guns, but the rest of the law abiding citizens are unarmed. Lets make the US one big giant victim zone!! WOOHOO!

Asshole. Scum.

How well has gun control kept the violence down in cities like Chicago? Kabul or Baghdad are safer then Chicago.

I understand how this surge in gun violence has people looking for answers and looking for ways to protect the innocent. I don't think it is a case of "politicizing" a tragedy, I think it is a very normal response.

But until you get the votes to amend the Constitution, it ain't gonna happen.

It is going to happen. The question is how many people would have to die before Americans decide that enough is enough.

Are you for real? There nothing impossible about banning anything shorter than a hunting rifle, all semiautomatics and high-capacity magazines. And making licensing of the rest hard and expensive, so only determined hunters could get it.

He could make his own. A gun does not require a rocket scientist to make.

He could make his own gun -- but would he? How many people, who would kill otherwise, wouldn't bother?

Or buy it on the black market. So criminals and maniacs have guns, but the rest of the law abiding citizens are unarmed. Lets make the US one big giant victim zone!! WOOHOO!

Fail.

Most law abiding citizens are unarmed when they are attacked. Those who are, have a better chance of dying by their own guns.

He could make his own gun -- but would he? How many people, who would kill otherwise, wouldn't bother?

Show me a country where guns are banned and then show me the 0 deaths a year due to a ban on guns... You can't, because you're a liar. You keep pretending that all these crimes that happen with deaths involved are with people that legally have guns.

As far as I understand it, most deaths per year that involve firearms are from people who have illegally obtained that firearm. Meaning the more restrictions do near nothing.

That is such a bullshit. Everyone knows that you can kill much more people with guns. People go on killing spree because it is so much easier and cleaner to pull the trigger, than murder a person with a cold weapon.

Knife-wielding man injures 22 children in China - Courant.com

And how many knife massacres happen is China versus gun massacres in the US? All while China having 4 times larger population and 40 times more social issues than the US?

Last edited:

Asshole. Scum.

Faux outrage.

This bodycount equals a good night's work for the nation's gangbangers across our inner-cities.

You wana save people it’s time to outlaw sugar, driving, crossing the street until driving is outlawed... Smoking, drinking and hundreds of other things that kill people every year.

Show me a country where guns are banned and then show me the 0 deaths a year due to a ban on guns...

This is not about having 0 death a year. This is about coming down from 27,000 deaths a year to 2700, or even less.

Last edited:

Show me a country where guns are banned and then show me the 0 deaths a year due to a ban on guns...

This is not about having 0 death a year. This is about coming down from 27,000 death a year to 2700, or even less.
0.0009 percent of the people are killed a year.....Your own numbers.....27k divided by 300 million.

Not the epidemic you make it out to be.

There are over 200 million guns in this country. That is 0.000135 deaths per gun if we assume that 27k people were killed by guns in this country.

The hysteria is simply amazing.

You wana save people it’s time to outlaw sugar, driving, crossing the street until driving is outlawed... Smoking, drinking and hundreds of other things that kill people every year.

Many useful and even life saving things also kill people. But what makes a handgun so useful these days?

I am as liberal as they come.

However, I am a realist, guns are never going to go away.

I think you are missing the point. It is not all or nothing. We can't solve the problem completely, but we can make it far less acute by introducing stricter gun controls.

The harder it is to get a gun, the less people would have to die.

No, the harder it is to get a gun, the fewer people would be able to protect themselves, and the MORE people would have to die.

Or did you really think that the occasional, cherrypicked, sensationalized incident that the "unbiased" media chooses to share with us are the ONLY incidents involving guns that there are in this country?

Furthermore, I have two questions for you:

1) Why do you actually think it's possible to make guns non-existent and unavailable to people who are inclined to ignore the law in the first place?

2) Why do you think school shootings (or mall shootings, or any place else that bans citizens from arming themselves) are a fault of lax gun control laws, rather than an example of how fucking stupid it is to group vulnerable targets together with no one there able to defend and protect them, and THEN think that saying, "No guns allowed" is actually going to stop a violent person from attacking them, rather than thinking, "Good, they won't shoot back"?

Forum List

Back