The Art o the Dems: Lying about lying about the lies...

Stop projecting your OCD. You challenged others to show where you've lied.

I showed where you lied.

You exceeded my expectations by doubling down on your lie by repeating it again, removing any doubt you're a liar.
thumbsup.gif

No, you haven't, but I've pointed out you have a severe OCD problem, and MLK, by what is presented in the link provided was a Republican... Now you can argue that until your OCD blows up, child! :badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin::badgrin:
You're one sick pup, vagisil. No one knows what party MLK Jr. was registered to. You claiming he was a Republican is of course a lie.

Best part was watching you get owned by your own link.
thumbsup.gif

:dance::dance::dance:

And you can't verify that he wasn't! The evidence is clear, except for a low 2 digit IQ'd fool, such as yourself! :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::fu:
I can verify that no one knows.

That's all that's needed to prove you're a liar.

And from your own link! :lmao:

:dance::dance::dance:
Even YOU said it was an OPINION! What a moron! Go play with the babies in the Flame Zone... they'll appreciate your humor there!
The only opinion was the conservative you linked to who claimed MLK Jr. was a Republican.

THAT is an opinion.

No one knows what party he was registered with. That is a fact gleaned from a link you posted.
thumbsup.gif

THAT is an opinion.

No one knows what party he was registered with.

You're right, I don't know what party he was registered with but that doesn't matter.

His daughter said he would align with conservative republicans today.

That's HER opinion but she IS his daughter.

THAT is an opinion.

You're right, I don't know what party he was registered with but that doesn't matter.

Of course it matters when pointing out someone is lying by claiming he was a registered Republican. Your failed attempts to deflect from that are noted and again, dismissed.

Of course it matters when pointing out someone is lying by claiming he was a registered Republican. Your failed attempts to deflect from that are noted and again, dismissed.

I'm not arguing another poster's point, dipshit.

I just presented what I know.

Again... no one gives a flying fuck. It has nothing to do with what is being argued. :cuckoo: WTF is wrong with you??

Again... no one gives a flying fuck. It has nothing to do with what is being argued. :cuckoo: WTF is wrong with you??

I listen to you idiots squawking all day, that's what's wrong with me. I need my head checked.

I listen to you idiots squawking all day, that's what's wrong with me. I need my head checked.
Like I said, you're fucking deranged.

Like I said, you're fucking deranged.

Downright demented! :FIREdevil:

THAT is an opinion.

Don't you mean his niece?

She had made that assumption based on the stances of the Republican Party in the 19th century and the consequent affiliation of MLK Senior (Dr. MLK's father). But she later retracted it:

>> I have few regrets in my life. At the top of the list is the demise of two children in my womb, and one miscarriage. Next to that, I regret having said to a group of peers that my Uncle M. L. (Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.) was a Republican. My Grandfather, Dr. Martin Luther King, Sr. was a registered Republican. Uncle M. L. was an independent. I assumed that since Granddaddy was a Republican, Uncle M. L. was too. After all, before the election of President John F. Kennedy, the majority of African American voters were Republicans. Granddaddy convinced a large block of Blacks to vote for President John Kennedy after he helped to get my uncle out of jail during those turbulent days. Uncle M. L. tended to vote Democrat, but remained independent because he found weaknesses in both parties. The truth of the matter is that God isn't a Republican or a Democrat or a Tea Party voter. God doesn't vote. The squabbling and division among the parties is tragic. << --- Alveda King, October 2013 (here)
Actually the sentence after the bolded one is wrong; the majority of AA voters haven't been Republican since Truman won them over. A historian she ain't.

imrs.php

Last edited:
THAT is an opinion.

She had made that assumption based on the stances of the Republican Party in the 19th century and the consequent affiliation of MLK Senior (Dr. MLK's father). But she later retracted it:

>> I have few regrets in my life. At the top of the list is the demise of two children in my womb, and one miscarriage. Next to that, I regret having said to a group of peers that my Uncle M. L. (Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.) was a Republican. My Grandfather, Dr. Martin Luther King, Sr. was a registered Republican. Uncle M. L. was an independent. I assumed that since Granddaddy was a Republican, Uncle M. L. was too. After all, before the election of President John F. Kennedy, the majority of African American voters were Republicans. Granddaddy convinced a large block of Blacks to vote for President John Kennedy after he helped to get my uncle out of jail during those turbulent days. Uncle M. L. tended to vote Democrat, but remained independent because he found weaknesses in both parties. The truth of the matter is that God isn't a Republican or a Democrat or a Tea Party voter. God doesn't vote. The squabbling and division among the parties is tragic. << --- Alveda King, October 2013 (here)
Actually the sentence after the bolded one is wrong; the majority of AA voters haven't been Republican since Truman won them over. A historian she ain't.

imrs.php

Yes, Alveda King. I'm sorry, my mistake.

I heard her comments back in 2007-08 on a talk show. She did say MLK was a political independent. She did not say how he was registered or how he had voted. What she said was, his viewpoints would have been inline with today's conservative republicans.

THAT is an opinion.

imrs.php

I heard her comments back in 2007-08 on a talk show. She did say MLK was a political independent. She did not say how he was registered or how he had voted. What she said was, his viewpoints would have been inline with today's conservative republicans.
Oh, look at that -- you didn't even know who you're talking about. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

THAT is an opinion.

imrs.php

Few would seem to agree with her on that --

>> "It is disingenuous to imply that my father was a Republican. He never endorsed any presidential candidate, and there is certainly no evidence that he ever even voted for a Republican. It is even more outrageous to suggest he would support the Republican Party of today, which has spent so much time and effort trying to suppress African American votes in Florida and many other states." << --- Martin Luther King III in a 2008 Associated Press story linked here
Apparently a political group had put up billboards claiming MLK Jr. was "a Republican" and refused to take them down even after being asked to by the King Center...

From the AP story:
>> Told about the billboards, the Rev. Joseph Lowery let out a soft chuckle that grew stronger as he began to think more about the idea. "These guys never give up, do they?" said Lowery, who co-founded the Southern Christian Leadership Conference with King. "Lord have mercy."

...Lowery, who knew King well, said there is no reason why anyone would think King was a Republican. He said King most certainly voted for President Kennedy, and the only time he openly talked about politics was when he criticized Republican Barry Goldwater during the 1964 presidential campaign.

"That was not the Martin I know and I don't think they can substantiate that by any shape, form or fashion. It's purely propaganda and poppycock," Lowery said. "Even if he was, he would have nothing to do with what the Republican Party stands for today. Do they think Martin would support George W. Bush and the war in Iraq?"

In "The Autobiography of Martin Luther King, Jr.," which was published after his death from his written material and records, King called the Republican national convention that nominated Goldwater a "frenzied wedding ... of the KKK and the radical right."

"The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism," King said in the book. <<

Apparently this is one more myth generated by the Revisionist History mill. Which goes far to explain why Vegematic is trying to push it. That's what he traffics in.

Ironic, is it not, that this story about Republicans plainly lying about not-Republicans should come up in a thread about Democrats lying about lying about lying...

Last edited:
THAT is an opinion.

imrs.php

>> "It is disingenuous to imply that my father was a Republican. He never endorsed any presidential candidate, and there is certainly no evidence that he ever even voted for a Republican. It is even more outrageous to suggest he would support the Republican Party of today, which has spent so much time and effort trying to suppress African American votes in Florida and many other states." << --- Martin Luther King III in a 2008 Associated Press story linked here
Apparently a political group had put up billboards claiming MLK Jr. was "a Republican" and refused to take them down even after being asked to by the King Center...

From the AP story:
>> Told about the billboards, the Rev. Joseph Lowery let out a soft chuckle that grew stronger as he began to think more about the idea. "These guys never give up, do they?" said Lowery, who co-founded the Southern Christian Leadership Conference with King. "Lord have mercy."

...Lowery, who knew King well, said there is no reason why anyone would think King was a Republican. He said King most certainly voted for President Kennedy, and the only time he openly talked about politics was when he criticized Republican Barry Goldwater during the 1964 presidential campaign.

"That was not the Martin I know and I don't think they can substantiate that by any shape, form or fashion. It's purely propaganda and poppycock," Lowery said. "Even if he was, he would have nothing to do with what the Republican Party stands for today. Do they think Martin would support George W. Bush and the war in Iraq?"

In "The Autobiography of Martin Luther King, Jr.," which was published after his death from his written material and records, King called the Republican national convention that nominated Goldwater a "frenzied wedding ... of the KKK and the radical right."

"The Republican Party geared its appeal and program to racism, reaction, and extremism," King said in the book. <<

Apparently this is one more myth generated by the Revisionist History mill. Which goes far to explain why Vegematic is trying to push it. That's what he traffics in.

Ironic, is it not, that this story about Republicans plainly lying about not-Republicans should come up in a thread about Democrats lying about lying about lying...

Well this wasn't a myth, it was a black woman who called herself Alveda King and said she was MLKs niece. She didn't say MLK was a Republican or voted for a Republican and neither did I. She said he would align with conservative republicans today. Now, maybe she is full of shit? Maybe she is on drugs? Maybe she was paid to say it? I can't answer for anything, I just know what I heard her say.

I've heard MLK3 before as well, he is a flaming left wing radical liberal. That doesn't mean much with regard to MLK because Ronnie Reagan Jr. is also a flaming libtard. And if his dad had croaked out back in the 50s when he was still a Democrat, he may be running around today telling people his father was never conservative. One thing we do know about libtards is they can lie like hell.

THAT is an opinion.

imrs.php

Oh, look at that -- you didn't even know who you're talking about. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Yeah, Faun... I make mistakes now and then. When I do, I don't have a problem fessing up.

THAT is an opinion.

imrs.php

From the AP story:

Well this wasn't a myth, it was a black woman who called herself Alveda King and said she was MLKs niece. She didn't say MLK was a Republican or voted for a Republican and neither did I. She said he would align with conservative republicans today. Now, maybe she is full of shit? Maybe she is on drugs? Maybe she was paid to say it? I can't answer for anything, I just know what I heard her say.

I've heard MLK3 before as well, he is a flaming left wing radical liberal. That doesn't mean much with regard to MLK because Ronnie Reagan Jr. is also a flaming libtard. And if his dad had croaked out back in the 50s when he was still a Democrat, he may be running around today telling people his father was never conservative. One thing we do know about libtards is they can lie like hell.

I've just demonstrated a case of Republicans blatantly lying (with billboards no less) ---- and from that you conclude "libtards lie like hell". I've also supplied you with observations from both MLK's own son and one of his peers, both of whom are in a position to know. And there's plenty more material from Dr King himself, ALL of which contradict Alveda King's initial statement --- which even SHE has retracted.

You got played by the Rs and blamed the Ds. Your head's in the sand, pal.

THAT is an opinion.

imrs.php

From the AP story:

You're fucking deranged. :cuckoo:

Yes, Alveda King said her famous uncle was a Republican.

You never cease to talk about things you know nothing about. You don't know who you're talking about ... you don't know what she said ... but that doesn't slow your rhetoric down a beat. :eusa_doh:

ALL of which contradict Alveda King's initial statement --- which even SHE has retracted.

Yes, she retracted that he was a registered republican. ML King Sr. (her grandfather) was a registered republican and she assumed her uncle was as well, but he was an independent. But we're not talking about republicans or party registration. Someone else may have made that argument but my comment was that Alveda said (never recanted) that her uncle would have aligned with conservative republicans, aka: tea party conservatives. In other words, he held conservative values and not liberal values.

spot the disconnect ...

She didn't say MLK was a Republican or voted for a Republican and neither did I.

Yes, she retracted that he was a registered republican. ML King Sr. (her grandfather) was a registered republican and she assumed her uncle was as well, but he was an independent.

How did she retract a statement you said she didn't make???

Again, you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. You're making shit up as you go along and then have to alter your position only after researching what you should have known before posting.

ALL of which contradict Alveda King's initial statement --- which even SHE has retracted.

Yes, she retracted that he was a registered republican. ML King Sr. (her grandfather) was a registered republican and she assumed her uncle was as well, but he was an independent. But we're not talking about republicans or party registration. Someone else may have made that argument but my comment was that Alveda said (never recanted) that her uncle would have aligned with conservative republicans, aka: tea party conservatives. In other words, he held conservative values and not liberal values.

Yes. I understand that. And that sentiment --- about aligning with so-called "conservative values" --- was held as ridiculous by the two sources I quoted ..... his son and his colleague.

Moreover, as King was assassinated in 1968, the redefinition of these so-called "conservative values" had not yet taken place, notably with the two elements of the race-baiting "Southern Strategy" by Republicans, and the infusion of religion into politics with the whole "Moral Majority" cancer courtesy of the Jerry Falwells*. So the phrase "conservative values" in King's lifetime didn't mean what they meant after his death anyway. And Alveda King demonstrates a not-very-deep knowledge of such political dynamics as was also demonstrated here, so ..... that's what all that is worth.

* - Even Goldwater, whose candidacy King opposed in 1964, was unsettled by the invasion of the so-called "social conservatives"...

“Mark my word, if and when these preachers get control of the [Republican] party, and they're sure trying to do so, it's going to be a terrible damn problem. Frankly, these people frighten me. Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise. I know, I've tried to deal with them.” -- quoted by John Dean in "Conservatives Without Conscience"

spot the disconnect ...

She didn't say MLK was a Republican or voted for a Republican and neither did I.

Yes, she retracted that he was a registered republican. ML King Sr. (her grandfather) was a registered republican and she assumed her uncle was as well, but he was an independent.

How did she retract a statement you said she didn't make???

Again, you have no fucking clue what you're talking about. You're making shit up as you go along and then have to alter your position only after researching what you should have known before posting.

Do you not comprehend time? Some time back, she made the statement he was a republican. She retracted that statement. At a later time, in another interview, she said he would align with conservative republicans on the issues. In that later interview, she did not say he was a Republican.

Forum List

Back