The Art o the Dems: Lying about lying about the lies...

Discussion in 'Political Satire' started by Boss, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Faun

Faun Messiah

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,563
    You have to understand, he has no idea what he's talking about. He's making up his position as he goes along and readjusts his claims as they get corrected. He was running under the impression that MLK's own daughter was making these claims until you educated him it was his niece. He thought Alveda King didn't claim her uncle was a Republican until I educated him that she in fact had once made such a claim

He can't defend his position.
    He has no idea what he's talking about.
    That doesn't slow him down.

2. Boss

Boss Take a Memo:

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,992
    Clearly, I've not made up anything. I came in on the tail end of an argument someone was having with another over King being a Republican. I never said he was a Republican, I never said he voted Republican or supported a Republican candidate. All I said was that I heard his niece say that he would have aligned with conservative republicans on the issues of the day. From there, this has morphed into a stupid argument over things she previously said and recanted and all kinds of other silly shit you want to drag into it. But that's exactly what you people do and ironically, exactly what the thread topic is about.

3. Pogo

Pogo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Carolinia Agresticia; the Forest Primeval
    Ratings:
    +37,829
    Oh no I doubt that very much. The TP was an astroturf pseudomovement formed to oppose the Black Guy. It wouldn't even have relevance to JFK. Without O'bama, or some other black POTUS, it wouldn't have even been manufactured. There would be no need as long as a white guy was in office.

They didn't use the word "absurd" per se --- I did. But they certainly dismissed the idea that MLK would align with modern Republicans. Now, the point that "conservative" does not necessarily equal "Republican" is well taken, but you never did define what you mean by "conservative values" --- which as my prior post alluded to, changed markedly in the years after his death. So without a definition, you kind of have no point.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Faun

Faun Messiah

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,563
    You said she claimed he didn't say he was a Republican. You threw that out there twice; neither time pointing out anything she said at any other time.

Only after I corrected you did you change your position and admit she did in fact claim her uncle was a Republican.

5. Faun

Faun Messiah

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,563
    Your posts belie your claims you know what you're talking about.

And still waiting for your "documented fact" MLK was pro-life.....