The Arrow....

I don't know. They started the series out with the concept that they would be a "realistic" comic book show like the Nolan Batman series. No Superpowers, aliens, stuff like that.

They pretty quickly threw that out the window.

I don't know. They started the series out with the concept that they would be a "realistic" comic book show like the Nolan Batman series. No Superpowers, aliens, stuff like that.

They pretty quickly threw that out the window.

Joe when they started Greg Berlanti said they would probably be looking for other heros to drop by...i dont know where you got that.....that was one of the things that the Comic-Con fans were enthused about.....they blew that concept with Smallville but were going to rectify it with Arrow.....my only gripe about this is the Atom used to team up with the Flash....i dont know if things changed in the 80's on up...but i dont remember him teaming up with GH.....

Quail Compass

"Arrow" (CW) is great, and the Green Arrow (DC Comics) is really great, since he's resurrected archery in popular culture which has died since the waning demand for Robin Hood stories.

There are just so many superhero shows out there now, almost as much as there are fast food joints.

I wish comic books got more respect from this sudden explosion of TV/film superhero stuff.

Harley Quinn made an appearance on "Arrow" (CW), and I'd like to see a show about Gambit (Marvel Comics).

:cheers2:

Gambit comics - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Green_arrow.jpg

Quail Compass

"Arrow" (CW) is great, and the Green Arrow (DC Comics) is really great, since he's resurrected archery in popular culture which has died since the waning demand for Robin Hood stories.

There are just so many superhero shows out there now, almost as much as there are fast food joints.

I wish comic books got more respect from this sudden explosion of TV/film superhero stuff.

Harley Quinn made an appearance on "Arrow" (CW), and I'd like to see a show about Gambit (Marvel Comics).

:cheers2:

Gambit comics - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

View attachment 31435
that little hat always seemed kinda gayish....plus would it actually stay on his head?....

Quail Compass

Oh, the box office receipts of Iron Man, Avengers, and Guardians of the Galaxy have given a lot of respect to superhero shows.

This fall season on TV, we have:
ABC: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and Agent Carter (Winter hiatus for AoS)
CW: Arrow, The Flash
FOX: Gotham
NBC: Constantine.

And next year, on netflix....Daredevil, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Jessica Jones...to combine as the Defenders.

Ra's al Ghul: Character Combing

The fact that "Arrow" (The CW) presented the super-villain Ra's al Ghul in an elaborate storyline suggests that the writers of the show are committed to creating intricately layered storyboards to match the comic book magic fans are seeking.

Ra's al Ghul is an eerie eco-terrorist who bathes in a mysterious rejuvenating mystical body of water called the Lazarus Pit. He is usually a nemesis of Batman (DC Comics), though it is fruitful to pit him against the Green Arrow (DC Comics).

Ra's creates a brooding atmosphere (either in Oliver Queen's Starling City or Bruce Wayne's Gotham City) in which we can imagine the likes of Count Vertigo, the Penguin, Poison Ivy, and Cupid rising to power to create general havoc.

If we want to re-cast Green Arrow (DC Comics) as America's [super-fantastic fictional] version of Robin Hood (the real-life English super-archer who stole from the rich and valiantly gave to the poor and became a timeless folk hero), then we can appreciate how the appearance of Ra's al Ghul on "Arrow" (The CW) establishes this special CW program as a handsome 'conversational art symbol' or beacon.

:afro:

Robin Hood (2010 Film)

Ra's al Ghul (Batman Wikia)

arrow.jpg

arrow(cw).jpg

Adversary Abacus

Is Green Arrow (DC Comics) a fancification of the English folk hero super-archer Robin Hood, a man who stole from the rich and gave to the poor?

This modern society does after all, refract the populism marketing of institutions such as Citizen's Bank.

Maybe Arrow can take on the ominous Harlot of Babylon (described in the Bible) given a comic book re-orientation (DC Comics did that in the creation of the character Lucifer Morningstar, modeled after Lucifer or Satan the Christianity Devil).

Maybe the scriptural harlot can be a mad female scientist with specially designed metallic spiraling under-support to enable her to move around and whip like an electric-eel and seem like a voodoo mermaid.

Lucifer Morningstar (DC Comics)

pic2.jpg pic1.gif drawing.jpg

Adversary Abacus

Is Green Arrow (DC Comics) a fancification of the English folk hero super-archer Robin Hood, a man who stole from the rich and gave to the poor?

This modern society does after all, refract the populism marketing of institutions such as Citizen's Bank.

Maybe Arrow can take on the ominous Harlot of Babylon (described in the Bible) given a comic book re-orientation (DC Comics did that in the creation of the character Lucifer Morningstar, modeled after Lucifer or Satan the Christianity Devil).

Maybe the scriptural harlot can be a mad female scientist with specially designed metallic spiraling under-support to enable her to move around and whip like an electric-eel and seem like a voodoo mermaid.

View attachment 41149 View attachment 41152 View attachment 41151
he was based on the Green Archer.....with lots of Batman similarities thrown in......

I watch it but am not that thrilled by a hero who spends all his time having flashbacks and screwing everything up.

I don't mind Arrow but I am really enjoying The Flash and Daredevil right now. I got a S.T.A.R. Labs t-shirt for a b-day gift last month. lol.

I don't mind Arrow but I am really enjoying The Flash and Daredevil right now. I got a S.T.A.R. Labs t-shirt for a b-day gift last month. lol.
now they are going to have to find another wealthy scientist to run and fund the place....my guess will be Ray Palmer......maybe they can straighten up his origin....

Adversary Abacus

he was based on the Green Archer.....with lots of Batman similarities thrown in......
Shame the Millennial writers did such a bad job with the series. Fortunately most of the viewers are Millennials who can't recognize quality.

Adversary Abacus

Shame the Millennial writers did such a bad job with the series. Fortunately most of the viewers are Millennials who can't recognize quality.
maybe because the older fuckers have retired or died....was it that hard to figure out?....

Forum List

Back