The Arkansas Project, Birthers, and Dirty Tricks...

geauxtohell

Choose your weapon.
Jun 27, 2009
Out here in the middle.
As has long been contended by the members of this board, this issue isn't about the Birth Certificate. After Obama released his "long form birth certificate", the issue has persisted - even though for years the claim was that "we will go away after we see the long form BC".

There are several reasons for this. First, the birther "foot soldiers" are complete morons and aren't interested in the truth. However, I view birtherdom as a place that is primarily filled with two types of people. There are the rank and file birther "foot soldiers" who are wild eyed reactionaries who lost whatever mind they had after the 2008 election and are very prone to suggestion (provided it fits their preconceived notions) and then there are the Generals, the operatives, who exist to stir these people up. As evidence of this, we have to take a trip down memory lane.

When Clinton was first elected, small echos came out of the state of Arkansas about various conspiracy theories. These theories varied from the absurd claims that Clinton was running Cocaine out of Mena, Arkansas to the more legitimate "Whitewater Scandal" and eventually were expanded to include the death of Vince Foster. At first, these nut ball theories were on the fringe of society (and then AM news band), but "if you repeat a lie enough times"...... Soon they were national news items (well, some of them, Mena never really caught on).

Now, years later, we know the "Arkansas Project":

Arkansas Project - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

was funded by Richard Mellon Scaife. While many people were involved in this orchestrated and funded smear campaign (to include, allegedly, Ted Olsen) two "veterans" of this are relevant today: Christopher Ruddy, a freelance journalist for one of Sciafe's papers who did most of the "journalistic" work, and Joseph Farah, who paid to have Ruddy's hit-pieces put into the Washington Times as advertisements. It's debatable if the "Arkansas Project" was successful or not. Clinton was re-elected. However, I believe the same template is being used today on the "birth certificate" issue.

In the late 90's, with funding from Scaife, Ruddy went on to fund Newsmax and Farah went on to fund World Net Daily, which currently employs Corsi who is well known to us all.

My belief is that WND's only interest in the BC issue is simply to cast doubt's on Obama's citizenship to create problems for the 2012 election. This is why they have a long track record of dishonesty over the matter. While this all sounds conspiratorial, it is in fact the opposite: it's politics as usual. They are running a smear campaign with the best thing they have: That Obama looks different and has a different background than most Americans. Their intent is not to win a court case, it's to cost Obama enough votes in 2012 to sway the election. I also would venture that there is some serious money behind their ventures (though perhaps not Scaife). In this light, the "foot soldiers" are considered expendable losses in their efforts. People like Taitz can run amok and never really get anywhere. Their existence is only relative to the operatives to keep this issue in the headlines and create further doubt about the legitimacy of Obama's citizenship and highlight that "he looks different than us".

In the end, this is about money and power. As it always it.

Anyways, that is my opinion on the matter. I can only speculate at this point. However, the truth always has a way of finding the light.

You can't even get a freaking drivers license in a lot of states with just a copy of a B.C. There is no record of his mother being in a hospital in Hawaii when baby Barry Hussein was born. Maybe the hippie babe gave birth in the jungle. All Barry needs to do is submit the alleged B.C. to document examiners but he won't do it. We knew everything there was to know about Bush's college years but Barry's entire school records are also locked up in a vault and you can bet your ass-ets that there isn't a single alleged investigative reporter in the liberal media who is interested in anything but the next democrat sponsored party.

You can't even get a freaking drivers license in a lot of states with just a copy of a B.C. There is no record of his mother being in a hospital in Hawaii when baby Barry Hussein was born. Maybe the hippie babe gave birth in the jungle. All Barry needs to do is submit the alleged B.C. to document examiners but he won't do it. We knew everything there was to know about Bush's college years but Barry's entire school records are also locked up in a vault and you can bet your ass-ets that there isn't a single alleged investigative reporter in the liberal media who is interested in anything but the next democrat sponsored party.
Yes, hospital records show that Obama was born in Hawaii. And there is no record of his mother travelling ANYWHERE outside the US. I first read, in 2008, Hawaii wans't a state in 1961.

Yes, hospital records show that Obama was born in Hawaii. And there is no record of his mother travelling ANYWHERE outside the US. I first read, in 2008, Hawaii wans't a state in 1961.

Ummm, Hawaii became a state in 1959...

the stopped clock is right!

Yes, and someone against Obama wrote 4 years ago it was not.

The recent Arpiao debacle further demonstrates that the GOP dirty tricks crew is at work. Joey Farah, who runs WND, and his employee, Jerome Corsi have had their fingers in this operation the whole time. Corsi was an investigator for Arpaio's "investigation" and the "findings" (now conveniently for sale on Amazon) are a summary of his "Where Is The Birth Certificate" book/dreck.

Corsi also wrote a book about John Kerry for the Swiftboaters. At any rate, the press saw through the act and Farah is none ti happy...

The president’s bogus birth certificate

I could concede that maybe Farah and Corsi are just run of the mill conservatives if they weren't always involved with the most bizarre/tawdry accusations against every Democratic candidate since Clinton. In fact, they never focus on policy issues at all.

I suppose the other option is that they are opportunists that are looking for a buck. However, their past association with Mellon Scaife makes me think this is yet another big money operation.

Forum List

Back