The Arkansas Democratic Party chairman has died from gunshot wounds...

Jeepers

Feb 11, 2008
Charleston SC
Hmm... let me guess the reasons why this guy was shot...

One person was shot Wednesday at the Little Rock headquarters of the Arkansas Democratic Party, police said.

The suspect was shot by police after a chase and later died, police said.

Police block off the streets surrounding the state Democratic Party headquarters Wednesday in Little Rock.

1 of 2 Police would not identify the victim, who is in critical condition at a hospital.

However, statements from the Democratic National Committee and Former President Clinton and Sen. Hillary Clinton indicated that the victim was Arkansas Democratic Party Chairman Bill Gwatney.

The suspect had walked into the downtown headquarters, near the state Capitol building, about 11:50 a.m. and started firing, Little Rock police Lt. Terry Hastings said.

He said one person "working in the office" had been injured, but could not offer a possible motive.

The gunman walked into the office and said he was interested in volunteering, said Sam Higginbotham, a 17-year-old volunteer at the headquarters, The Associated Press reported.

"He said he was interested in volunteering, but that was obviously a lie," Higginbotham said, The AP reported.

He said the man pushed his way past an employee to reach Chairman Bill Gwatney's office, according to the AP.

A woman in a nearby business told KTHV that Gwatney's assistant came in and asked her to call police. Watch witnesses describe the incident »

"I thought maybe someone had gotten hit by a car," said Sarah Lee, who works at a florist's shop. "She was just shaking really bad." But then the woman said that Gwatney had been shot and that three shots had been fired, Lee said.

"She said she was waiting on the gentleman. He wanted to see the chairman. She tried to give him Democratic party stuff," Lee told KTHV. "Evidently, he walked on around her and went in the office and started shooting."
One dies after shooting at Arkansas Democratic Party headquarters - CNN.com

What's your guess for the reason?

It's not a good day for Arkansas. My hometown made the news for being on lockdown for gun violence for a week, now this.

I liked Gwatney. I had heard him speak a few times, and he was a good man. He'll be missed.

What's your guess for the reason?

It's not a good day for Arkansas. My hometown made the news for being on lockdown for gun violence for a week, now this.

I liked Gwatney. I had heard him speak a few times, and he was a good man. He'll be missed.

Oh, I dunno, Its every conservatives moral imperative to rid this nation of liberals... Though I, say this in jest, sadly I fear there is truth behind this action..

Oh, I dunno, Its every conservatives moral imperative to rid this nation of liberals... Though I, say this in jest, sadly I fear there is truth behind this action..

Bullshit. The guy that shot him was a loon or had a personal grudge. But this is to be expected when the games are played as they currently are. The crazies on both side see no other solution as both sides ratchet up the name calling and attempt to paint each other as the biggest crooks in the Country.

Remind me how Bush and Company are gonna get arrested after leaving office cause your side wants revenge.

It would be odd to have another rightwing terrorist attack, so close on the heels of that attack on that liberal Unitarian church.

But, we should wait until the fact are in. Maybe there was some other motivation.

Let's not jump to conclusions, like Cons do: WMD in Iraq, Hillary Clinton murdered Vince Foster, Iran has nuclear weapons, etc.

Bullshit. Conservatives don't have to want to rid the nation of liberals simply for disagreeing with liberal ideology. You see any conservatives from this board condoning this? I consider it the act of a completely unhinged moron of which neither side can claim they have none, nor a monopoly.

Oh, and liberals resort to violence WAY more often than conservatives.

The man told another employee in the office that he "lost his job."

I think he probably worked at one of Gwatney's three car dealerships in the area. It would seem odd for him to go after Gwatney if he had lost his job due to a government sanction; he would more likely go after Democratic Governor Mike Beebe.

I think we'll find that this was not at all politically fueled.

Bullshit. Conservatives don't have to want to rid the nation of liberals simply for disagreeing with liberal ideology. You see any conservatives from this board condoning this? I consider it the act of a completely unhinged moron of which neither side can claim they have none, nor a monopoly.

Oh, and liberals resort to violence WAY more often than conservatives.

is there any evidence for how often either side resorts to violence? its an interesting concept, which is why i ask

is there any evidence for how often either side resorts to violence? its an interesting concept, which is why i ask

The pro gun guy says liberals resort to violence more often.

Too funny!

Just the obvious. Which side of the political spectrum has held protests that have turned violent compared to the other side that rarely holds protests at all?

Political ideology alone dictates the results. Protesting the status quo is not conservative, since conservatism supports the status quo. Liberalism is on a continual mission to push whatever line is presented before them, and their favorite means is protest.

I'm not saying ALL liberal protests end in violence. But enough have to be noticeable. Can you name one conservative protest? Much less one that turned violent?

The pro gun guy says liberals resort to violence more often.

Too funny!

Another one of your stupid strawman arguments. Supporting the Second Amendment Right to keep and bear arms in NO WAY has anything to do with violence.

Why don't you just shut up while you're 0-2? Or is it your plan to get owned all over this board tonight?

Another one of your stupid strawman arguments. Supporting the Second Amendment Right to keep and bear arms in NO WAY has anything to do with violence.

Why don't you just shut up while you're 0-2? Or is it your plan to get owned all over this board tonight?

Why don't you go play with your guns and complain about how violent liberals are?

Why don't you go play with your guns and complain about how violent liberals are?

I don't play with guns. Nor have I complained about how violent liberals are. I made a statement, simple as that.

I have no doubt that's what YOU see, but then, you're just another blind, partisan hack with a whining problem.

I don't play with guns. Nor have I complained about how violent liberals are. I made a statement, simple as that.

I have no doubt that's what YOU see, but then, you're just another blind, partisan hack with a whining problem.

You made a statement that liberals resort to violence more than conservatives.

What is your evidence of this?

Here's an example of lefty violence...

Radical Environmentalist Group suspected in San Diego Arson
The Earth Liberation Front (ELF), the most active radical environmentalist group in the United States, is suspected of burning down a housing complex under construction in San Diego, California, on August 1, 2003. If true, it will be the most costly ecoterrorist attack ever in the U.S.

The blaze, which officials estimate caused around $50 million in damage, destroyed a five-story building and brought down a 100-foot-high crane. The heat from the fire was so severe that window blinds melted in apartments 500 feet away. About 400 residents were evacuated from nearby apartment buildings.

Twenty law enforcement agencies are investigating the arson, including the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Captain Jeff Carle, spokesman for the San Diego Metro Arson Strike Team, said the fire was not an accident. "Someone, some persons came onto this site and set a fire with the intent to burn it to the ground," Carle said.

A 12-foot banner reading "If you build it, we will burn it," along with the initials ELF, was found at the scene. The San Diego Union-Tribune also reported receiving an e-mail from the group saying the banner "is a legitimate claim of responsibility by the Earth Liberation Front."

ELF cells have claimed responsibility for burning several luxury homes and housing developments across the county in recent months. On June 3, 2003, a fire was set at the Sterling Oaks Development in Chico, California. Graffiti reading "Save Our Bio Region ELF" was left at the scene.

On June 4, two houses under construction were burned in Washington Township, Michigan. Graffiti spray-painted on nearby construction equipment read "ELF" and "stop sprawl." On March 21, 2003, two homes under construction were set on fire in Washtenaw County's Superior Township near Ann Arbor, Michigan. The garage door of a nearby house was vandalized with spray paint reading, "ELF, no sprawl."

ELF has claimed responsibility for actions against what they perceive as the evils of urban sprawl for several years. In December 2000, ELF set fire to a condominium under construction in Long Island, New York. ELF said the homes were "future dens of the wealthy elite" and announced "an unbounded war on urban sprawl."

I gave my example. It's obvious, common knowledge that's been repeated on the nightly news from the late 60s to date. You want to tapdance around that, knock yourself out.

Perhaps you should reconsider your assumed moral and intellectual superiority; especially, the latter. You aren't even half a challenge.

Here's an example of lefty violence...

Radical Environmentalist Group suspected in San Diego Arson
The Earth Liberation Front (ELF), the most active radical environmentalist group in the United States, is suspected of burning down a housing complex under construction in San Diego, California, on August 1, 2003. If true, it will be the most costly ecoterrorist attack ever in the U.S.

The blaze, which officials estimate caused around $50 million in damage, destroyed a five-story building and brought down a 100-foot-high crane. The heat from the fire was so severe that window blinds melted in apartments 500 feet away. About 400 residents were evacuated from nearby apartment buildings.

Twenty law enforcement agencies are investigating the arson, including the FBI and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Captain Jeff Carle, spokesman for the San Diego Metro Arson Strike Team, said the fire was not an accident. "Someone, some persons came onto this site and set a fire with the intent to burn it to the ground," Carle said.

A 12-foot banner reading "If you build it, we will burn it," along with the initials ELF, was found at the scene. The San Diego Union-Tribune also reported receiving an e-mail from the group saying the banner "is a legitimate claim of responsibility by the Earth Liberation Front."

ELF cells have claimed responsibility for burning several luxury homes and housing developments across the county in recent months. On June 3, 2003, a fire was set at the Sterling Oaks Development in Chico, California. Graffiti reading "Save Our Bio Region ELF" was left at the scene.

On June 4, two houses under construction were burned in Washington Township, Michigan. Graffiti spray-painted on nearby construction equipment read "ELF" and "stop sprawl." On March 21, 2003, two homes under construction were set on fire in Washtenaw County's Superior Township near Ann Arbor, Michigan. The garage door of a nearby house was vandalized with spray paint reading, "ELF, no sprawl."

ELF has claimed responsibility for actions against what they perceive as the evils of urban sprawl for several years. In December 2000, ELF set fire to a condominium under construction in Long Island, New York. ELF said the homes were "future dens of the wealthy elite" and announced "an unbounded war on urban sprawl."

AHAHAHA! ELF. Sorry, I guess it's not "funny", but man... that's hilarious. The evil eco-terrorists. I always thought that was a joke.

Can you name one conservative protest? Much less one that turned violent?

yeah I can....the Chicago Democratic National Convention.

The offical government study by the former government of Pennnsylvania (Stanton? Can't remember his name, can't find it on Google either) termed the violence "A police riot".

"No fair, editec." you think?

The police weren't protesting.

No?

What were they doing, then?

Certainly they weren't keeping the peace.

the people weren't rioting, the people didn't start clubbing people, the cops did.

Why?

Because Richard Daily told them to, that's why.

That was Daily's way of protesting against the youth movement that was taking over the Democratic party at the time.

So there you go...a right wingers' protest that turned into a police riot.

Forum List

Back