The Ark of the Covenent

Richard-H

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2008
I have a theory of where the Ark of the Covenent is. In fact I think it's rather obvious. It's hidden right under the noses of a whole lot of people who walk in circles around it guarding it without even knowing what it is that they are guarding:

First, if you were a Jewish high priest at the time on the Babylonian seize of Jerusalem what would you do?

Let see, you could hid the Ark in the Temple...knowing that the Babylonian army was going to rip the Temple apart looking for it (which is what they apparently did) OR

You could sneak it out of Jerusalem thru the vast maze of tunnels that run under the city and hide it somewhere.

Where would you go with it? You could sent a detachement of 40 or 50 armed Priests to guard it, but where would you bring it?

Let's see, if you went east you'd run into the Babylonians, if you went North you'd run into the Assyrains, if you went southwest you'd run into the Egyptians. All of which would would be very curious about a caravan 40-50 Jewish priests going thru their territory and all of which had large armies that could confiscate it and give it as a prize to their King.

Where else could you go? South into the Arabian desert where there where no major civilzations or armies and where 40-50 Priests would be a considerable force to have to deal with.

Now, where did the Hodge come from? Mohammud? No. The hodge was a pre-Islamic religious custom that went on for as long as anyone knows. Pagan Arabs traveled to Mecca to walk around that building for reasons that know one knows.

When Mohammud conquoered Mecca, why didn't he put an end to the Hodge - a pagan custom? Possibly because the Hodge was, like the religion that he created, based on Judaism. Which BTW begs another question - how did Mohammud, raised as a Pagan, know so much about Judaism? Possibly because their was a large Jewish population in Mecca.

So, according to my theory, The Jewish Priests brought the Ark of the Covenant to Mecca, and rather than building a huge temple to house it, they built a small building to house it - so as not to draw attention.

Next, they posted unarmed guards around it - who walked around it guarding it, but would not say why. Meccans out of curiousity started joining the Jewish guards. Soon it became a Meccan cultural ritual, then a religiuos ritual. Word spread throughout the the Arabic world and people started coming from all over to walk around this building - a myth began that it was the house of the Gods.

The Mohammud took over. No longer was it to be considered the house of the gods. But, the Hodge was continued - Mohammud, of course, did know what was in it.

And so the Hodge continues today. Muslims from all over the world are required to walk in circles around this pre-Islamic building, according to a pre-Islamic religious ritual, not knowing what is in the building or why they have to do their duty of walking around it.

Last edited:
I have a theory of where the Ark of the Covenent is. In fact I think it's rather obvious. It's hidden right under the noses of a whole lot of people who walk in circles around it guarding it without even knowing what it is that they are guarding:

First, if you were a Jewish high priest at the time on the Babylonian seize of Jerusalem what would you do?

Let see, you could hid the Ark in the Temple...knowing that the Babylonian army was going to rip the Temple apart looking for it (which is what they apparently did) OR

You could sneak it out of Jerusalem thru the vast maze of tunnels that run under the city and hide it somewhere.

Where would you go with it? You could sent a detachement of 40 or 50 armed Priests to guard it, but where would you bring it?

Let's see, if you went east you'd run into the Babylonians, if you went North you'd run into the Assyrains, if you went southwest you'd run into the Egyptians. All of which would would be very curious about a caravan 40-50 Jewish priests going thru their territory and all of which had large armies that could confiscate it and give it as a prize to their King.

Where else could you go? South into the Arabian desert where there where no major civilzations or armies and where 40-50 Priests would be a considerable force to have to deal with.

Now, where did the Hodge come from? Mohammud? No. The hodge was a pre-Islamic religious custom that went on for as long as anyone knows. Pagan Arabs traveled to Mecca to walk around that building for reasons that know one knows.

When Mohammud conquoered Mecca, why didn't he put an end to the Hodge - a pagan custom? Possibly because the Hodge was, like the religion that he created, based on Judaism. Which BTW begs another question - how did Mohammud, raised as a Pagan, know so much about Judaism? Possibly because their was a large Jewish population in Mecca.

So, according to my theory, The Jewish Priests brought the Ark of the Covenant to Mecca, and rather than building a huge temple to house it, they built a small building to house it - so as not to draw attention.

Next, they posted unarmed guards around it - who walked around it guarding it, but would not say why. Meccans out of curiousity started joining the Jewish guards. Soon it became a Meccan cultural ritual, then a religiuos ritual. Word spread throughout the the Arabic world and people started coming from all over to walk around this building - a myth began that it was the house of the Gods.

The Mohammud took over. No longer was it to be considered the house of the gods. But, the Hodge was continued - Mohammud, of course, did know what was in it.

And so the Hodge continues today. Muslims from all over the world are required to walk in circles around this pre-Islamic building, according to a pre-Islamic religious ritual, not knowing what is in the building or why they have to do their duty of walking around it.

Everyone knows the Ark is in a warehouse in Area 51 being examined by "top men" after Indiana Jones stole it from the Nazis.

J/K.

Interesting post.

Nice theory but incorrect.

When Muhammad captured Mecca he cleaned out the 360 idols that were in the Kabba.

The Kabba has remained empty since that time.

Here is a video showing the inside of the Kabba during it's annual inspection and cleaning.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJnOBvNbJ3w]YouTube - Inside the Holy Kabba (Makkah - Saudi Arabia)[/ame]

some say it is in Ethiopia...alot of circumstantial proof that it is still there has come to the forefront...

I saw a program on the History channel recently that said it was probably here, in the USA and that the Templar's aka Mason's aka free masons of Scottish descent brought it here for safety....oops, that was the holy grail, not the ark...

It always makes me laugh when I see Christians running all over the world looking for the Ark of the Covenent.

When all they have to do is open up their Bible to discover it's location.

Revelation 11:19 "And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the Ark of his Covenent", and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

It always makes me laugh when I see Christians running all over the world looking for the Ark of the Covenent.

Revelation 11:19 "And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the Ark of his Covenent", and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

Do you laugh when nonChristians run around looking for the Ark of the Covenant?

It is not a Christian thing, actually. The Ark of the Covenant has no spiritual value to the Christian. It is more a curiosity thing, for all kinds of people. The same is true of Noah's Ark, and any other historical object. They have no "spiritual" value. They may have historical value though, to anyone and everyone.

So, don't laugh, Christians don't have any other motives than nonChristians do for the searches.

it's a confusing verse Sunni....When John "saw this" in his vision...........were there earthquakes and lightening and thunderings in Heaven? Was this a figure of speech? or symbolism? Is Heaven here on Earth only in another "dimension"? :confused:

it's a confusing verse Sunni....When John "saw this" in his vision...........were there earthquakes and lightening and thunderings in Heaven? Was this a figure of speech? or symbolism? Is Heaven here on Earth only in another "dimension"? :confused:

Heaven is separate from Earth. Heaven is for non corporeal entities. No one that is of the flesh has ever ascended to heaven in the flesh. And only one person has ever been born on earth that has ever ascended to Heaven, Jesus Christ.

After the Reckoning the 144000 will ascend and help Jesus Rule a restored Earth with the remaining people in Fleshly form. There will be no sickness or disease and the Earth will be a paradise.

When Muhammad captured Mecca he cleaned out the 360 idols that were in the Kabba.

Here is a video showing the inside of the Kabba during it's annual inspection and cleaning.

So then why did Muslim people continue the Hodge? Why is a former pagan temple considered to be a holy place?

So then why did Muslim people continue the Hodge? Why is a former pagan temple considered to be a holy place?
It was never a pagan temple.

The Qur'an has several verses talking about the Kabba and who built it.

[Quran; 2:125] We have rendered the shrine (the Kabba) a focal point for the people, and a safe sanctuary. You may use Abraham's shrine as a prayer house. We commissioned Abraham and Ismaiel: "You shall purify My house for those who visit, those who live there, and those who bow and prostrate."

It was originally built by Abraham and his son Ishmael for an altar.

The were the first ones to circle the Kabba and institute the annual Hajj

Even the Bible in the O.T. mentions the valley of Bakka (ancient name of Mecca) and Abraham with Ishmael.

Last edited:
it would be very interesting if the ark were found. I look forward to that day for pure scientific inquiry alone.

as one deeply involved in antiquity for years i applaud your sense of direction...yes....there was only one way out from the Temple.....

the Hajj in Meccah was long ongoing before the attacks on the tribes of Israel, Abraham passed through the areaa and much is made of his visit and the well known as Zamzam. the house that you refer to is an 11th century addition so that doesnt help. yet if not by land then by sea. consider the documentation found in what is now Ethiopia and Rome that speaks to the visit of Bilquis, Queen of Sheba, her intimate relationship with King Solomon, and her fleet of 400 ships.....Axum, her capitol would be a prime suspect for sorting out the suspected locations of the Ark. I have driven last week through the vehicular tunnel that runs under the House of Abraham and doubt that any part of Meccah has not been disturbed by expansion necessary for the Hajj pilgrimage that grows each year in size

the house anyway is not the house you see...the semi-circle of stones covered now with marble is most likely the 'house' or actually second house of Abraham, a lean to of sorts.

if you wish to continue your thinking, think past Meccah and down to the Mahrib Dam area of what is now Yemen where a hajj was born beyond time known an was larger than any hajj for centuries, here you may find some logic since no records exist to indicate why people came to this spot at all and there is today an altar, thought to be Christian yet pre-dates Christian cum Jewish styles of altars as we know them, it would also be a logical destination and would indeed explain the large Jewish population that once lived in Yemen....and the reason for worship of an otherwise unlikely spot

It's Hajj, not Hodge. If you don't know that, then you don't know shit about Muslims.

hodge.jpg

Forum List

Back