The argument is not just about slavery

If we eliminated race from these solutions, we would go back to the 50's and before.

That's a most puzzling statement. Eliminating race (racism) from all kinds of decisions detrimentally affecting blacks would throw blacks right back to the 50s, when overt and brazen racism overtly guided all these decisions?

I don't believe that's true.

I didn't (mean to) say, everything would be solved the first day, but things certainly would even out over time.

Race neutral solutions cannot solve problems created by race based policies. If we eliminated race as an issue tomorrow whites would continue to gain while others lose because of the advantages whites were provided based on race. Those advantages will not be erased by eliminating race to solve the problem.

Again, there are fields blacks have been excluded from until recent years. So if jobs become available in those fields, who is going to get the jobs based on experience? Whites. Not because they are necessarily the most qualified, but because the exclusion of blacks creates a less experienced pool of black job applicants. So if you don't have to consider that exclusion, we go backwards.
Your argument is easily defeated. If whites are so racist why have Asians done so well? On average, they do better than whites. Many Asians are new to the country or first generation, yet succeed.

Asians are not doing well. And if Asians are in their first generation, they did not suffer the generational economic terrorism blacks have.

toolfreak,

The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism.

Let me show you an example.

If you understood psychology you'd understand that those two blacks you used in your youtube video have internalized racism. This is a coping strategy. So their very opinion has it's root in white racism.

So when you can show me any law or policy made by blacks that purposefully denied whites of equal opportunity, then you and I can discuss white racism. But I will not be considering the defensive reaction to continuing white racism by blacks as racism.

WRONG.

The only problem blacks face is you and the prison of your own mind.

View attachment 274658

Turn black and come tell me that.

So you think your whole life revolves around the degree of suntan you have. :auiqs.jpg:

Why are you oppressed but this man gets ahead?

View attachment 274668

Maybe he just ain't lazy.

That brown man faces the same racism I do.

We've been waiting for whites to do this for 243 years and the only reason there has been any gains is because of current policies and that still has not stopped anything.

I agree, and the reason is that there was just a change in (some) policies, either directly through laws (Voting Rights Act) or imposed by law (such as the prohibition of overt racism in hiring decisions), not the underlying racism itself, which is seeping through every crack and crevice of current-day regulations. I am also not sure whites have to lose anything. Blacks not being discriminated against and disadvantaged every step of their lives would unleash many blacks' true potential. That should help, I imagine. But then, that's just a dream. Looking around on here is a harsh way to wake up.

toolfreak,

If you understood psychology you'd understand that those two blacks you used in your youtube video have internalized racism. This is a coping strategy. So their very opinion has it's root in white racism.

So when you can show me any law or policy made by blacks that purposefully denied whites of equal opportunity, then you and I can discuss white racism. But I will not be considering the defensive reaction to continuing white racism by blacks as racism.

WRONG.

View attachment 274658

So you think your whole life revolves around the degree of suntan you have. :auiqs.jpg:

View attachment 274668

How can someone talk about "facing" racism all day long when all you do is see, think and present racism to others at every turn? You've painted yourself a victim so much that you waste all your time here as if there was nothing else in your life than telling threads to people who have no say nor control in the attitudes nor trends of society. Not a single one of your threads will serve to change a thing.

You are so smart you utterly fail to realize things today are the best they've ever been in the best society on the planet. Everyone suffers injustice of one kind or other, you are no better nor worse. Things will change as nature dictates in their own time and not one minute sooner nor later and certainly not because of your rantings. Society evolves at whatever rate it is prepared to do, and if you had any brains at all, you'd realize that all your talk of "injustices" and reparations only impedes your progress rather than further it by keeping everyone around you in polarity.

Until you learn to stop thinking in polar opposites, you will find yourself forever trapped in opposition to others and their opposing you.

If we eliminated race from these solutions, we would go back to the 50's and before.

That's a most puzzling statement. Eliminating race (racism) from all kinds of decisions detrimentally affecting blacks would throw blacks right back to the 50s, when overt and brazen racism overtly guided all these decisions?

I didn't (mean to) say, everything would be solved the first day, but things certainly would even out over time.

Race neutral solutions cannot solve problems created by race based policies. If we eliminated race as an issue tomorrow whites would continue to gain while others lose because of the advantages whites were provided based on race. Those advantages will not be erased by eliminating race to solve the problem.

Again, there are fields blacks have been excluded from until recent years. So if jobs become available in those fields, who is going to get the jobs based on experience? Whites. Not because they are necessarily the most qualified, but because the exclusion of blacks creates a less experienced pool of black job applicants. So if you don't have to consider that exclusion, we go backwards.
Your argument is easily defeated. If whites are so racist why have Asians done so well? On average, they do better than whites. Many Asians are new to the country or first generation, yet succeed.

Asians are not doing well. And if Asians are in their first generation, they did not suffer the generational economic terrorism blacks have.
Good God you are terribly uninformed.

Asian Americans are the highest-income, best-educated and fastest-growing racial group in the U.S, with Asians now making up the largest share of recent immigrants. A Pew Research survey finds Asian Americans are more satisfied than the general public with their lives, finances and the direction of the country, and they place a greater value on marriage, parenthood, hard work and career success.

Compared with the general public, Asian Americans stand out for their success in education and career. Most also believe that the U.S. offers more opportunities and freedoms than their countries of origin. A large majority of Asian Americans believe that hard work pays off and most place a strong emphasis on higher education, career and family. In fact, a striking number of recent Asian immigrants hold college degrees. By their own accounts, many say their parents put too much pressure on their children to succeed.
Asian Americans

toolfreak,

WRONG.

View attachment 274658

View attachment 274668

How can someone talk about "facing" racism all day long when all you do is see, think and present racism to others at every turn? You've painted yourself a victim so much that you waste all your time here as if there was nothing else in your life than telling threads to people who have no say nor control in the attitudes nor trends of society. Not a single one of your threads will serve to change a thing.

You are so smart you utterly fail to realize things today are the best they've ever been in the best society on the planet. Everyone suffers injustice of one kind or other, you are no better nor worse. Things will change as nature dictates in their own time and not one minute sooner nor later and certainly not because of your rantings. Society evolves at whatever rate it is prepared to do, and if you had any brains at all, you'd realize that all your talk of "injustices" and reparations only impedes your progress rather than further it by keeping everyone around you in polarity.

Until you learn to stop thinking in polar opposites, you will find yourself forever trapped in opposition to others and their opposing you.
He’s stuck on stupid.

Your concern for IM2's life is touching.

Other than that, how can anyone regularly show up on a thread about racism who isn't even prepared to admit it exists AND to condemn it in no uncertain terms?

And no, societies do not evolve "as nature dictates". They evolve as smart (wo)men find they should, provided they find support for such development, either in legislatures or in society as a whole. That's why public arguing about racism is crucial. That's how change is sparked, information disseminated, seeds planted. Provided, again, the seeds find fertile soil. IM2 does a yeoman's job on that, that remains so even though the desiccated, mostly rightarded geezers on here mostly have shit in their eyes and ears.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2

Other than that, how can anyone regularly show up on a thread about racism who isn't even prepared to admit it exists AND to condemn it in no uncertain terms?

And no, societies do not evolve "as nature dictates". They evolve as smart (wo)men find they should, provided they find support for such development, either in legislatures or in society as a whole. That's why public arguing about racism is crucial. That's how change is sparked, information disseminated, seeds planted. Provided, again, the seeds find fertile soil. IM2 does a yeoman's job on that, that remains so even though the desiccated, mostly rightarded geezers on here mostly have shit in their eyes and ears.

IM2 is one of the biggest racists on this site.

Nothing is more divisive and poisonous than the constant false accusations of racism from him and people like him.

If you support him, you are supporting tearing this nation apart and ever increasing racial tension.

Nothing is more divisive and poisonous than the constant false accusations of racism from him and people like him.

If you support him, you are supporting tearing this nation apart and ever increasing racial tension.
I tend to agree with you. Many Americans are told things about our nation’s history that are very negative. Many of these things are true. However why are they not also told about the good things? Every great nation throughout history has much to atone for, but few have done more for more people than the USA.

White racists here are very good at instructing us as to the percentage of blacks in the population. And they reach hard to extrapolate exaggerated number about crime, often conflating murder with total crime. But somehow and really it's done on purpose because we are dealing with racists, are other important statistical data discussed. And when one knows and considers that data in arguments with people that apparently don't know it, those who are ignorant of the data want to tell us who know the data how wrong we are.

Blacks are 13 percent of the American population but have 2.6 percent of the wealth. This did not happen because of laziness. Indeed, the historical records shows that blacks have consistently worked as hard or harder than whites and for far less money, including over 230 years for free. Equality in a capitalist system means we have 13 percent of the wealth. We have 1/5 the wealth we should have in proportion to our population.

This root cause of this situation is white racism.

I tend to agree with you. Many Americans are told things about our nation’s history that are very negative. Many of these things are true. However why are they not also told about the good things? Every great nation throughout history has much to atone for, but few have done more for more people than the USA.

We all have been taught the good and bad. There is nothing racist or divisive about me. Unless you think a system based on white preference is normal.

show up on a thread about racism who isn't even prepared to admit it exists
Racism is alive and well, and IM2 is living proof of it. And it will never die so long as people continue to hold it between themselves rather than put it into the past and move on.

And no, societies do not evolve "as nature dictates". They evolve as smart (wo)men find they should, provided they find support for such development, either in legislatures or in society as a whole. That's why public arguing about racism is crucial.
Quaint theory but no. All the discussion and legislation in the world cannot change how people really think and feel. Thanks to the black activists and race baiters out there, I see more racial tension in many today than I did in the 1960s, and all of it coming from Blacks.

There is nothing racist or divisive about me.

giphy-4.gif

show up on a thread about racism who isn't even prepared to admit it exists
Racism is alive and well, and IM2 is living proof of it. And it will never die so long as people continue to hold it between themselves rather than put it into the past and move on.

And no, societies do not evolve "as nature dictates". They evolve as smart (wo)men find they should, provided they find support for such development, either in legislatures or in society as a whole. That's why public arguing about racism is crucial.
Quaint theory but no. All the discussion and legislation in the world cannot change how people really think and feel. Thanks to the black activists and race baiters out there, I see more racial tension in many today than I did in the 1960s, and all of it coming from Blacks.

You can't provide evidence of racism on my part. And I can for you. The racial tension has never left and it's because whites like you still exist.

We've been waiting for whites to do this for 243 years and the only reason there has been any gains is because of current policies and that still has not stopped anything.

I agree, and the reason is that there was just a change in (some) policies, either directly through laws (Voting Rights Act) or imposed by law (such as the prohibition of overt racism in hiring decisions), not the underlying racism itself, which is seeping through every crack and crevice of current-day regulations. I am also not sure whites have to lose anything. Blacks not being discriminated against and disadvantaged every step of their lives would unleash many blacks' true potential. That should help, I imagine. But then, that's just a dream. Looking around on here is a harsh way to wake up.
I agree, and your last line is sad but true.

toolfreak,

WRONG.

View attachment 274658

View attachment 274668

There is no such thing as an acceptable level of racism. I don't listen to racists telling me that solutions to racism are going to impede our progress. Things are better is not good enough when you are the side consistently getting fucked. It's easy for your punk ass to sit behind a computer talking about how much better things are, but better is only good enough when racism is eliminated.

Good God you are terribly uninformed.

Asian Americans are the highest-income, best-educated and fastest-growing racial group in the U.S, with Asians now making up the largest share of recent immigrants. A Pew Research survey finds Asian Americans are more satisfied than the general public with their lives, finances and the direction of the country, and they place a greater value on marriage, parenthood, hard work and career success.

Compared with the general public, Asian Americans stand out for their success in education and career. Most also believe that the U.S. offers more opportunities and freedoms than their countries of origin. A large majority of Asian Americans believe that hard work pays off and most place a strong emphasis on higher education, career and family. In fact, a striking number of recent Asian immigrants hold college degrees. By their own accounts, many say their parents put too much pressure on their children to succeed.
Asian Americans

No, I really am not.

The 'model minority' myth: Why Asian-American poverty goes unseen

Asian-Americans are one of the fastest growing groups in the country and will be the largest immigrant group in the U.S. by 2065, according to a recent Pew Research Center report. They are also widely described as being more educated and better off than the average American. In a recent column, The New York Times' Nicholas Kristof celebrated the hard work and strong families behind the overwhelming success of Asian-Americans. He called it “The Asian Advantage.”

The "model minority" myth presents an image of successful Asian-Americans that leaves little room for the 2 million Asian-Americans living in poverty. They include Indian, Pakistani and Bangladeshi populations like those in Ahmed’s Queens. They also include Cambodian, Hmong and Laotian communities, which tend to experience more poverty than other Asian-American groups.

"There’s a presumption that all [Asian-Americans and Pacific Islanders] are rich and educated," said Josh Ishimatsu, director of research and capacity building at the National Coalition for Asian Pacific American Community Development. "The people who are not don’t have much in the way of services available — they’re just not known or seen."

The federal government has been calculating the official poverty rate in the same way since the 1960s. As the country and economy have grown, experts say the methodology has not been adjusted to reflect a different standard of living for all Americans. While the Census Bureau does offer a supplemental poverty index, some experts have also developed their own ways to measure poverty.

New York is the only major city to create its own poverty standard measure, which accounts for factors like the cost of housing and whether residents receive non-cash public assistance, like tax credits for lower-income people. They found that, in New York, the Asian population had the highest poverty rate out of all groups in the city at 25.9% in 2013, though the Hispanic population was not far behind at 25.8%.

In Wisconsin and California, independent researchers have also developed their own ways to measure poverty in their states.

According to the revised poverty measure used by researchers in California, the Asian-American poverty rate was 18.4%, in contrast with the federal level of 16% for the state. That brought the Asian population’s poverty rate more in line with the black poverty rate, which under the revised measure stood at 20.8%.

The 'model minority' myth: Why Asian-American poverty goes unseen

White racists here are very good at instructing us as to the percentage of blacks in the population. And they reach hard to extrapolate exaggerated number about crime, often conflating murder with total crime. But somehow and really it's done on purpose because we are dealing with racists, are other important statistical data discussed. And when one knows and considers that data in arguments with people that apparently don't know it, those who are ignorant of the data want to tell us who know the data how wrong we are.

Blacks are 13 percent of the American population but have 2.6 percent of the wealth. This did not happen because of laziness. Indeed, the historical records shows that blacks have consistently worked as hard or harder than whites and for far less money, including over 230 years for free. Equality in a capitalist system means we have 13 percent of the wealth. We have 1/5 the wealth we should have in proportion to our population.

There are people in our nation that spend money faster then they receive it. And African Americans are good at that also. There are things to take into consideration. The population percentage also is massive single parenting. That is not conducive to saving for building of wealth. We can improve things if we force it. Would you go for that? For all schools as an example. Schools in all neighborhoods take not chitt. No social justice princesses. No protesting. Wear approved clothing. And education is forced and the best courses for success. A percentage of teachers will have defense abilities and a police officer or two will be armed. Troublemakers will be thrown out. I guarantee you this will improve the students in our schools. But some will be on the wayside. At least at the start. So math,science and business courses becomes the majors. Trade schools also are important. Together we can climb that mountain with discipline and taking no shit. This would be the quick route of getting things done. And it would help other groups also.

There are people in our nation that spend money faster then they receive it. And African Americans are good at that also. There are things to take into consideration. The population percentage also is massive single parenting. That is not conducive to saving for building of wealth. We can improve things if we force it. Would you go for that? For all schools as an example. Schools in all neighborhoods take not chitt. No social justice princesses. No protesting. Wear approved clothing. And education is forced and the best courses for success. A percentage of teachers will have defense abilities and a police officer or two will be armed. Troublemakers will be thrown out. I guarantee you this will improve the students in our schools. But some will be on the wayside. At least at the start. So math,science and business courses becomes the majors. Trade schools also are important. Together we can climb that mountain with discipline and taking no shit. This would be the quick route of getting things done. And it would help other groups also.

No, there are not things to take under consideration. Certainly not the things you suggest.

1. I question that 2.6 number. Are you counting corporations as "people" and thus their holdings as part of the per capita calculations?

2. BUT, overall, I accept your point that blacks are poorer. I am happy to discuss, and have many times, the idea that poverty is the cause of crime. I've seen plenty of other conservatives happy to discuss this.

3. More to the point, I am happy to discuss ways of addressing this issue. While you seem to only want to discuss it as A. an excuse for higher crime, while denying higher crime and B. as a club to beat up white people with.

4. And of course, you reveal the base flaw in your world view. You cite a racial difference in outcome, and conclude that the only possible reason is racism. This is obviously not true, and A is just an excuse for your own racism, and b makes peaceful coexistence impossible.

Forum List

Back