The argument is not just about slavery

A vast wealth gap, driven by segregation, redlining, evictions and exclusion, separates black and white America

Bologna, Base-Raiter. Blacks are rich, wealthy, powerful, running corporations, even the country. I mean those who care to get off their ass and make something of themselves rather than playing the victim!

No one disputes that blacks were terribly treated in this country, until recent times. What can we do about it now? Those who espouse reparations haven’t thought such a policy through. Because hasn’t there been reparations since the 1960s?

Some in our society realized back in the 1960s that blacks were not advancing, as other ethnic groups had. So they enacted programs designed to help blacks advance, such as affirmative action. In addition, billions have been transferred to poor blacks in welfare programs. Unfortunately, large segments of black Americans are still languishing in poverty.

Blacks in the inner city not only suffer the effects of poverty, but also crime, drugs, illiteracy, abortion, joblessness, and single parenthood. Many so called experts believe once single parenthood took hold in the black community, that caused the downward spiral.

What’s Holding Black Kids Back?

No, there have not been reparations since the 1960's.

I'm tired of the dumb ass opinions of whites about the problems blacks face. The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism. It's not really even debatable. I am black. I have lived and worked in the black community. I have faced the obstacles racist whites put in the way to try stopping us. You haven't and don't even think they exist.

Nothing you say applies. For example, in those mysterious years before the non existent black single parenthood problem, blacks had a 55 percent rate of poverty. About 20 percent had high school diplomas. These are just two areas, I could continue showing you how everything you say is wrong. Again, nothing you say applies. And an article from cityjournal, a racist publication, is no source to use in discussing these matters.

No one disputes that blacks were terribly treated in this country, until recent times. What can we do about it now? Those who espouse reparations haven’t thought such a policy through. Because hasn’t there been reparations since the 1960s?

Some in our society realized back in the 1960s that blacks were not advancing, as other ethnic groups had. So they enacted programs designed to help blacks advance, such as affirmative action. In addition, billions have been transferred to poor blacks in welfare programs. Unfortunately, large segments of black Americans are still languishing in poverty.

Blacks in the inner city not only suffer the effects of poverty, but also crime, drugs, illiteracy, abortion, joblessness, and single parenthood. Many so called experts believe once single parenthood took hold in the black community, that caused the downward spiral.

I'm tired of the dumb ass opinions of whites about the problems blacks face. The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism. It's not really even debatable. I am black. I have lived and worked in the black community. I have faced the obstacles racist whites put in the way to try stopping us. You haven't and don't even think they exist.

Nothing you say applies. For example, in those mysterious years before the non existent black single parenthood problem, blacks had a 55 percent rate of poverty. About 20 percent had high school diplomas. These are just two areas, I could continue showing you how everything you say is wrong. Again, nothing you say applies. And an article from cityjournal, a racist publication, is no source to use in discussing these matters.

I'm tired of dumbass opinions of blacks on the problems blacks face! The root cause of the problems blacks face is black victimhood and base-raiters like you. It is not even debatable. I'm white, I have lived and worked in all communities with all people. There's nothing out there whites are doing to Blacks, so its either all in their heads or being done to them by their masters at the Democratic Party.

Until 54 years ago, race was a factor in both public and private policy. These policies advanced whites at everyone elses expense. Today we see whites, specifically "conservative" whites, wanting to propose ideas and solutions that do not take race into account. You cannot fix damage caused by race based policies by ignoring race in any solution. Whites can talk all the garbage about what they haven't done but since white racism continues, somebody is still doing it.

I tentatively agree the disparities created by race-based policies probably won't disappear entirely if race isn't part of the solution.

However, if race were simply no longer a factor in hiring decisions, if race suddenly didn't play any role in policing and sentencing, if zip-codes (the current-day replacement for race) did no longer guide where major public infrastructure investments are going, where public transport to the next economic power hub is being made available, if race did no longer pre-determine decisions on loans and mortgages, or on whom to accept in the old-boys networks, the gap would narrow considerably on its own. For the time being, both public and private policy is, somewhat more subtly but still, guided by race, even while they are no longer yelling "N!gger!", and that's why even in a long economic upswing with record-low unemployment, the wealth gap doesn't narrow.

The Birth Defect pervades every aspect of life, from way higher child-birth mortality among blacks to black communities living on super-fund sites. If black intelligence, creativity, and industry were rewarded just as white intelligence, creativity, and industry, I would guess 95% of the problem would be solved, but even that's way, way off.

If we eliminated race from these solutions, we would go back to the 50's and before. Hiring on "merit" provides whites advantage because there are field blacks were excluded from until recent years. So whites would have advantage in experience and number of graduates in that field because of that exclusion. This is what we see in the legal profession and it's a major reason state supreme courts don't have any blacks or people of color.

What you are talking about is valid but it is 50 or 60 years away. At least.

We don't have slavery here. Move to Africa or the middle east where they do have it so you can be the slave you want to be.

We still have slavery cases here in America from Sex Slave Trade to Slave Workers from Asia, Africa and south of the border...

Until 54 years ago, race was a factor in both public and private policy. These policies advanced whites at everyone elses expense. Today we see whites, specifically "conservative" whites, wanting to propose ideas and solutions that do not take race into account. You cannot fix damage caused by race based policies by ignoring race in any solution. Whites can talk all the garbage about what they haven't done but since white racism continues, somebody is still doing it.

I tentatively agree the disparities created by race-based policies probably won't disappear entirely if race isn't part of the solution.

However, if race were simply no longer a factor in hiring decisions, if race suddenly didn't play any role in policing and sentencing, if zip-codes (the current-day replacement for race) did no longer guide where major public infrastructure investments are going, where public transport to the next economic power hub is being made available, if race did no longer pre-determine decisions on loans and mortgages, or on whom to accept in the old-boys networks, the gap would narrow considerably on its own. For the time being, both public and private policy is, somewhat more subtly but still, guided by race, even while they are no longer yelling "N!gger!", and that's why even in a long economic upswing with record-low unemployment, the wealth gap doesn't narrow.

The Birth Defect pervades every aspect of life, from way higher child-birth mortality among blacks to black communities living on super-fund sites. If black intelligence, creativity, and industry were rewarded just as white intelligence, creativity, and industry, I would guess 95% of the problem would be solved, but even that's way, way off.

If we eliminated race from these solutions, we would go back to the 50's and before. Hiring on "merit" provides whites advantage because there are field blacks were excluded from until recent years. So whites would have advantage in experience and number of graduates in that field because of that exclusion.
You have to eliminate race from solutions otherwise they are racist solutions. And the only way to hire people is based on MERIT, otherwise what are your hiring based on, if not QUALIFICATION? If someone is less qualified then they are less qualified. Kind of a good reason to work on getting BETTER qualified.

Either that or just admit you are lesser qualified.

I'm tired of dumbass opinions of blacks on the problems blacks face! The root cause of the problems blacks face is black victimhood and base-raiters like you. It is not even debatable. I'm white, I have lived and worked in all communities with all people. There's nothing out there whites are doing to Blacks, so its either all in their heads or being done to them by their masters at the Democratic Party.

No one gives a fuck what you are tired of little boy. I think we who live in the black community are more qualified to discuss the problem than idiots that search for blacks on youtube with no education telling you what you desperately want to here. The root cause is white racism. There is no such thing as black victimhood and no matter how many tantrums you have what I have said is the way things are.

If we eliminated race from these solutions, we would go back to the 50's and before. Hiring on "merit" provides whites advantage because there are field blacks were excluded from until recent years. So whites would have advantage in experience and number of graduates in that field because of that exclusion.
You have to eliminate race from solutions otherwise they are racist solutions. And the only way to hire people is based on MERIT, otherwise what are your hiring based on, if not QUALIFICATION? If someone is less qualified then they are less qualified. Kind of a good reason to work on getting BETTER qualified.

Either that or just admit you are lesser qualified.

STFU idiot. Whites aren't where they are based on merit. I'm retired. That's why I am here. These are working hours. Why are you here every day during working hours Mr. white electrical engineer?

No one gives a fuck what you are tired of little boy. I think we who live in the black community are more qualified to discuss the problem than idiots that search for blacks on youtube with no education telling you what you desperately want to here. The root cause is white racism. There is no such thing as black victimhood and no matter how many tantrums you have what I have said is the way things are.

Poor little cupcake just can't stand the light of day. The root cause of black misery is OTHER blacks. Quit riding the EXCUSE wagon, son. And my dog has more education than you!

How Black Victimhood is Destroying Young Blacks

It’s Time to Call Out Black Racism

toolfreak,

The root cause of the problems blacks face is white racism.

Let me show you an example.

If you understood psychology you'd understand that those two blacks you used in your youtube video have internalized racism. This is a coping strategy. So their very opinion has it's root in white racism.

So when you can show me any law or policy made by blacks that purposefully denied whites of equal opportunity, then you and I can discuss white racism. But I will not be considering the defensive reaction to continuing white racism by blacks as racism.

toolfreak,

If you understood psychology you'd understand that those two blacks you used in your youtube video have internalized racism. This is a coping strategy. So their very opinion has it's root in white racism.

So when you can show me any law or policy made by blacks that purposefully denied whites of equal opportunity, then you and I can discuss white racism. But I will not be considering the defensive reaction to continuing white racism by blacks as racism.

WRONG.

The only problem blacks face is you and the prison of your own mind.

noi-chuyen-mot-minh-co-binh-thuong-hay-khong3_9914.jpg

I think this is done here on purpose. The argument being made by blacks here do not end with slavery. There was a 100 year span of time where things went on that impacts life today. So if you can recognize how the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution impacts our lives today, the excuse of that was in the past has no merit in this discussion. In that 100 years after slavery, blacks experienced terrorism of all kinds.
....er

I've never seen a conservative get confronted with a complaint about more recent supposed "racism", and not understand and think that the subject was slavery.

I mean, maybe it happened once or twice, but it is certainly not something done regularly.

I call bullshit.

If we eliminated race from these solutions, we would go back to the 50's and before.

That's a most puzzling statement. Eliminating race (racism) from all kinds of decisions detrimentally affecting blacks would throw blacks right back to the 50s, when overt and brazen racism overtly guided all these decisions?

I don't believe that's true.

I didn't (mean to) say, everything would be solved the first day, but things certainly would even out over time.

Great land robbery huh. It happened during the holocaust to a larger extent, with a much worse story.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we eliminated race from these solutions, we would go back to the 50's and before.

That's a most puzzling statement. Eliminating race (racism) from all kinds of decisions detrimentally affecting blacks would throw blacks right back to the 50s, when overt and brazen racism overtly guided all these decisions?

I didn't (mean to) say, everything would be solved the first day, but things certainly would even out over time.

Race neutral solutions cannot solve problems created by race based policies. If we eliminated race as an issue tomorrow whites would continue to gain while others lose because of the advantages whites were provided based on race. Those advantages will not be erased by eliminating race to solve the problem.

Again, there are fields blacks have been excluded from until recent years. So if jobs become available in those fields, who is going to get the jobs based on experience? Whites. Not because they are necessarily the most qualified, but because the exclusion of blacks creates a less experienced pool of black job applicants. So if you don't have to consider that exclusion, we go backwards.

toolfreak,

WRONG.

View attachment 274658

Turn black and come tell me that.

toolfreak,

WRONG.

View attachment 274658

Turn black and come tell me that.

So you think your whole life revolves around the degree of suntan you have. :auiqs.jpg:

Why are you oppressed but this man gets ahead?

th.jpg

Maybe he just ain't lazy.

Race neutral solutions cannot solve problems created by race based policies. If we eliminated race as an issue tomorrow whites would continue to gain while others lose because of the advantages whites were provided based on race. Those advantages will not be erased by eliminating race to solve the problem.

Again, there are fields blacks have been excluded from until recent years. So if jobs become available in those fields, who is going to get the jobs based on experience? Whites. Not because they are necessarily the most qualified, but because the exclusion of blacks creates a less experienced pool of black job applicants. So if you don't have to consider that exclusion, we go backwards.

So, if a black job applicant isn't routinely dismissed if a similarly qualified white person is available, and gets the job 50% of the time, that would throw him back into the 50s.

If a black youth is no longer specifically profiled and gets away with youthful infractions at the same rate as a similar white kid, that throws him back into the 50s.

If a black business owner gets a loan as would a similarly situated white business owner, and at the same rate, that would throw him back into the 50s.

If a black kid isn't shoved onto the school-to-prison pipeline for infractions a white kid would get away with, that throws that black kid back into the 50s.

If a black expecting mom gets the same attention and care as a white would-be mom, and therefore survives early-detected complications, a throw-back into the 50s.

If a black worker isn't inevitably fired first, back to the 50s.

Whites gain nothing due to a change like that, blacks would gain a lot. What you are saying, in effect, is that blacks are better off with the current-day racism than they would be without it. Would all problems be eliminated the day racism vanished? Of course not. It may take a generation or two for things to even out, mostly, even while the existing wealth gap would present severe obstacles. I don't think what you are saying is making a lick of sense.

Your argument is easily defeated. If whites are so racist why have Asians done so well? On average, they do better than whites. Many Asians are new to the country or first generation, yet succeed.

So, if a black job applicant isn't routinely dismissed if a similarly qualified white person is available, and gets the job 50% of the time, that would throw him back into the 50s.

If a black youth is no longer specifically profiled and gets away with youthful infractions at the same rate as a similar white kid, that throws him back into the 50s.

If a black business owner gets a loan as would a similarly situated white business owner, and at the same rate, that would throw him back into the 50s.

If a black kid isn't shoved onto the school-to-prison pipeline for infractions a white kid would get away with, that throws that black kid back into the 50s.

If a black expecting mom gets the same attention and care as a white would-be mom, and therefore survives early-detected complications, a throw-back into the 50s.

If a black worker isn't inevitably fired first, back to the 50s.

Whites gain nothing due to a change like that, blacks would gain a lot. What you are saying, in effect, is that blacks are better off with the current-day racism than they would be without it. Would all problems be eliminated the day racism vanished? Of course not. It may take a generation or two for things to even out, mostly, even while the existing wealth gap would present severe obstacles. I don't think what you are saying is making a lick of sense.

We've been waiting for whites to do this for 243 years and the only reason there has been any gains is because of current policies and that still has not stopped anything. So how is arbitrarily deciding that we won't consider race going to stop anything? You talk about what whites don't gain and like blacks are gaining all kinds of things when the only thing that would happen if your idea actually worked is racial equality, meaning whites have lost nothing.

Forum List

Back