The argument against self-regulation.

Banks invest their capital. They have forever. They make their most money in the housing business. So this all being said, why should they be forbidden to invest in the very industry they already profit from the most?

Paulie, I’m pleased that banks risking their own money are profitable. I’m pleased that those investing in the banks are doing well.

I’m opposed to banks with accounts insured by the FDIC taking unjustifiable risks.
Banks insured by the FDIC can and should be held to a higher fiduciary standard. They should not be permitted to function or be associated with investment banking.

Respectfully, Supposn

The banks lost money on mortgages, not on investment banking.

ToddsterPatriot, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, similar to government supported enterprises, (i.e. FDIC similar to GSEs), are somewhat dependent upon and to some extent compromise public credit. I wish them investment banks well but their accounts should not be insured by FDIC. We’ve already experienced financial fiasco’s of scales that disrupted (and still disrupts) our national and the global economies.

Respectfully, Supposn

Paulie, I’m pleased that banks risking their own money are profitable. I’m pleased that those investing in the banks are doing well.

I’m opposed to banks with accounts insured by the FDIC taking unjustifiable risks.
Banks insured by the FDIC can and should be held to a higher fiduciary standard. They should not be permitted to function or be associated with investment banking.

Respectfully, Supposn

ToddsterPatriot, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, similar to government supported enterprises, (i.e. FDIC similar to GSEs), are somewhat dependent upon and to some extent compromise public credit. I wish them investment banks well but their accounts should not be insured by FDIC. We’ve already experienced financial fiasco’s of scales that disrupted (and still disrupts) our national and the global economies.

Respectfully, Supposn

FDIC is funded by the banks.

And trade deficits don't decrease GDP.

............................................ There's a difference between less regulation and no regulation. I suspect most on the right realize that no regulation is a bad thing, it comes down to the question of what is necessary and what isn't. ...............

Wiseacre, Libertarians do not recognize insufficient regulation as anarchy.
Libertarians' are ABSOLUTE advocates of liberty.
They’re opposed to racial discrimination; but not to the extent of supporting the equal accommodation laws.

Libertarians prefer we limit ourselves to drafting laws and regulations which do not to some extent consider conflicting rights and privileges. If libertarians prevail, the results are anarchy.

Respectfully, Supposn

Oddball, you’re repeating what I’ve written.
But you’re incorrect regarding the banks being innocent. It was the banks greed that impelled them to originate bad paper. The banks’ involvement with investment banking further exacerbated their situations.

Respectfully, Supposn
Baloney.

The banks were passive-aggressively coerced into writing up mortgages, under the Utopian rubric of "affordable housing" and via thinly veiled threats from everyone from the DoJ to race hustlers like Jackson and Sharpton.
I see so banks decided to commit fraud, and create the largest crises ever to occur because people advocated affordable housing. I'd call you a dumbass that would be redundant

Oddball, you’re repeating what I’ve written.
But you’re incorrect regarding the banks being innocent. It was the banks greed that impelled them to originate bad paper. The banks’ involvement with investment banking further exacerbated their situations.

Respectfully, Supposn
Baloney.

The banks were passive-aggressively coerced into writing up mortgages, under the Utopian rubric of "affordable housing" and via thinly veiled threats from
everyone from the DoJ to race hustlers like Jackson and Sharpton.

I see so banks decided to commit fraud, and create the largest crises ever to occur because people advocated affordable housing. I'd call you a dumbass that would be redundant
Who can say with a straight face that fanfred and Federal Reserve didn't cause crisis. Too bad Marxist anti business bs makes no sense .

Forum List

Back