The anti police paradox

]The prison escapee was already convicted and, therefore, an outlaw. He didn't have the same rights as someone being arrested on a new charge.
Let's see, resisting arrest = felony, fleeing arrest = felony, sounds about the same to me. The guy in SC had a warrant on him, meaning he was an outlaw also.
Warrants aren't convictions. THAT'S the difference. The SC man hadn't escaped from a penitentiary and we only have the officer's word that he resisted arrest. Hardly the same ballpark as the NY situation.

Yeah, that irony is noted. A white cop shot a fleeing unarmed white suspect. No protests, no riots, and not a peep from the anti-police crowd.

Yep, the cop in SC was charged for doing the same thing, shooting a fleeing felon in the back.

your comment is reprehensible, disgusting and lacks ethics and morality...

The 2 situations that you smugly declared, aren't even close....

OK, I guess they're not according to a moral relativist. Was the guy in NY a danger to the cop?

]The prison escapee was already convicted and, therefore, an outlaw. He didn't have the same rights as someone being arrested on a new charge.
Let's see, resisting arrest = felony, fleeing arrest = felony, sounds about the same to me. The guy in SC had a warrant on him, meaning he was an outlaw also.
Warrants aren't convictions. THAT'S the difference. The SC man hadn't escaped from a penitentiary and we only have the officer's word that he resisted arrest. Hardly the same ballpark as the NY situation.

Oh right, the video showed the guy fleeing after the cop told him he was under arrest for a warrant, that is resisting arrest.

Alien Nation

It's just easy to commit crimes, and more criticism is drawn towards the police, since the legal system in the USA favors the defendant.

A fellow, black or white, walks into a store, buys pantyhose (assumingly for his wife/girlfriend), then puts it on his head as a mask and walks into the neighboring bank and robs it.

How do we feel about the NYPD (or SFPD) dealing with mass multi-cultural traffic in comparison to the achievements of England's fabled Scotland Yard?

:afro:

Zodiac Killer

image.jpg

Attempting to escape custody IS a form of resisting arrest, dumbass. In any case, it's punished to the same extent.

your damned right anyone fleeing arrest is a danger to the community. He might do ANYTHING, grab a gun from a gun store or another cop, jack a car, knock a little kid or elderly person on their heads when they fall from his push, etc.

Pirate Pakoras

Modern traffic creates confluence issues which are confounded by matters of piracy, profiteerism, and propaganda.

When you add multi-culturalism to this pot, you get strange elements such as vigilantism fervor (i.e., Hell's Angels) and pseudo-religious anti-police populism declarations (i.e., Satanism).

Take, for example, the story of a modern-day Caribbean pirate named Jack Sparrow who is involved in a dastardly opium-smuggling ring between North America and Asia. Turn his story into a fun Hollywood (USA) movie and cop-doughnut jokes are suddenly more common.

Is it multi-culturalism to blame or general globalization traffic?

:afro:

The Pirate Code (New Yorker)

bpp.gif

Forum List

Back