The anti police paradox

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
The Land of Sanctuary
As we all are aware, two dangerous prisoners in New York were captured by vigilant police officers conducting a massive dragnet. One was killed, the other disabled. In this one instance, more of us than not were rooting for the police to nab those filthy bastards.

But, if the police effect an arrest of a person of various minority... the attitude changes entirely. Take Ferguson for example. Why is that? I label it "the anti police paradox." Some far left liberals root for them one time, and berate them the next. If you want to see what happens when cops are afraid to do their jobs, look no further than New York City and Baltimore.

In New York City, there has been no love lost between Mayor Bill DeBlasio and his police force. He repeatedly made anti-police remarks, and essentially threw them under the bus. Arrests plummeted 66% in 2014 after two NYPD officers, Rafael Ramos and Wenjian Liu were murdered in their patrol car, which only widened the rift between officers and the mayor.

img_2259.jpg

In January of this year, that lack of enforcement was felt by residents in the Marcy Houses, 27 brick H-block buildings, each six stories high, that are home to nearly 4,300 people, all Black or Latino, and not a block away from where the two officers were killed. These residents were left wondering where the once regular police presence had gone. Now we know why.

In poor New York neighborhoods residents ask Where are the police Reuters

In Baltimore, news broke tonight that revealed Police Commanders did in fact order their police officers not to engage rioters during the riots that ravaged the city on April 28th. Homicide rates skyrocketed afterwards, leaving some residents in West Baltimore in late May to ask, "where did the police go?" Afterwards, Baltimore in one month experienced the highest murder rates it had seen in 16 years. Cops were even on record admitting that they were afraid to do their jobs. Now we know why.

Rash of homicides in West Baltimore have residents asking Where are police - CBS News

This paradox should reveal the hypocrisy by some to try and paint police officers as brutal and racist, while cheering them on when they are in hot pursuit of two escaped convicts. Yet as we saw in New York, they can be our saviors.

Last edited:
Butt, butt, butt, the police officer in NY shot the escapee in the back while he was running away, the officer was in no danger, when can we expect aggravated attempted murder charges?

Butt, butt, butt, the police officer in NY shot the escapee in the back while he was running away, the officer was in no danger, when can we expect aggravated attempted murder charges?

:lmao:

Easy, the guy was already dangerous. How else were they to catch him?

Time to check that sarcasm meter there Temp.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I was serious. He was already a clear and present danger to any populated area would eventually come to. How else were the cops supposed to apprehend him? What were they supposed to do? Let him tire himself out?

I wasn't being sarcastic. I was serious. He was already a clear and present danger to any populated area would eventually come to. How else were the cops supposed to apprehend him? What were they supposed to do? Let him tire himself out?

Sorry bubba, I was. I thought you finally got it with your second post.

Oh. My bad.

Oh. My bad.

I thought the three butts at the first would be a giveaway.

There is a reason all of this is happening.
Revolting against the cops is going to result in a shortage of cops. That will trigger an increase in crime. If race baiters ( actually Acorn is the organization scheduling these "spontaneous events" and paying these participants to protest.) can continue to stir up racial strife and rioting and looting, there will be a need for an internal military to take over until we get use to the image of armed guards quelling riots, and from there to patrolling neighborhoods, similar to what Hitler did.

Oh. My bad.

Oh, they were, I laughed. I also am wondering where all the liberals are to chime in here?

Revolting against the cops is going to result in a shortage of cops. That will trigger an increase in crime. If race baiters ( actually Acorn is the organization scheduling these "spontaneous events" and paying these participants to protest.) can continue to stir up racial strife and rioting and looting, there will be a need for an internal military to take over until we get use to the image of armed guards quelling riots, and from there to patrolling neighborhoods, similar to what Hitler did.

Good point. Now, let's posit the question:

What happens when cops decide to completely stop doing their jobs? Would that not make us more appreciative for the work they do?

Oh. My bad.

Oh, they were, I laughed. I also am wondering where all the liberals are to chime in here?

They're cowards.

Like what happened in Boston?

Oh. My bad.

They're cowards.

Oh yeah... well this thread was pretty much over when it began. As Aesop put it "No arguments can give courage to a coward." I guess he's right. lol.

Good point. Now, let's posit the question:

What happens when cops decide to completely stop doing their jobs? Would that not make us more appreciative for the work they do?

You would think. But common sense doesn't seem to be ruling the day. If I lived in a high crime neighborhood, I would take comfort knowing that if a kid is laying in the street bleeding, or someone had invaded your home, that help was rushing to your aid.

Oh. My bad.

The second escapee was a convicted cop killer. Corrections officers and State police were told to shoot to kill.

Oh. My bad.

The second escapee was a convicted cop killer. Corrections officers and State police were told to shoot to kill.

So there you go!

Forum List

Back