The Anti-1984 Fiction

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
I'm re-reading 1984 because my daughter was assigned it as reading over the summer for her AP Honors Lit. class.
I remember it well. Like he did in Animal Farm, Orwell takes a stab at communism and the oppression of the common man when too much power is in once place (in this case, government).
So I mentioned reading it on my facebook page and got a link to a piece of fiction that goes in the opposite end of the spectrum.
In this case, corporations have virtually all the power - including the right to vote, run for office (because corporations are people, my friend) and so on.
It's pretty far-fetched but if you're not a Conservative or Libertarian, fairly interesting speculative fiction.

2084 - The Conservative's Dream Come True

I'm re-reading 1984 because my daughter was assigned it as reading over the summer for her AP Honors Lit. class.
I remember it well. Like he did in Animal Farm, Orwell takes a stab at communism and the oppression of the common man when too much power is in once place (in this case, government).
So I mentioned reading it on my facebook page and got a link to a piece of fiction that goes in the opposite end of the spectrum.
In this case, corporations have virtually all the power - including the right to vote, run for office (because corporations are people, my friend) and so on.
It's pretty far-fetched but if you're not a Conservative or Libertarian, fairly interesting speculative fiction.

Orwell was attacking fascism also; Brave New World, and Erehwon are also negative utopias. Thanks for the cite.

Orwell was attacking fascism also; Brave New World, and Erehwon are also negative utopias. Thanks for the cite.

glad you like it. I find it interesting. Waiting for the next chapter.

Forum List

Back