The Angry White Liberal

Sinatra

Feb 5, 2009
Classic column by Matthew Continetti regarding the increasingly strident tone of the angry white liberals unhappy with Obama's fall from political grace, and an America now grown weary of their leftist machinations...

Excerpt:

On the Diane Rehm Show in August, Newsweek's Eleanor Clift speculated that opposition to Obamacare was an expression of the "racism" that was "latent" in the 2008 campaign. Bewildered by a few cases in which a voter had safely, legally, and constitutionally brought a firearm to an anti-Obama care rally, Washington Post columnist E.J. Dionne noted that "guns were used on election days in the Deep South during and after Reconstruction to intimidate black voters and take control of state governments." Guns also were used in the invasion of Normandy. What's Dionne's point, except to imply that the gun-carriers (and, by extension, adversaries of Obamacare) are just like Bull Connor?

The Angry White Liberal finds it simply incomprehensible that somebody might honestly and in good faith disagree with the Democrats' efforts. On August 14, blogger Steve Benen wrote on the Huffington Post that the "far-right apoplexy is counter-intuitive." After all, "Why would people who stand to benefit from health care reform literally take to the streets and threaten violence in opposition to legislation that would help them and their families?"

Forget Benen's exaggerated claim of threatened violence. Note, instead, that Benen cannot conceive that someone might actually think the costs to the Democrats' program outweigh the unrealized and perhaps unachievable benefits. Hence he divides Obama's critics into five camps: the "partisans," the "tin-foil hats," the "greedy," the "dupes," and the "wonks." The "wonks," we are told, compose the "smallest of the groups." In Benen's view, then, millions of opponents of health care reform have no reasonable grounds for their opinion. That may satisfy the liberal's attitude of intellectual superiority. But it's also awfully condescending.

The Angry White Liberal directs his fury not only at conservatives. Another target is the Obama administration itself. After all, the White House has been unable to convince a majority of Americans that liberals are right and their health care reform is necessary. Comedian Jon Stewart opened a recent Daily Show by saying, "Mr. President, I can't tell if you're a Jedi--10 steps ahead of everything--or if this whole health care thing is kickin' your ass." In the Washington Post, Robert Kuttner blamed Obama's economic team, which is "far too cozy with Wall Street." For columnist Richard Cohen, Obama's "klutziness" has hampered reform. MSNBC host Ed Schultz said the White House was "dazed and confused." His colleague Rachel Maddow thinks the Democrats are "too scared of their own shadow."

All this vituperation, this unrelenting urge to discredit opposing views, builds and builds. It's uncontainable. Inconsolable. First the Angry White Liberal blames conservatives, then Democrats, then Obama . . . before you know it, he'll be blaming the entire country for the failure to pass "comprehensive health care reform." Everyone, that is, but himself.

The Angry White Liberal

This is the second thread today telling me that I'm angry. I guess I'm falling down on the job, not being angry and all. :(

You have already passed the angry phase and entered the denial phase...soon to be followed by utter depression...

:lol:

The only people angry are the ones carrying guns to protests and trying to shout down their fellow citizens in the Town Hall meetings. Don't tread on me, The tree of Liberty needs to be watered, Death panels, blah blah blah. As opposed to we would like to bring Healthcare to all Americans.
Yup sounds like an angry agenda to me.

This is the second thread today telling me that I'm angry. I guess I'm falling down on the job, not being angry and all. :(

Well there is no doubt to anyone following public politics forums such as this that the majority of those on the left are pretty miserable. In fact, my volumes of gay MSPaint Photobucket classics wouldnt exist except for the hysterical response I get from the k00ks all the time!!!:razz: Its all part of that hate America thing and the one tie that binds all liberals together: a loathing of people who are sucessful. At the core of the anger and misery is the inability to accept the fact that their failure in life is NOT due to anybody else except their fckukked up personal decisions. Its that simple, thus, the view that government needs to level the playing field by punishing those who are successful!! Its actually fcukking fascinating.........the whole dynamic being about why there exists bumper stickers which read, "Liberalism is a mental disorder!!":clap2:

The only people angry are the ones carrying guns to protests and trying to shout down their fellow citizens in the Town Hall meetings. Don't tread on me, The tree of Liberty needs to be watered, Death panels, blah blah blah. As opposed to we would like to bring Healthcare to all Americans.

We prefer to bring cap and trade to all Americans.
Trust me, you will get increased energy taxes before you get "free" health care.

a perfect example of the level of angst and misery that exists with liberals is the fact that they continue this perpetual assault on George Bush............as if anybody in America cared one iota. Its become a serious OCD problem according to psychiatrists who have labled the condition BDS syndrome.

44756-4.jpg

Trust me, you will get increased energy taxes before you get "free" health care.

You are off topic. This thread is about angry White Liberals.

Last edited:
I warned the lefties for months about the need to check out such pharmachological aids as Effexor XR or Lexipro as the past January 20, 2008 approached...........sh!t is real good stuff for treating disoreders related to thought rumination. At a minimum, it acts as an aid in being able to identify something else to focus upon. Most didnt listen and when Bush left office, contrary to public posts saying, "Its gonna be the best day of my life".........these people were twice as miserable because now he was gone and nobody except them cared.

And no suprise...........here was Bush shortly after noon on 1/20/09.................

bushheli.jpg

I can't figure out why message board lefties try so hard to defend him, like he's done one single thing to benefit them directly. One would think Obama took that $3 trillion and passed it out to those po' folk they always act so worried about... instead of flushing it down the toilet.

Interesting factoid in today's Parade Mag... if all the money in the world was distributed evenly to every man, woman and child... we'd all get $9,000. So much for the libs utopian wealth re-distribution dreams, huh?

Good thing you aren't angry about it.

I warned the lefties for months about the need to check out such pharmachological aids as Effexor XR or Lexipro as the past January 20, 2008 approached...........sh!t is real good stuff for treating disoreders related to thought rumination. At a minimum, it acts as an aid in being able to identify something else to focus upon. Most didnt listen and when Bush left office, contrary to public posts saying, "Its gonna be the best day of my life".........these people were twice as miserable because now he was gone and nobody except them cared.

And no suprise...........here was Bush shortly after noon on 1/20/09.................

bushheli.jpg

Sounds like you have some personal experience with those Pharms there Skoo.
That what they had you on after the election?

Yeah I'm angry and also disappointed at the turn the so called debate has taken. But at least we are "debating" bringing aid and comfort to our fellow man and not up armoring Humvees or the need to use depleted uranium munitions. That in itself I would say is an improvement over this time last year.

Yeah I'm angry and also disappointed at the turn the so called debate has taken. But at least we are "debating" bringing aid and comfort to our fellow man and not up armoring Humvees or the need to use depleted uranium munitions. That in itself I would say is an improvement over this time last year.

Now you are off topic just as much as I was. :slap:

Now you are off topic just as much as I was. :slap:

Yeah I know but figured I had to come clean. You know bad Karma.

I can't figure out why message board lefties try so hard to defend him, like he's done one single thing to benefit them directly. One would think Obama took that $3 trillion and passed it out to those po' folk they always act so worried about... instead of flushing it down the toilet.

Interesting factoid in today's Parade Mag... if all the money in the world was distributed evenly to every man, woman and child... we'd all get $9,000. So much for the libs utopian wealth re-distribution dreams, huh?

There is an emotional investment in Obama - as Obama fails, so too do the liberals fail. Have you ever seen a liberal admit failure? So many do not have the emotional maturity to do such a thing. They are if anything, a terribly insecure lot...

Funny thing about angry white liberals... they never consider themselves "angry". That's for conservatives. They have righteous indignation.

Forum List

Back