The anchor baby myth

It is really pretty simple.

Anyone born in the United States- except those born of diplomats is an American citizen.

If you don't like that- well that is what Constitutional Amendments are for.
Or, alternatively, simply serve-up an Illegals-hostile RE-interpretation of the 14th, by a willing SCOTUS, declaring that the 14th was intended to provide citizenship for slaves back in the 19th Century, and that it cannot be utilized as a 'loophole' to grant citizenship to future Anchor Babies. Much cheaper and faster than a Constitutional Amendment.

And where is the case you are trying to bring before the Supreme Court?
Doesn't exist yet.

1. we need to stack the deck in the Supreme Court for this purpose

LOL.....in other words you are just hoping for some winged unicorns to change the interpretation of the law.
Yep.

Winged unicorns.

Next slide, please.

Anyone born in the United States- except those born of diplomats is an American citizen.

Or, alternatively, simply serve-up an Illegals-hostile RE-interpretation of the 14th, by a willing SCOTUS, declaring that the 14th was intended to provide citizenship for slaves back in the 19th Century, and that it cannot be utilized as a 'loophole' to grant citizenship to future Anchor Babies. Much cheaper and faster than a Constitutional Amendment.

Based upon the logic of your alternative you could also simply hope that winged unicorns fly the illegals out of the United States.

The language of the 14th Amendment is clear and unambiguous- and the Supreme Court has recognized that.

You want to change the 14th Amendment- then you need to change the Constitution.

Or you can hope that winged unicorns or a new Supreme Court will handle it 'someday'.
All it takes is for the Supreme Court to reverse its previous stand regarding 'clear and unambiguous language', and to read a different (and historically accurate) specific intent into the thing, in order to change the dynamic in a heartbeat. What are the odds? Beats the hell outta me. But it's worth examining, as an alternative to re-doing the 14th.

IF you want to make the change happen then the only action you can take is to try to pass a new Amendment.

If all you are doing is hoping the Supreme Court changes its mind, then you might as well be hoping that winged unicorns swoop down and blow fairy dust to make your wishes come true.

Awwwwww... did I offend with that insensitive remark? Excellent. That was the purpose behind the verbiage. To offend those who advocate for them to stay here.

You didn't answer the question. Why not? Here's another: Are you a US citizen?
Because I don't feel like playing touchy-feely word-games over this, and, yes, I'm an American citizen.

Would you be offended if we allowed you to stay in our country?

Doesn't exist yet.

Yeeeeeeaaaaaaah.....good luck with that...

it simply does not apply to ...

It directly applies to the topic at hand, regardless of what you may or may not want.

It directly applies to the topic at hand, regardless of what you may or may not want.

But is does not apply to foreign nationals who have invaded our borders. As a matter of fact the decision of the Court in Wong hinged on the status of the parents of Wong Kim Ark who just happened to be legal immigrants, had a legal domicile in the United States, and had an established business, unlike those who now invade our borders to have kids believing these kids are their ticket to legalizing their criminal breach of our borders.

Those who wish to make our Constitution mean what ever they wish it to mean will never give you the full story of Wong Kim Ark. They merely state the Court held Wong Kim Ark, born on American soil was held to be an American Citizen, and they hope that no one decides to read the case, or, they haven’t read the case themselves. JWK

The whole aim of construction, as applied to a provision of the Constitution, is to discover the meaning, to ascertain and give effect to the intent of its framers and the people who adopted it.
_____HOME BLDG. & LOAN ASS'N v. BLAISDELL, 290 U.S. 398 (1934)

Awwwwww... did I offend with that insensitive remark? Excellent. That was the purpose behind the verbiage. To offend those who advocate for them to stay here.

Because I don't feel like playing touchy-feely word-games over this, and, yes, I'm an American citizen.

What country are you speaking for?

Doesn't exist yet.

Doesn't exist yet.

There's ALWAYS a way to spin Law to suit one's purposes, when The People are motivated.

Timing, and choosing the right participants, is everything.

Never say never.

But is does not apply to foreign nationals who have invaded our borders. As a matter of fact the decision of the Court in Wong hinged on the status of the parents of Wong Kim Ark who just happened to be legal immigrants, had a legal domicile in the United States, and had an established business, unlike those who now invade our borders to have kids believing these kids are their ticket to legalizing their criminal breach of our borders.

Those who wish to make our Constitution mean what ever they wish it to mean will never give you the full story of Wong Kim Ark. They merely state the Court held Wong Kim Ark, born on American soil was held to be an American Citizen, and they hope that no one decides to read the case, or, they haven’t read the case themselves. JWK

The whole aim of construction, as applied to a provision of the Constitution, is to discover the meaning, to ascertain and give effect to the intent of its framers and the people who adopted it.

It applies to everyone born in the U.S., not to an embassador or diplomat.

The United States of America.

It applies to everyone born in the U.S., not to an embassador or diplomat.

"It"?. Have no idea what you mean. But, the 14th Amendment does not grant citizenship to a child born on American soil whose mother is a foreign national. This has been established by the cases I cited and from the 14th Amendment's legislative intent as expressed by those who framed it.

JWK

, the 14th Amendment does not grant citizenship to a child born on American soil whose mother is a foreign national. ....

The Supreme Court disagrees with you. Very long established law and practice disagree with you. Your mere insistence carries no power to alter reality.

I was born here, the child of US citizens, the grandchild of US citizens, the great-grandchild of immigrants who came here legally, with permission, rather than the misbegotten spawn of Illegal Aliens. who pop-out litters of puppies just to anchor themselves to US soil.

You can TRY to eject me, if you like. Good luck with that. Have at it. Wake me up when you're ready.

Last edited:
You can TRY to eject me, if you like. Good luck with that. Have at it. Wake me up when you're ready.

If we want you out, you're out. Don't pretend to be tough. Focus instead on earning our gracious permission to remain.

I was born here....

So remember your place and stop trying to denigrate your fellow citizens who were also born here and are every bit as much (at least) legitimate citizens as you.

Real Americans don't want to hear little nobodies like you insulting US citizens.

I was born here....

So remember your place and stop trying to denigrate your fellow citizens who were also born here and are every bit as much (at least) legitimate citizens as you.

Real Americans don't want to hear little nobodies like you insulting US citizens.
That's the point, Princess.

Anchor Babies should NOT be granted American citizenship.

Their legal status is the result of a loophole in the US Constitution that grants them an unanticipated and unintended status.

The loophole should be closed.

We can't do anything about those already granted that status.

But we sure-as-hell can do something about that in the future.

Apparently, that one hit a little close to the mark, eh?

Are you a former popped-out puppy of Illegal Aliens yourself?

Are you related to the popped-out puppies of Illegal Aliens?

Or are you just a misguided Internationalist Idiot who is willing for the country to take it up the keister, in allowing this flow of Invaders to continue and expand?

No thank you.

Forum List

Back