The American problem? Our "poor" have it too easy.

Do you enjoy being intentionally stoopud, or it this really what you thought he was talking about?

I asked him questions to clarify his position....is asking for clarification somehow 'being intentionally stoopud' these days?

Since what you just said is an out and out lie.

For you, yes it is. b/c you lack the ability to stay near the subject once you have run out of things to say, to you pick lines out, twist them to some dumb fuck agenda that's running in your head, then spew out an accusation.

And for clarification; Putting a question mark at the end of an accusation doesn't stop it from being an accusation.

What is the lie? Clarify, plz

Exactly. The poor have a free ride. They do better taking a handout than they could working. Why work?

When the educated "did everything right" former middle class workers can't even find a job, how in the hell do you expect the poor to do so? I have news for you, sparky. Working 2 or even 3 minimum wage jobs does not exactly catapult you into the middle class (or even make up for one living wage job). Add in a family, and you're stuck. EXACTLY HOW DO YOU EXPECT PEOPLE TO CLIMB OUT OF POVERTY WHEN THERE ARE NO DECENT JOBS???

You are talking out of your ass "sparky".
You only know what you think is fact.
You by no means know the truth.
There are plenty of 10 and 12 an hour jobs.
They would rather get unemployment and welfare and work off the books for the 10 and 12 an hour.
It is a very serious issue in NYC right now....WHERE YOU LIVE AND WORK.

Exactly. The poor have a free ride. They do better taking a handout than they could working. Why work?

When the educated "did everything right" former middle class workers can't even find a job, how in the hell do you expect the poor to do so? I have news for you, sparky. Working 2 or even 3 minimum wage jobs does not exactly catapult you into the middle class (or even make up for one living wage job). Add in a family, and you're stuck. EXACTLY HOW DO YOU EXPECT PEOPLE TO CLIMB OUT OF POVERTY WHEN THERE ARE NO DECENT JOBS???

They would rather get unemployment and welfare and work off the books for the 10 and 12 an hour.

You know this for a fact, how?

I asked him questions to clarify his position....is asking for clarification somehow 'being intentionally stoopud' these days?

Since what you just said is an out and out lie.

For you, yes it is. b/c you lack the ability to stay near the subject once you have run out of things to say, to you pick lines out, twist them to some dumb fuck agenda that's running in your head, then spew out an accusation.

And for clarification; Putting a question mark at the end of an accusation doesn't stop it from being an accusation.

What is the lie? Clarify, plz

LMFAO>..you are so ignorant.

Look at what you posted here......(above)...

THAT is asking for clartification youy fucking moron....not what you did earlier.

If you dont see the difference between the two you are dumber than I thought.

You nailed your own lying ass to the wall.

Uhm no it hasn't. Lack of enforcement of laws has allowed it.

Just WHO do you think gives them jobs here and buses them in... broadcast positions over the radio to illegals? Why, big agra and meat processors. You can thank cargill , ipb and all those other evil big agra monopolies. Greed is exactly what brings them in... Tell me, is it the poor or the uber wealthy that have a staff of illegal housekeepers, cooks and nannies... hmm?

You know this for a fact, how?

I am a business planner, recruiter in NYC.

One of our biggest issues is getting people on unemployment to accept a job. They are honest about the math.....unemployment plus "off the books" makes more sense...

And to be honest....I dont blame them.

And when we say..."but unemployment will runb out"...

Their answer?

By then the stimulus will kick in and jobs will be plenty.....and if not, there will be another unemployment extension.

It is truly a serious peoblem...but as I said....I dont blame them.

Simple question..

In countries where the poor do not have it easy.....does that make them not be poor anymore?

Uhm no it hasn't. Lack of enforcement of laws has allowed it.

Just WHO do you think gives them jobs here and buses them in... broadcast positions over the radio to illegals? Why, big agra and meat processors. You can thank cargill , ipb and all those other evil big agra monopolies. Greed is exactly what brings them in... Tell me, is it the poor or the uber wealthy that have a staff of illegal housekeepers, cooks and nannies... hmm?

Actaually here in the NYC suburban area?

Landscapers are number 1
Contractors are number 2
Working moms needing home day care for young children are number 3.

You really know very little about the issue Peepers.

But I admire your passion...it IS an issue...you just dont understand the true cause of it.

I am sure that you and everyone else on this board is willing to trade places with them

I was one of them. I grew up poor. And thank God I grew up as a "poor" person in America............because unlike the rest of the world, I had all the opportunities to work myself into a middle class life. I took advantage of a free public education and my parents made me get good grades (or else!). Took advantage of several chances to improve my future, and did so.

Had I grown up poor in just about any other country on Earth, I'd have remained poor.

But in America, staying in our poor class is a choice. That choice is much easier made in youth, and the choice to get out of it gets harder as one gets older.

I also lived a very poor childhood, but I am proud to say that as soon as I moved out of my moms house which is really my grandmas house, I never once recieved any goverment aid at all. To this day I am completely dependant on myself and pay for my schooling with a loan from my bank, not the feds.. It is so hard to deal with the steriotypes when they are sometimes seem true. The fact is, If the parent of the child doesnt break the poverty chain that they were not taught to overcome, they will possibly doom thier children to live thier lives dependant on the governmentas well..

FACT: It is illegal to grow certain amouts of food without the proper licencing.
FACT: THE GOVERNMENT LOVES THE POOR's DEPENDANCES ON THEM...
I believe the government loves its peoples dependance on them, The more people that are dependant on the government, the more people they control. CONTROL HAS ALWAYS BEEN THE NAME OF THE GAME SINCE THE BEGINNING.

FACT: There are more middle class families depending on the government now after the recession than in the last fifty years.. Almost 60 million American families on welfare last time I checked.. THE GOVENMENT LOVES THIS..I dont! I GRIND MY TEETH EVERYTIME I SEE THE DEDUCTIONS ON MY CHECK.

Last edited:

Dear Idiot,

Please refrain from talking about things of which you know NOTHING.

1. There are 10 applicants for every job offered - we still have people with MBA's fighting over barista positions at Starbucks.
2. Because of the glut of applicants, employers are offering very small wages - lower than ever before and those who DO land a job usually take a significant pay cut
3. You try living anywhere NEAR NYC on $10-$12/hour

Moron.

But I admire your passion...it IS an issue...you just dont understand the true cause of it.

I don't understand? That's laughable. Just WHO employs 99% of the illegals in this country? Go google it, maybe you'll learn something.

Big Agra, Meat processors and Developers. All red baby, all red.

Last edited:
This is the root of why we are struggling. The poor have it too easy. We have a massive class of people that are purely dependent on others to get by. Here is how.....

If our poor knew education was the key to survival, they'd be flocking the free libraries to get a better education than what our failed schools are giving. And using the free internet. But they aren't. They would also stop spending money on high-priced shoes, rims for their cars, expensive cars in general, video games, plasma tv's........and of course drugs. What a "poor" person in America spends on cable tv, a tv, rims, a cell phone, clothes, could buy a semester at community college. But priorities aren't there. Because they KNOW the gov't will not let them starve or die.

If our poor were truly starving, they'd be desperate to learn how to plant and grow their own food. But they aren't. Not only are they not finding ways to create their own food, but they are taking in so many excess calories that they are obsese. Like most of America. They do not need to worry about how to grow or find food, they know food stamps are always gonna be there. Otherwise, we'd see protests in the ghettos demanding the gov't allow some parks to be used as food growing land for them.

Our "poor" live a life that is rich compared the 95% of the other humans on planet Earth. The reason we have class warfare is envy, not necessity. Our poor have it too easy. If it was a necessity, they'd strive for their own education. They'd find ways to grow their own food, start their own businesses, find their own housing. Necessity creates quite a bit of innovation and efficiency.

But our "poor" know this.....they will be taken care of. They use the ER as a personal doctor. They get food stamps. They get $50 a month subsidized apartments. They get welfare. They get free education, soon to get free wireless internet. Hell, Jesse Jackson Jr. just said he wants a Constitutional amendment that guarantees people in the ghetto a "right to an Ipad and Ipod".

They know that we the people will keep finding a way to keep them alive and living a relatively easy life. So then it becomes that their only gripe is that what we are giving them is not as nice or fancy as what the rest of us have earned. They're spoiled brats. Their free apartment isn't as nice as the one I bought, and they're pissed. The food their food stamps buy is not as good as the food I worked for to buy, and they're pissed. The free welfare money they got is not enough to buy the same car I did with the money I earned and they demand that be changed immediately.

And then you have what I call the "Poor College Grad". He's the guy that all through college took "Diversity 101" or "Cultural Studies". He was in all the socially cool clubs. Wore the Che t-shirts. Hated Bush of course. Meanwhile, he was doing little to secure his financial future, learn to invest, learning to start a business. Instead, he decided to become more worldly, and less practical, only to become a whiny, pissed off 27 year old college grad who is pissed that his brilliance in the world of sociology could only get him a job cooking for Noodles.

And thats the problem we have in America right now.

This sounds like the PERFECT GOP platform to run on. And what better spokesperson or Presidential candidate to deliver that message than Donald Trump. Sounds like a winning strategery to me!

That is what bucs wants.

Sometimes I get disappointed in the Democrats, but then I come on here, read bucs' posts, and see what their plans are. And then I see how bad their plans are, it reminds me to never vote Republican again.

Dear Idiot,

1. There are 10 applicants for every job offered - we still have people with MBA's fighting over barista positions at Starbucks.
2. Because of the glut of applicants, employers are offering very small wages - lower than ever before and those who DO land a job usually take a significant pay cut

Moron.

Try living in any major city on $10/hour. Its almost impossible.

Dear Idiot,

Moron.

Your above statement?

Wrong.

You are an employee in a company making 48K a year with no responsibility which is evident by your posting on here during working hours. Your bias against large business is quite evident. Your bias against progress is also quite evident. I do not hold either against you. You are entitled to yoiur sentiments. Progress and big business is not for everyone. I respect that.

I am the former President of the NYC chapter of my trade association....I have been a recruiter / business planner for well over 25 years. I study the marketplace as it pertains to the workforce weekly. I interact with the NYC unemployment department on a daily basis. I own a small business (my third) and whereas things are slower than usual, we have a glutton of unfillable clerical jobs. Those with masters degrees are not lining upo for them. And if they did, they wouldnt get them as it is understood that they would walk off the job for one more in line with their degrees once the market turns.

Of the better jobs we do fill, the salaries offered are equal to what they were offerring for the same jobs in 2007. Yes, CoL has increased...so there is a loss...but you are talking out of your ass if you say slalries are infinately less.

You are naive to the truth Peepers...and you are allowing your personal sentiments cloud your judgement....

I suggest you learn and stop assuming.

I would like to see welfare and UE become more strict as far as how long someone can stay on it, in addition to more oversight with the job searching. Also, I think if someone is on welfare, they should get easier financial access to PSEO/trade school education. I think increasing opportunities for further education would be a good investment of tax dollars.

However I've got to point out that there is a difference between welfare royalty and the working poor. The two should not be conflated, completely different people and life situations. The sad reality is that there will always be poor in our country. Our society has needs that demand low-skill labor, which means low-wage paychecks.

Uhhhh....maybe get a job and work your ass off so you move up in the company? Let me guess your one of those people who think working the drive thru at Micky D's is a career choice.
When I started working in machine shops at age 20 I swept the floors I deburred I cleaned the bathrooms...I did whatever was asked of me. And you know what? Twenty five years later I was able to retire.......because I worked my ass off and wasnt to proud to take instuction from people who knew more then me.
The whole attitude of people who are poor generaly sucks !!!!!!They have a chip on there shoulder and refuse to listen to there betters....so they stay poor because of there ego.
And thats the truth,i've seen it a million times!!! They are to proud to clean floors or scrub a toilet.
So I say FUCK EM !!!!!! They care more about street cred then there familys!!!It's there attitude that got them where they are.
I cant count the times i've heard some punk say he's not working any harder because they don't pay him enough.
HELLOOOOO....How about you work harder and show you deserve a raise you egotistical piece of shit.
I have zero sympathy for these people!!! In fact I have nothing but contempt for them!!!
Again I say......FUCKEM!!!!!!

How do yo expect people to work their way out of poverty when it's a better life if they don't work at all?

Oh, you live in the suburbs. That explains a lot. You truly DON'T know what you're talking about.

You see...that is where you are wrong.

My success is based on what I DO know.

I know the employment market in NYC.

And I dont need to google.

From queens, brooklyn and Bronx....workers off the books......

over 75% of gardener employees used in the suburbs of NYC come from those 3 boros....
Nearly the same percentage work for contractors...
Over 60% of home care used by working moms comes from JAMAICA Queesns alone

It is not an issue of where I live...

It is an issue of studying the marketplace and the trends.

It is what I do for a living.

Forum List

Back