The American problem? Our "poor" have it too easy.

Why do you hate poor people so much?

I dont hate them....I dont pity them, I dont look down on them. I help them help themselves when they want to help themselves.
However, I despise those that put them on some sort of "pity pedestal"

The poor people that just want people to give them things and don't want to work for it kill me.

There are many that want to work for it, but when they do the math, they realize they will afford their families a better lifestyle if they dont.

I see it all the time. People pass on job offers so they can get unemployment and welfare...and are they lazy? No...they ALSO bang up sheetrock for their brother in law for 10 bucks an hour off the books.

And anyone who says that is BS...I will say this...I can not prove it as it is not something I can advertise without subjecting myself to slander....but it is real and it is happening....and if you still insist on saying it is BS? Well, it will be your way of saying to me that you have not a clue...becuase I know it as fact. I deal with it everyday.

This is the root of why we are struggling. The poor have it too easy. We have a massive class of people that are purely dependent on others to get by. Here is how.....

If our poor knew education was the key to survival, they'd be flocking the free libraries to get a better education than what our failed schools are giving. And using the free internet. But they aren't. They would also stop spending money on high-priced shoes, rims for their cars, expensive cars in general, video games, plasma tv's........and of course drugs. What a "poor" person in America spends on cable tv, a tv, rims, a cell phone, clothes, could buy a semester at community college. But priorities aren't there. Because they KNOW the gov't will not let them starve or die.

If our poor were truly starving, they'd be desperate to learn how to plant and grow their own food. But they aren't. Not only are they not finding ways to create their own food, but they are taking in so many excess calories that they are obsese. Like most of America. They do not need to worry about how to grow or find food, they know food stamps are always gonna be there. Otherwise, we'd see protests in the ghettos demanding the gov't allow some parks to be used as food growing land for them.

Our "poor" live a life that is rich compared the 95% of the other humans on planet Earth. The reason we have class warfare is envy, not necessity. Our poor have it too easy. If it was a necessity, they'd strive for their own education. They'd find ways to grow their own food, start their own businesses, find their own housing. Necessity creates quite a bit of innovation and efficiency.

But our "poor" know this.....they will be taken care of. They use the ER as a personal doctor. They get food stamps. They get $50 a month subsidized apartments. They get welfare. They get free education, soon to get free wireless internet. Hell, Jesse Jackson Jr. just said he wants a Constitutional amendment that guarantees people in the ghetto a "right to an Ipad and Ipod".

They know that we the people will keep finding a way to keep them alive and living a relatively easy life. So then it becomes that their only gripe is that what we are giving them is not as nice or fancy as what the rest of us have earned. They're spoiled brats. Their free apartment isn't as nice as the one I bought, and they're pissed. The food their food stamps buy is not as good as the food I worked for to buy, and they're pissed. The free welfare money they got is not enough to buy the same car I did with the money I earned and they demand that be changed immediately.

And then you have what I call the "Poor College Grad". He's the guy that all through college took "Diversity 101" or "Cultural Studies". He was in all the socially cool clubs. Wore the Che t-shirts. Hated Bush of course. Meanwhile, he was doing little to secure his financial future, learn to invest, learning to start a business. Instead, he decided to become more worldly, and less practical, only to become a whiny, pissed off 27 year old college grad who is pissed that his brilliance in the world of sociology could only get him a job cooking for Noodles.

And thats the problem we have in America right now.

The really sick part is that the "Poor" are always trying to get more free assistance, as if they "deserve" more and more. There is no limit to their whining.

This is the root of why we are struggling. The poor have it too easy. We have a massive class of people that are purely dependent on others to get by. Here is how.....

If our poor knew education was the key to survival, they'd be flocking the free libraries to get a better education than what our failed schools are giving. And using the free internet. But they aren't. They would also stop spending money on high-priced shoes, rims for their cars, expensive cars in general, video games, plasma tv's........and of course drugs. What a "poor" person in America spends on cable tv, a tv, rims, a cell phone, clothes, could buy a semester at community college. But priorities aren't there. Because they KNOW the gov't will not let them starve or die.

If our poor were truly starving, they'd be desperate to learn how to plant and grow their own food. But they aren't. Not only are they not finding ways to create their own food, but they are taking in so many excess calories that they are obsese. Like most of America. They do not need to worry about how to grow or find food, they know food stamps are always gonna be there. Otherwise, we'd see protests in the ghettos demanding the gov't allow some parks to be used as food growing land for them.

Our "poor" live a life that is rich compared the 95% of the other humans on planet Earth. The reason we have class warfare is envy, not necessity. Our poor have it too easy. If it was a necessity, they'd strive for their own education. They'd find ways to grow their own food, start their own businesses, find their own housing. Necessity creates quite a bit of innovation and efficiency.

But our "poor" know this.....they will be taken care of. They use the ER as a personal doctor. They get food stamps. They get $50 a month subsidized apartments. They get welfare. They get free education, soon to get free wireless internet. Hell, Jesse Jackson Jr. just said he wants a Constitutional amendment that guarantees people in the ghetto a "right to an Ipad and Ipod".

They know that we the people will keep finding a way to keep them alive and living a relatively easy life. So then it becomes that their only gripe is that what we are giving them is not as nice or fancy as what the rest of us have earned. They're spoiled brats. Their free apartment isn't as nice as the one I bought, and they're pissed. The food their food stamps buy is not as good as the food I worked for to buy, and they're pissed. The free welfare money they got is not enough to buy the same car I did with the money I earned and they demand that be changed immediately.

And then you have what I call the "Poor College Grad". He's the guy that all through college took "Diversity 101" or "Cultural Studies". He was in all the socially cool clubs. Wore the Che t-shirts. Hated Bush of course. Meanwhile, he was doing little to secure his financial future, learn to invest, learning to start a business. Instead, he decided to become more worldly, and less practical, only to become a whiny, pissed off 27 year old college grad who is pissed that his brilliance in the world of sociology could only get him a job cooking for Noodles.

And thats the problem we have in America right now.

The really sick part is that the "Poor" are always trying to get more free assistance, as if they "deserve" more and more. There is no limit to their whining.

I disagree...

I dont see that here in NYC.

I see the middle class liberals tellingf them they should get more and more...and I see the liberal leaning politicians promising them more and more...

But I dont think it is the poor that ask for it....they simply want to have enough income to support their families.

We are all a product of the decisions we make. The poor probably make worse decisions than the rest of us. They also have a non-existent support structure to help them make the right decisions and lack a safety net for when they make a wrong decision.

Many of us can point to a bad decision we have made in our life. If you are poor, the consequences of that decision is magnified. Daddy is not there to make it all better. There is no uncle who owns a business and offers you a job. You have no place to go to get a loan and nobody is offering you any financial backing.

It is a tough road to travel and not everyone makes it

If you're arguing that some parents suck, well yes, I agree. Too bad morality in our country has tanked over the last 30 years.

But these poor kids do in fact have options. They get a free education for one. If they have a motivated teacher (aka, a non-union non-tenure teacher) then they can learn there even despite shitty parents.

But yes, some people have tougher roads than other. But nowhere on Earth is the "poor" class of a nation so set up with a chance at success as ours. Poor Kenyans, or Chinese, or Brazillians, would DREAM of growing up as a poor American with all the opportunities here.

And ours do have a safety net, a great one. Welfare, food stamps, ER care, Medicare, Section-8 housing, etc, etc. They're obese for Gods sake.

What Morality would that be? The morality to segregate races? The morality to pay women less than men doing the same job? The morality to lock gays in asylums? The morality to polute lakes to the point they catch on fire?

That morality?

Do you enjoy being intentionally stoopud, or it this really what you thought he was talking about?

If you're arguing that some parents suck, well yes, I agree. Too bad morality in our country has tanked over the last 30 years.

But these poor kids do in fact have options. They get a free education for one. If they have a motivated teacher (aka, a non-union non-tenure teacher) then they can learn there even despite shitty parents.

But yes, some people have tougher roads than other. But nowhere on Earth is the "poor" class of a nation so set up with a chance at success as ours. Poor Kenyans, or Chinese, or Brazillians, would DREAM of growing up as a poor American with all the opportunities here.

And ours do have a safety net, a great one. Welfare, food stamps, ER care, Medicare, Section-8 housing, etc, etc. They're obese for Gods sake.

What Morality would that be? The morality to segregate races? The morality to pay women less than men doing the same job? The morality to lock gays in asylums? The morality to polute lakes to the point they catch on fire?

That morality?

Do you enjoy being intentionally stoopud, or it this really what you thought he was talking about?

He does that often...as does NYCarbineer and RW.
They force you to pick you words really carefully or they will accuse you of saying something they knew dam well you didnt mean...ruining a good healthy debate.

That morality?

I asked him questions to clarify his position....is asking for clarification somehow 'being intentionally stoopud' these days?

That morality?

I asked him questions to clarify his position....is asking for clarification somehow 'being intentionally stoopud' these days?

Not at all....
But neediong clarification to his post...and suggesting he menat otherwise is the "stoopid" part .

I dont hate them....I dont pity them, I dont look down on them. I help them help themselves when they want to help themselves.
However, I despise those that put them on some sort of "pity pedestal"

The poor people that just want people to give them things and don't want to work for it kill me.

There are many that want to work for it, but when they do the math, they realize they will afford their families a better lifestyle if they dont.

I see it all the time. People pass on job offers so they can get unemployment and welfare...and are they lazy? No...they ALSO bang up sheetrock for their brother in law for 10 bucks an hour off the books.

And anyone who says that is BS...I will say this...I can not prove it as it is not something I can advertise without subjecting myself to slander....but it is real and it is happening....and if you still insist on saying it is BS? Well, it will be your way of saying to me that you have not a clue...becuase I know it as fact. I deal with it everyday.

I believe you, if you get paid more to do nothing than to work obviously most people will choose to do nothing.

Give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day
Teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime
Beat a man half to death with a fish and he'll never ask for anything from you again

Promise a man a fish each day for a year, he eats for a year.
Tell him he may be better off learning to fish? He may agree but cant find the time.
Tell a man he will need to fish for himself if he wants to eat?
He will ask you to teach him to fish.

Not at all....
But neediong clarification to his post...and suggesting he menat otherwise is the "stoopid" part .

Suggesting? You might want to look again. The post you call 'being intentionally stoopud' is nothing but questions asking for clarification of what he meant.....something, I might add, he has failed to clarify yet. (good to see you on one of Bucs' threads again)

Last edited:

Not at all....

Suggesting? You might want to look again. The post you call 'being intentionally stoopud' is nothing but questions asking for clarification of what he meant.....something, I might add, he has failed to clarify yet. (good to see you on one of Bucs' threads again)

Yep...intentionally stoopud.
Typical of you to not see the err of your ways.
Good to see you on one of Bucs threads too. Your point being meaningless.
Go run and play now little boy. You are out of your league here.

That morality?

Since what you just said is an out and out lie.

For you, yes it is. b/c you lack the ability to stay near the subject once you have run out of things to say, to you pick lines out, twist them to some dumb fuck agenda that's running in your head, then spew out an accusation.

And for clarification; Putting a question mark at the end of an accusation doesn't stop it from being an accusation.

Exactly. The poor have a free ride. They do better taking a handout than they could working. Why work?

When the educated "did everything right" former middle class workers can't even find a job, how in the hell do you expect the poor to do so? I have news for you, sparky. Working 2 or even 3 minimum wage jobs does not exactly catapult you into the middle class (or even make up for one living wage job). Add in a family, and you're stuck. EXACTLY HOW DO YOU EXPECT PEOPLE TO CLIMB OUT OF POVERTY WHEN THERE ARE NO DECENT JOBS???

Last edited:

Since what you just said is an out and out lie.

For you, yes it is. b/c you lack the ability to stay near the subject once you have run out of things to say, to you pick lines out, twist them to some dumb fuck agenda that's running in your head, then spew out an accusation.

And for clarification; Putting a question mark at the end of an accusation doesn't stop it from being an accusation.

No wonder Bodecea is so naive.
He does not realize that when you ask a question with unwarranted snide comments, it will likely turn off the person you want an answer from.

So you are correct...he is either lying about the reason for his question..........or he has horrendous interpersonal skills.

Not at all....

Yep...intentionally stoopud.
Typical of you to not see the err of your ways.
Good to see you on one of Bucs threads too. Your point being meaningless.
Go run and play now little boy. You are out of your league here.

So. You consider it "intentionally stoopud" to ask for clarification on something vague someone posted. Well....that kind of says it all about you and your 'thirst for knowledge' doesn't it? :lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back