The American Omen: DNA(?)

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a modernism-omen inspired by Bulworth and The Stand.

Has fundamentalism Islam and radical anti-Western sentiments numbed America's sense of paranoia-folklore?

This story was also inspired by Hobbes' Leviathan and the film Omen III: The Final Conflict and makes me wonder if science (genetics) can save humanity.

Signing off,

angel.jpg

====

America is a land of great traffic and rather large doses of hysteria. After 9/11, Americans were more and more concerned that 'modernity' was somehow destabilized by new age 'psychosis' (e.g., anti-consumerism fanaticism). Perhaps all this 'unnatural intrigue' is opening up a proverbial 'Hellmouth' of modernism decay (e.g., Enron, Los Angeles Race Riots, Columbine school-shootings, etc., etc.). Should Americans be especially 'religious' in these times and under 'TrumpUSA,' or is that more the 'style' of fundamentalists Muslims and even fanatics? Imagine the following news headlines at the time of a great 'tribulation' of terribly Biblical proportions (considering who is watching the news these days might raise serious considerations about censorship values!).

1. a child is used as a Satanic sacrifice-symbol and is used horrifyingly in pain-experiments
2. the child's father is considered a heretic and is burned alive...in a church!
3. the child's pet-bird is cooked and eaten by a cannibal
4. Chelsea Clinton is gang-raped by a 'team' of terrorists
5. a film is made about Tonya Harding, and it catalyzes a string of 'copycat' murders
6. Hillary Clinton is shot in the face by a fanatic claiming to be the new Unabomber
7. ISIS sends terrorists to the Paralympic Games in South Korea to wreak havoc
8. President Donald Trump is exposed as a fascist when he orders nuclear missile tests

A psycho named Ted hears all of this news on CNN one week and decides it's Armageddon. He decides to fashion himself after Leatherface (the fictional chainsaw-wielding cannibal from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre horror-film franchise). Ted/Leatherface goes on a killing-spree in Dallas, using his chainsaw to kill dozens of police officers. He then sends a notice to the Dallas newspapers --- "These crimes represent the human heart trying to defy the 'normalness' of everyday intolerable civil corruption and crime in modern America." Is Ted/Leatherface a 'crusader' or simply a fanatical/psychotic 'vigilante' in this dream?

GOD: Humanity is destroying its own spiritual-cartilage.
SATAN: Suicide/apathy has mutated into ethics genocide.
GOD: Right, once you could privately 'demise,' but now everyone suffers!
SATAN: What do you mean by 'spiritual-cartilage,' God?
GOD: I'm referring to the devastation of humanity's weaknesses by exploitation.
SATAN: Are you referring to a sort of 'moral rape' in the modern world?
GOD: I'm talking about a giant Hellmouth creating confusion about vitality.
SATAN: Oh, you're suggesting that 'lust' is inducing a fascination with anarchy!
GOD: Sure, I am. Rape is a form of murder related purely to lust...
SATAN: Maybe the archangel Michael can serve as a 'Dr. Feelgood.'
GOD: Well, Michael can certainly remind people of the value of health.
SATAN: Is modern media healthy?
GOD: It can be argued that Americans are 'addicted' to Facebook.
SATAN: I believe the ruin of spiritual-cartilage can be addressed with education.
GOD: Teachers sometimes take on the role of 'priests,' which can be dangerous!
SATAN: I think Ivy League students should be required to read Hobbes' Leviathan.

====

z1.jpg

Forum List

Back