The American melting pot has stopped assimilating immigrants the way it once did

Conservatives have been raising the "immigrants aren't assimilating" hysteria for years and I've seen very little evidence of it. Las Vegas has a huge immigrant population. My son's school is full of Hispanic, Filipino, and Asian kids and I have yet to meet one of them who's first language isn't English despite their parents being immigrants. Same at the Martial Arts gym I train at. The kids classes I sometimes help out at are mostly non-white students and all of them speak English as their first language even if some of their parents struggle with it a bit.

While I have read occasional news articles of schools wanting more funding to teach immigrant children English, it's not a wide spread problem and it's hardly anything recent. My grandmother's family came here from Italy when she was just a few years old and she had to repeat the first grade because she still spoke primarily Italian and didn't know English well enough. That was all the way back in the 1930s.

oh so it's just conservatives. ok

Yep, pretty much. You people are terrified of an America that will be majority brown some day.

You Were doing so well right up until you posted that stupid shit.

It's the truth. If the 12 million illegals in this country were Canadian, British, French, etc. there'd hardly be an outcry

Utter race card pulling BS! It has nothing to do with skin color either. It has to do an unnatural and unlawful takeover via illegal immigration. What country in the world would desire a demographic, cultural and lingual transition in that manner? WTH is wrong with you? We have immigration laws and quotas for good reasons. As a matter of fact your so-called brown people enjoy the highest quotas and family reunifications on our soil by far above anyone else. So they aren't being discriminated against by objecting to them coming here illegally instead. Grow the "F" up!

No one is objecting that illegal immigrants should be blocked in coming here.

To suggest that, oldg, is a lie.

We object to you nativists trying to make something out of a lie: no, the illegals are not going to be mass deported.

Yes, America is browning, and that is simply the end of that: it's a fact that will not change.

Forum List

Back