The American Left

adamsimpire

Rookie
Jul 26, 2004
Pittsburgh
I wanted to make a thread where conservatives and liberals (sp?) could discuss their differences and argue about issues. So feel free to start some conversation. I posted this in a different thread, but I thought I'd use this to start us off:

Ahhh, where to start. The hard-core left of today's America, to me, seems to have transformed into a huge, hateful, Bush-bashing political party. I guess they started their campain with very little to work with for them. They miss their good old days with Clinton, and some of them can't stand to see a Godly man and a man of his word in office.

So they had to come up with something, and what they are doing works (not well, but it does seem to get a good rally behind it) but at a price. The left of America has sunken low enough to start a hate movement towards President Bush. One of the biggest things that aggrivates me is that they are calling George Bush a liar, when infact he is not.

In the days before and leading up to the 2nd Iraq war, Bush told the U.S. that he recieved substantial intelligence that Iraq had W.M.D.'s. He also gave Saddam the chance to dissarm, which he did not. And what makes me wonder is this, IF Saddam did not infact have W.M.D.'s, then why did he tuck his tail between his legs, and hide? He could have shown himself to the U.S., contacted us, and simply say, "I do not have W.M.D's." If we did not believe him, he could have let the inspectors search all they wanted.

BUT, he chose to say nothing, and kept the inspectors on the run. This was suspicious enough for George W. Bush (and at the time, John Kerry) to launch an offensive attack on Saddam's regieme.

For all I know, Saddam, possibly had W.M.D's just as much as he might not have. If he did have them, we maight never find them. They're probably well hidden (I.E. stuck in cement, that belongs to an unsuspicious sidewalk) or were taken out of the country to a more convienient place for terrorists.

wlecome Adam.

You will find that the entire top half of this board is dedicated to the debate of lefties, righties, and moderates.

Forum List

Back