The American Dream disapears under Reaganism...wake up!

6a00d83452403c69e20133eca1fa97970b-pi

Obama's first year deficit was larger than all of Reagan's combined.

My father was a union man. HS Diploma and never rose to a management position

On that union salary, he was able to buy a 2000 sq ft house, maintain 2 cars, buy healthcare, raise 4 kids and send them to college. All without my mother working

Since the Reagan Revolution, we have seen a decline in the standard of living for workers. They work as hard and are as productive but see their hope of the American Dream diminishing

Now, union jobs are treated like a plague. Worker rights are diminishing. Job protections are gone. Healthcare is only for the privleged few. Education is beyond expensive. It takes two salaries and a college education to reach the living standard that used to be available to your average union worker

Obama's first year deficit was larger than all of Reagan's combined.

This is just class envy.

The left keeps whining about "the gap".

What has actual wealth looked like over the past 30 years ?

I don't care how rich people are as long as I have what I need.

The gap can be growing and the entire curve can be shifting up.

You'll never see Chris post any analysis because he isn't capable.

On that union salary, he was able to buy a 2000 sq ft house, maintain 2 cars, buy healthcare, raise 4 kids and send them to college. All without my mother working

Since the Reagan Revolution, we have seen a decline in the standard of living for workers. They work as hard and are as productive but see their hope of the American Dream diminishing

Now, union jobs are treated like a plague. Worker rights are diminishing. Job protections are gone. Healthcare is only for the privleged few. Education is beyond expensive. It takes two salaries and a college education to reach the living standard that used to be available to your average union worker

Your father lived during a time when other countries were not competative.

Somewhere in China, a father is now approaching what your father could do. And we don't have it so easy any more.

Tough.

And all is took was the destruction of 80% of the world's manufacturing base.
And a much much smaller government.

Somewhere in China, a father is now approaching what your father could do. And we don't have it so easy any more.

Tough.

I agree...times have changed and it is tough

But the burden of a shifting world economy has not been equally shared. The ones who are paid to maintain US competitiveness in a global economy have lost share to foreign competition.
But those responsible for the US losing its global economic position have seen an immense jump in their salaries while the American worker has paid the price

Repubs just need another 20 years for their trickle down theory to work. Oh boy, it'll be great!

It did give Clinton a good 6 years.

What gave Clinton his dynamite economy was throwing the epically failed right wing "trickle down" trash in the garbage where it belongs, and implementing his wildly successful tax plan.
If it wasn't for dumbass W going back to the horrific GOP fiscal policies, we would likely be debt free by now.

Liberals believe the American dream will be given to all. Republicans believe you can work for it.

Liberals believe the American dream will be given to all. Republicans believe you can work for it.

Then why do Republicans do everything in their power to keep you from working for it?

Repubs just need another 20 years for their trickle down theory to work. Oh boy, it'll be great!

What gave Clinton his dynamite economy was throwing the epically failed right wing "trickle down" trash in the garbage where it belongs, and implementing his wildly successful tax plan.
If it wasn't for dumbass W going back to the horrific GOP fiscal policies, we would likely be debt free by now.

You must not forget about Clinton's attack on the Welfare System that also helped his economy. It wasn't as simple as tossing RW policies aside... The Left always talks of Bill Clinton as the great savior of the economy, yet they always seem to OMIT the policies that even they despised, when speaking of him...
Washingtonpost.com: Clinton Signs Welfare Bill Amid Division
And from the Liberals we have this....
Welfare vanishes as poverty soars

implementing his wildly successful tax plan

Of course! Raising the top rate from 31% to 39.6% fixed the economy how exactly?
Work through the steps for me.

Ah the young and ignorant. Clinton's great success had to do with republican congress following Reagan path.

Tough.
Yeah....tough for American workers...Easy Street for traitorous Corporations. Hey....it's the GOP claim to fame....and it's all yours...own it dickhead.

Ah the young and ignorant. Clinton's great success had to do with republican congress following Reagan path.

There wasn't anything following Reagan's and bush's right wing policies of huge spending, huge taxes, and big government.
What we had under Clinton is what strong progressive policies are all about. Fair taxes, controlled spending, less government, and promoting small business and a strong middle class. This created one of the, if not the best economies this nation has ever seen.
The GOP seems to think giving everything to the rich is the way to go, even though it's NEVER worked, but they don't care. Intelligence isn't one of the strong points of the GOP voter.

Tough.
Yeah....tough for American workers...Easy Street for traitorous Corporations. Hey....it's the GOP claim to fame....and it's all yours...own it dickhead.

Don't like it....start your own.

Suck on that milquetoast.

Of course! Raising the top rate from 31% to 39.6% fixed the economy how exactly?

Don't hold your breath on that one.

3.5+ years after Obama takes over and it is still Bush's fault.

But the solid economic environment provided by Reagan/Bush I allowed Clinton/Gingrich to do some good things.

Think R.R. gets credit ?

But it is still Boooooooooooooooooooooossssshhhhhhh.

If things had been bad under Clinton, you would be blaming it all on him and not the Republicans.

Don't hold your breath on that one.

3.5+ years after Obama takes over and it is still Bush's fault.

But the solid economic environment provided by Reagan/Bush I allowed Clinton/Gingrich to do some good things.

Think R.R. gets credit ?

But it is still Boooooooooooooooooooooossssshhhhhhh.

They say that it takes about 4 years before you notice a difference that a President makes.

Forum List

Back