The American Bald Eagle

Nice...

In the area where I live, there are two pairs of Bald Eagle within 20 miles of where I live...which is unusual.....

But yeah, they are massive birds....and extraordinarily beautiful.....

Thanks for the pics...

Where you live looks a lot like where I live....
Actually we live about a mile from the coast line, but even the coast line up here is all woods until you get right to the shore and then there are cliffs and rocky beaches, almost everywhere...a Sandy Beach is a rarity, but mostly Pine, and birch, Poplar/ Aspen, Maple, Lots of Apple Trees and Alder....some areas with Oak...but not nearly as many as there were in southern New England.
My kind of nature.....

I was just talking with a co-worker this morning about how I wanted to do the "lighthouse" vacation starting in upstate Maine and working My way down to N. Carolina...

I heard about the lighthouse vacation...

That would be an awesome thing to do.

Nice...

In the area where I live, there are two pairs of Bald Eagle within 20 miles of where I live...which is unusual.....

Thanks for the pics...

Actually we live about a mile from the coast line, but even the coast line up here is all woods until you get right to the shore and then there are cliffs and rocky beaches, almost everywhere...a Sandy Beach is a rarity, but mostly Pine, and birch, Poplar/ Aspen, Maple, Lots of Apple Trees and Alder....some areas with Oak...but not nearly as many as there were in southern New England.
My kind of nature.....

I was just talking with a co-worker this morning about how I wanted to do the "lighthouse" vacation starting in upstate Maine and working My way down to N. Carolina...

I heard about the lighthouse vacation...

That would be an awesome thing to do.
I know....I've heard about it from people who've actually done just the Maine Coast version.....and they rave about it..

Nice...

Thanks for the pics...

My kind of nature.....

Here are some pics of deer in my yard in the Fall with the Meadow right across the Way that I took the Eagle pics, and also some pics of the Meadow and the Deer coming out by the loads from the woods at dusk.... lots and lots and lots of deer..... we have one neighbor with his home on 10 acreas and one new neighbor with his home on 125 acreas.....all the rest around us for hundreds if not thousands of acres is woods right down to the shoreline. We moved up here from the 'rat race' in Massachusetts, to basically "get away from it all"... Neighbors have their pick on the deer come hunting season...in fact, last fall he thanked me for making sure the deer get fattened up on my apples for him....hahahahahaha, of course I hit him when he said that....

the lighthouse tour would be awesome....the hubby and I have visited 4 lighthouses, but have a few to go just to finish Maine.... our regular beach that is fairly private with no one around, ever...is a Lighthouse beach....near here.

Here are the deer pics I posted on USMB, some are good pics, some it was dark and bad pics...

Deer- Take 2 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Deer In Yard Today, Under Wild Apple Tree | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Deer, Deer, Everywhere! | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Nice...

Thanks for the pics...

My kind of nature.....

Here are some pics of deer in my yard in the Fall with the Meadow right across the Way that I took the Eagle pics, and also some pics of the Meadow and the Deer coming out by the loads from the woods at dusk.... lots and lots and lots of deer..... we have one neighbor with his home on 10 acreas and one new neighbor with his home on 125 acreas.....all the rest around us for hundreds if not thousands of acres is woods right down to the shoreline. We moved up here from the 'rat race' in Massachusetts, to basically "get away from it all"... Neighbors have their pick on the deer come hunting season...in fact, last fall he thanked me for making sure the deer get fattened up on my apples for him....hahahahahaha, of course I hit him when he said that....

the lighthouse tour would be awesome....the hubby and I have visited 4 lighthouses, but have a few to go just to finish Maine.... our regular beach that is fairly private with no one around, ever...is a Lighthouse beach....near here.

Here are the deer pics I posted on USMB, some are good pics, some it was dark and bad pics...

Deer In Yard Today, Under Wild Apple Tree | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Very nice! Almost makes Me reconsider giving up meat! lol

Nice...

Thanks for the pics...

My kind of nature.....

I don't eat them!!!! And I don't kill them!!!!

But my neighbors do, they love Venison...it's a regular weekly meal for them!

BE PREPARED if you do the Maine Lighthouse tour and come here on vacation...

the hubby and I used to come up and vacation here, once we made it up to above the Mid Coast, we fell in love with it and KNEW in our heart of hearts, we were going to move here some day, come hell or high water....it took us about 5-6 years to wind down our lives, sell our home and Just Do It.

Nice...

Thanks for the pics...

My kind of nature.....

the hubby and I used to come up and vacation here, once we made it up to above the Mid Coast, we fell in love with it and KNEW in our heart of hearts, we were going to move here some day, come hell or high water....it took us about 5-6 years to wind down our lives, sell our home and Just Do It.
Well, not a danger because I have to get My act in line....doc found a blockage so I'm off meat, dairy, poultry.....if it has a face or a mother, its safe from My table. lol

From what I've seen in your pics....I'm already smitten...but there is little danger of My living there......I thought winters in PA were brutal....I'd not even want to try a Maine winter.....This California boy don't do that kind of cold....

My kind of nature.....

Well, not a danger because I have to get My act in line....doc found a blockage so I'm off meat, dairy, poultry.....if it has a face or a mother, its safe from My table. lol

From what I've seen in your pics....I'm already smitten...but there is little danger of My living there......I thought winters in PA were brutal....I'd not even want to try a Maine winter.....This California boy don't do that kind of cold....
I'm a Florida girl, the hubby born and bread in Florida....we moved up to New England for a job offer I had gotten many years ago....You'd be surprised what you can get used to....acclimated to.

If you live on the coast of Maine, the snow is not as bad as it would be if you lived inland, and it is warmer winters on the coast...still cold but much better than the rest of the State....

What we like the most, is few people and more Nature. No traffic jams, no bumper to bumper traffic, no horns, no lights at night, just the clear dark sky and stars...and the sounds of coyote in the distance....

Sorry about your bockage...can't they do something besides change your diet?

My kind of nature.....

I'm a Florida girl, the hubby born and bread in Florida....we moved up to New England for a job offer I had gotten many years ago....You'd be surprised what you can get used to....acclimated to.

If you live on the coast of Maine, the snow is not as bad as it would be if you lived inland, and it is warmer winters on the coast...still cold but much better than the rest of the State....

What we like the most, is few people and more Nature. No traffic jams, no bumper to bumper traffic, no horns, no lights at night, just the clear dark sky and stars...and the sounds of coyote in the distance....

Sorry about your bockage...can't they do something besides change your diet?
That is enticing to be sure.....I do love My solitude and star gazing......I lived for a long time in places like the SF Bay Area and Sacramento....where a quiet night meant few than 2 dozen sirens were hears and the police helicopter only passed over you house twice! But I do get that. SF and much of the California coast is like that...it can be cold in the interior, but the ocean acts as a moderator and keeps the temps more even.....cooler in summer, warmer in winter...

As for the blockage....I agreed to do the diet exercise aspect first....next comes the stantin drugs if a baby aspirin isn't enough....the goal is to get My cholesterol down below 150 for the good, 80 for the bad.......if those won't work, they're talking stents.....

I'll avoid that if possible.

It was not immediately clear what had caused the birds to die but one official said there were “no obvious signs of trauma with these birds,” according to Candy Thomson, a spokeswoman for the Maryland Natural Resources Police.

The discovery of 13 dead bald eagles was the largest single incident in decades for the state, officials said. At least three of the birds were mature, with the signature white heads and brown bodies. Two of the birds were close to being mature birds, officials said, and the rest were considered immature birds with no white feathers.

“It’s been 30 years since we’ve seen anything like this involving this many dead bald eagles,” Thomson said. “Three mature eagles, the ones we all love that look like the national bird, are gone.”

“It’s sad that we have three eagles of mating ability that have been eliminated from our population.”

A reward of $2,500 is being offered for information in the case.

Thirteen bald eagles found dead on Maryland farm in unusual incident

Forum List

Back