The American Ass

Make fresh fruits and vegetables as affordable as McDonalds.

There's also the fact that McDonald's tastes 1, 000X better.

i think there's a definite connection between the sophistication of the palate and fattyhood.

contrary to intuition, i've found foodies, to include myself, are be less likely to be garbage-loving over-eaters - less likely to be fat.

indeed

a good start would be to follow the rule of my house related to food - if it has trans fat or high fructose corn syrup than the answer is no!

We (my wife and I) defeated our wide American asses with P90X. An hour a day of ass kicking exercise 5-6 days a week.

Amazing, exercise really works. Of course we don't eat a bunch of shit either. Very little processed food. Sugar is fine, if it's unrefined and kept to a minimum. Chemicals and chemical concoctions have been banned from the kitchen. I'm 6'1" and 182 pounds. Not solid muscle, but pretty damned good for someone who's going to be 46 next month. (My last workout I did over 100 pull ups along with a lot of other exercises).

Stay tuned, washboard abs coming next month!

Can you post a picture of you at 22 in 1986?

I don't know. There are no buts allowed in my family, but we sure have a lot of asses. Smart ones, dumb ones , little ones, big ones. You know the drill. Pappadave

The reality is very simple. If you eat too much you get a fat ass. It has little to do with what kind of food you eat. Pappadave.

corn and mcdonalds are scapegoats for folks who eat too much and sit down a lot. this is privately subsidized by plus size stores and big is beautiful propaganda.

Yes, it doesn't take much imagination to understand that if individuals don't exercise, and eat too much, then they'll get fat.

But, perhaps there's a reason people eat too much, and don't exercise? Why?

It probably won't hurt you (I could be wrong) to think beyond the obvious. If a country is floating on a sea of corn syrup, then the people in that county will probaly get fat, and not excersise.

Even as few as 150 years ago, a mere three to four generations, you could tell if someone was dirt poor because they were skinny and malnourished. Conversely, if you met a fat man, your first assumption was that he was a man of means.

What does that say about Americas chubbos? I see truly obese folks and chubby to plump folks every day who consider themselves among Americas poor - and they're not wrong - when I talk to them, the are poor enough to be receiving government hand-outs like medicaid and food stamps.

Is this reality a reflection of modern American 'poor' not really being poor compared to historical 'poor', or a true problem with the food supply, especially "cheap" food?

Last edited:
Even as few as 150 years ago, a mere three to four generations, you could tell if someone was dirt poor because they were skinny and malnourished. Conversely, if you met a fat man, your first assumption was that he was a man of means.

What does that say about Americas chubbos? I see truly obese folks and chubby to plump folks every day who consider themselves among Americas poor - and they're not wrong - when I talk to them, the are poor enough to be receiving government hand-outs like medicaid and food stamps.

Is this reality a reflection of modern American 'poor' not really being poor compared to historical 'poor', or a true problem with the food supply, especially "cheap" food?

Are you saying modern runway models should be compared to historical poor?

or

That being fat no longer is a direct result of being rich?

or

That being poor makes you fat, if all you eat and drink is corn chips and corn syrup?

corn and mcdonalds are scapegoats for folks who eat too much and sit down a lot. this is privately subsidized by plus size stores and big is beautiful propaganda.

Yes, it doesn't take much imagination to understand that if individuals don't exercise, and eat too much, then they'll get fat.

It probably won't hurt you (I could be wrong) to think beyond the obvious. If a country is floating on a sea of corn syrup, then the people in that county will probaly get fat, and not excersise.

aha! i believe that weight gain is obvious: you are taking in more than you are expending.

narrow folks live with an innate recognition of this, fat folks seem to talk about their metabolism, their thyroid, getting enough nutrients, advertising, how expensive eating good is and tasty seas of corn syrup.

even skinny role models get the blame! wtf!???

i think this thinking beyond the obvious idea of yours might be the problem. for those who think about the obvious, the weightloss book can inspire a good laugh. for americans, it is a multi-million dollar industry, no joke at all.

i think this thinking beyond the obvious idea of yours might be the problem. .

I have no doubt you would.

It keeps getting wider and wider and wider...

obesity-epidemic2004.jpg

We still put out top-level elite athletes, Hollywood hard-bodies and scrawny starlets, but what has happened to the majority of us?

Where did we go wrong? Can we roll back the weight as a society? How?

I'll admit I have a bit of "Hockey Ass" but I'm not overweight.

Are you saying modern runway models should be compared to historical poor?

or

That being fat no longer is a direct result of being rich?

or

That being poor makes you fat, if all you eat and drink is corn chips and corn syrup?

I'm saying America's modern poor may be well off compared to histories poor. I'm saying that every culture in the history of this planet would think we were nuts with the resources we spend on weight reduction.

I'm saying a little perspective will cause anyone born in 21st century America to consider themselves 'lucky'.

obesity-epidemic2004.jpg

We still put out top-level elite athletes, Hollywood hard-bodies and scrawny starlets, but what has happened to the majority of us?

What the puck is a "Hockey Ass"?!?

hockey players have padded-ass apparel. or is that ass-padded apparel?

obesity-epidemic2004.jpg

What the puck is a "Hockey Ass"?!?

From skating a lot your ass tends to uhm, develop. Thick thighs, thick ass.

Forum List

Back