The American Ass

We have had things too easy for the past 30-40 years. We can't roll back the weight as a society- we have to do it individually by exerting some self-control.

:(

Thanks Ms Buzz Killington

Buzz_Killington.jpg

It keeps getting wider and wider and wider...

obesity-epidemic2004.jpg

We still put out top-level elite athletes, Hollywood hard-bodies and scrawny starlets, but what has happened to the majority of us?

Where did we go wrong
? Can we roll back the weight as a society? How?

Remote controls for tv, dvd, stereo; ti-vo; play stations and the like; cell phones, laptops, microwaves, take-out/delivery . . . on and on. You know, with a mini-fridge and a catheter, one could plant themselves on the sofa and not have to leave it for days on end!

Move more, eat less. Get a dog so you have to get off your (increasing large) butt. Play volleyball. Run. Lift weights. Eat a banana and pass up the banana cream pie. Simple changes add up. Own your body and take care of it.

*you/your = collective

There is link to IQ and obesity. Lower IQ people tend to be less educated on their health. The map reflects this to a certain degree although there are many other factors involved.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Make fresh fruits and vegetables as affordable as McDonalds.

There's also the fact that McDonald's tastes 1, 000X better.

i think there's a definite connection between the sophistication of the palate and fattyhood.

contrary to intuition, i've found foodies, to include myself, are be less likely to be garbage-loving over-eaters - less likely to be fat.

There are all kinds of reason for overeating and being obese. Some may be uneducated; but for the most part people know junk food can make you fat. Kids are taught about the food pyramid and nutrition labels all through school. A few of the really heavy people I work with are emotional eaters. They don't drink or smoke, but use food to self-medicate. Support groups may work for some; but just like AA and NA, OA only works for those that really want it.

There's no simple solution. If there was, we wouldn't have this problem.

It keeps getting wider and wider and wider...

obesity-epidemic2004.jpg

We still put out top-level elite athletes, Hollywood hard-bodies and scrawny starlets, but what has happened to the majority of us?

Where did we go wrong? Can we roll back the weight as a society? How?

Many Americans are malnourished (we eat too much sugar and fat), we don't get enough exercise, therefore many of us are fat.

What can we do about it?

We can change our lifestyles and eating habits.

Pretty simply to say and very difficult to do.

Can We, The Share-holders begin to insist that the food companies we own put more emphasis on nutrition value, even at the expense of our bottom-line profits?

Are we willing to give up a penny or two in dividends to reduce fat, salt and sugar in the American food supply?

Is it WRONG to put the onus completely on the consumer to make the right choices?

Should we, as a people, LET citizens make all of their own consumption choices - even with the knowledge that allowing us to make our own choices is one of the reasons our health-care costs are so high?

Should smokers and fat folk pay more for their health care?

Last edited:
I have to work to keep weight ON!

In fact, thanks to some recent dental work, I actually lost 12 lbs.

That's 12 lbs that I'll have to work very hard to put back on, incidently, since it will have to replace muscle I lost.

You want to know my secret for keeping the same weight for nearly 40 years?

I don't eat when I'm not actually hungry.

Try skipping a meal once in while, folks.

Go on, you can do it.

Most of you eat out of habit, not because your bodies are really hungry.

Good point...in the form of corn sugar, certainly.

Education - A Zillions Uses for Corn!

Question: Of 10,000 items in a typical grocery store, how many would you guess would contain corn in one form or another?
Answer: At least 2,500 items use corn in some form during the production or processing.

This list excludes items that were fed corn before being stocked in the store.

Americans are fat, because we grow corn, everywhere, and it is cheap.

corn and mcdonalds are scapegoats for folks who eat too much and sit down a lot. this is privately subsidized by plus size stores and big is beautiful propaganda.

We (my wife and I) defeated our wide American asses with P90X. An hour a day of ass kicking exercise 5-6 days a week.

Amazing, exercise really works. Of course we don't eat a bunch of shit either. Very little processed food. Sugar is fine, if it's unrefined and kept to a minimum. Chemicals and chemical concoctions have been banned from the kitchen. I'm 6'1" and 182 pounds. Not solid muscle, but pretty damned good for someone who's going to be 46 next month. (My last workout I did over 100 pull ups along with a lot of other exercises).

Stay tuned, washboard abs coming next month!

Forum List

Back