The American Ass

antagon

The Man
Dec 6, 2009
It keeps getting wider and wider and wider...

obesity-epidemic2004.jpg

We still put out top-level elite athletes, Hollywood hard-bodies and scrawny starlets, but what has happened to the majority of us?

Where did we go wrong? Can we roll back the weight as a society? How?

shouldn't we just eat the salad on the dollar menu at mcdonalds? i'm not the mickey d's type, but it is not their fault. they have gone out of their way to reform their menu, and they have always had small portions in my opinion.

i think that preparing food costs more time, but i argue, having been vegan for a few years, that the misconception of financial cost associated with plants is absurd. a happy meal is the same price as 10 pounds of potatoes or 3 pounds of carrots.

no fucking way we can stop it. Next time Mcdonalds stock takes a dive I'm in.

obesity-epidemic2004.jpg

We still put out top-level elite athletes, Hollywood hard-bodies and scrawny starlets, but what has happened to the majority of us?

Conscience. ;)

obesity-epidemic2004.jpg

Many Americans are malnourished (we eat too much sugar and fat), we don't get enough exercise, therefore many of us are fat.

What can we do about it?

We can change our lifestyles and eating habits.

Pretty simply to say and very difficult to do.

My morbidly obese Aunt and Uncle call it a "lifestyle choice" and that we should mind our own business. Never mind that he had a stroke and she is always on the phone to anyone who will listen complaining about being "trapped in this body".

When I was a kid, McDonalds and other fast food was seen for what it is: Snack Food. Now it's seen as an actual nutritious meal. How did that happen?

My morbidly obese Aunt and Uncle call it a "lifestyle choice" and that we should mind our own business. Never mind that he had a stroke and she is always on the phone to anyone who will listen complaining about being "trapped in this body".

When I was a kid, McDonalds and other fast food was seen for what it is: Snack Food. Now it's seen as an actual nutritious meal. How did that happen?

I don't think anyone's under the delusion that it's "nutritious," really.

That's for damn sure.:D

We collectively got lazy and self-indulgent. A good percentage of us are also a bit neurotic, and food is used as comfort and as a nervous habit.

We have had things too easy for the past 30-40 years. We can't roll back the weight as a society- we have to do it individually by exerting some self-control.

Forum List

Back