The Amazing Race

Adam's Apple

Apr 25, 2004
Anyone on the board watch "The Amazing Race" on TV? Do you think it was a reality show or "scripted"? I vote for the latter. In the final episode, Rob and Amber were leading right up to the point where they were almost ready to cross the finish line, and then all at once, here comes Uchenna and Joyce, with Rob and Amber nowhere in sight. No explanation how Uchenna and Joyce got ahead of Rob and Amber. Did I miss something? They had given Uchenna and Joyce impossible challenges to overcome in the final episode, so I guess we should have assumed they would end up being the winners of the million dollars. Good show, good TV, the underdog comes up the winner!

Adam's Apple said:
Anyone on the board watch "The Amazing Race" on TV? Do you think it was a reality show or "scripted"? I vote for the latter. In the final episode, Rob and Amber were leading right up to the point where they were almost ready to cross the finish line, and then all at once, here comes Uchenna and Joyce, with Rob and Amber nowhere in sight. No explanation how Uchenna and Joyce got ahead of Rob and Amber. Did I miss something? They had given Uchenna and Joyce impossible challenges to overcome in the final episode, so I guess we should have assumed they would end up being the winners of the million dollars. Good show, good TV, the underdog comes up the winner!

It's the only reality show I really watch....I really thought Rob and Amber were going to win, in fact I hgoped they would win just to piss everyone else off. They played very well. I don't know if it's scripted, I don't think so, no one could script some of the stuff said on that show. Rob and Amber got slowed down when she had to dive off the bridge and was the last one to do it. That's when Uchena and Joyce got bumped up to first.

Rob and Amber passed them on the road to the final destination and arrived there first. They had gotten out of their car and were running up the path to the building. Then we see Uchenna and Joyce driving up, getting out of their car, and start running up the path behind Rob and Amber. The next scene showed Uchenna and Joyce arriving at the platform ahead of Rob and Amber. I guess we are to assume Uchenna and Joyce outran Rob and Amber. Hard to believe. I really found the entire final show hard to believe.

Rob and Amber had a cabbie who got lost trying to find the 'King of Havana' in Miami, and Uchenna and Joyce had a cabbie who spoke Spanish, and who found it right away.

Adam's Apple said:

Great show, although I haven't watched in awhile. I LOVE the Contender also! I hope it doesn't get axed.

Adam's Apple said:
Rob and Amber passed them on the road to the final destination and arrived there first. They had gotten out of their car and were running up the path to the building. Then we see Uchenna and Joyce driving up, getting out of their car, and start running up the path behind Rob and Amber. The next scene showed Uchenna and Joyce arriving at the platform ahead of Rob and Amber. I guess we are to assume Uchenna and Joyce outran Rob and Amber. Hard to believe. I really found the entire final show hard to believe.

Remember though Uchenna and Joyce arrived at the gate first but didn't have the money to pay the taxi so they started begging, that's when Rob and Amber were driving there. I don't remember seeing the part you are referring to, if that's true then I can't imagine Rob and Amber being out run by anyone much less Uchenna And Joyce? Sometimes for the sake of good TV they show the two teams looking like they are close jsut to confuse the viewer as to who is actually going to get there first.

Thank you for your discussion and input. I just felt Rob and Amber got robbed, and that just ruined the entire program for me. I always enjoyed "The Amazing Race" until that episode. I hope they will run the final show again so we can take another look. I very well could have had a distraction toward the end of the program and missed something that explained why Uchenna and Joyce won. But right now I have no idea how it happened that they won.

Adam's Apple said:
Thank you for your discussion and input. I just felt Rob and Amber got robbed, and that just ruined the entire program for me. I always enjoyed "The Amazing Race" until that episode. I hope they will run the final show again so we can take another look. I very well could have had a distraction toward the end of the program and missed something that explained why Uchenna and Joyce won. But right now I have no idea how it happened that they won.

Well there is the Rob and Amber wedding reality show coming up...LOL They got a nice hefty deal for that :thup:

Forum List

Back