The all new end of year APOLOGY thread

Liability

Locked Account.
Jun 28, 2009
Mansion in Ravi's Head
There is just a simple premise for this thread. (I tried this once at that other place, and I don't think it panned out. This may not either, but I am altering the set-up a bit, so we will have to wait and see.)

The premise is: if it mattered, and by making an apology for one stupid or hurtful thing you've done or said, you could start the process of actually making amends, what would you choose as the one thing you most would like to publicly apologize for having done or said? NOTE: it doesn't have to be related to anything you've posted at USMB, but it could be that, too.

Example: I try to be a good parent by raising my kids with some real values without stamping out their independent spirits. I feel as though I have fallen short of the mark, though. I'd apologize to my kids for becoming (on occasion) the snarling, angry, loud parental unit rather than the calm, even-keel Father Knows Best kind of rational thinker I would prefer to be. {My apology won't accomplish a single thing, but if it could, that would be the one for me this past year.}

• Thanks
Reactions: del
I would like to say I'm sorry to Obama for calling him a simple idiot. Truth of the matter is, he's a big fucking idiot and there's nothing simple about him. I am sorry I made this mistake. Please forgive me.

I would like to apologize to all the Liberals on this board for calling them 'Libtards', a combination of the words 'Liberal' and 'Retard'. Since it is common knowledge that Liberals are retarded, calling them a 'Liberal' should suffice.

I think folks are missing the point.
I know what I would have to apologize for, but it is too painful to air on a message board in any great detail.

I would like to apologize to my kids for messing things up very badly two years ago. I would also like to thank them for being so understanding about it.

Oh...! Did I say that? :redface:

don't forget the commandments... one is supposed to love and honor these people.

There are times when it is real real hard, but it is necessary for good health

And sometimes, 500 miles is just to close for comfort

There is just a simple premise for this thread. (I tried this once at that other place, and I don't think it panned out. This may not either, but I am altering the set-up a bit, so we will have to wait and see.)

The premise is: if it mattered, and by making an apology for one stupid or hurtful thing you've done or said, you could start the process of actually making amends, what would you choose as the one thing you most would like to publicly apologize for having done or said? NOTE: it doesn't have to be related to anything you've posted at USMB, but it could be that, too.

Example: I try to be a good parent by raising my kids with some real values without stamping out their independent spirits. I feel as though I have fallen short of the mark, though. I'd apologize to my kids for becoming (on occasion) the snarling, angry, loud parental unit rather than the calm, even-keel Father Knows Best kind of rational thinker I would prefer to be. {My apology won't accomplish a single thing, but if it could, that would be the one for me this past year.}

My parents apologized to me for being human, i.e. they did their best, made mistakes and tried to learn from them. My mom called me "the experiment" since I was the oldest. At first I didn't get it but later in life it hit hard and helped me overcome some serious personal issues I had and was able to forgive not only them but also myself.
Ergo, don't worry, your kids will eventually figure it out and appreciate your apology.

My parents apologized to me for being human, i.e. they did their best, made mistakes and tried to learn from them. My mom called me "the experiment" since I was the oldest. At first I didn't get it but later in life it hit hard and helped me overcome some serious personal issues I had and was able to forgive not only them but also myself.
Ergo, don't worry, your kids will eventually figure it out and appreciate your apology.

I wasn't planning on actually sharing my apology with my kids. The elder child would look at me like I had two heads (she can't count too well; it's clearly three) and consider it a sign of weakness on my part, at this point in her life, I fear. And my younger child would look at me blankly, mock my effort, ignore it entirely and find himself wandering to his room to play his favorite computer game before the echoes died. I can't even project my wife's reaction! :eek:

I think this one will have to be more or less in the form of me trying to remember this and doing something about it in the coming year.

Thanks for your post. Have a Happy, Healthy and prosperous New Year.

...And my younger child would look at me blankly, mock my effort, ignore it entirely and find himself wandering to his room to play his favorite computer game before the echoes died...

Is it just me or does that sound EXACTLY like how Liability would have handled it as a young boy...

He must love you very much to imitate you so adroitly. :D

I wasn't planning on actually sharing my apology with my kids. The elder child would look at me like I had two heads (she can't count too well; it's clearly three) and consider it a sign of weakness on my part, at this point in her life, I fear. And my younger child would look at me blankly, mock my effort, ignore it entirely and find himself wandering to his room to play his favorite computer game before the echoes died. I can't even project my wife's reaction! :eek:

I think this one will have to be more or less in the form of me trying to remember this and doing something about it in the coming year.

Thanks for your post. Have a Happy, Healthy and prosperous New Year.

I was in my mid 20s.

...And my younger child would look at me blankly, mock my effort, ignore it entirely and find himself wandering to his room to play his favorite computer game before the echoes died...

Is it just me or does that sound EXACTLY like how Liability would have handled it as a young boy...

As a yute I never skulked off to my room to play computer games.

Dark ages and all.

Ahh what happened to the whippings to keep the youth in line. That type of rearing raised some of the best generations of Americans.

Just saying now... ;)

As a yute I never skulked off to my room to play computer games.

Dark ages and all.

I'm thinking....drums

All teens have the stuff to put up walls, be it drums, videogames or oozys in the garage. Unless their parents ignored them so much that they actually relished the attention even as a teen (which is probably the saddest scenario of all).

My youngest has definately set up the barriers but I see that as healthy. I'd be worried if he clung to my apron at his age. Sometimes it hurts though but all I gotta do is remember being that age...heh, if he was anything like me I wouldn't let him out of the house.

We had a misunderstanding a few months back and I was devestated at what I THOUGHT he had done (long story). I announced that's it, I'm moving back to the mountains, to heck with everybody else and what they want. It all blew over when I found out what I thought wasn't true at all...but he was so cute, he announced a few days later that he was going to have LOTS of kids and he thought he would raise them RIGHT HERE.

:lol: he knows EXACTLY what to say to keep me around.

(still moving home someday though, God willing)

so L, *drums* <---- am I close?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back