The Al Franken-Rush Limbaugh effect

"At the same time, his show is dominated by blatantly misguided or instigating remarks as well. That's why he gets so much negative reaction as well."

And which remarks are these? ive noticed liberals always crtisize rush as a person and never explain which points he is wrong on and why he is wrong. Its always rush is a liar, your a braindead sheep for believing him. so im just like if rush is so wrong, what is he wrong about? I mean dont get me wrong i dont agree with everything he says but i can totally understand his points. they are very clear and very logical. Which is why liberals have such a problem with him. He presents Conservatism in a very logical manner that appeals to people in a way their postmodern, relative truth, way doesnt.

"Rush is a raddical right winger, 20 million people listen to this guy on the regular. That's more than i can say listen to Franken on the regular. If you don't like the truth turn off your raido. "

Turn off the radio sounds easy. But this week weve seen that, if you turn off the radio toward Rush you are being smart, if you turn off the radio to Howard Stern you are censoring him.

Originally posted by Avatar4321

Turn off the radio sounds easy. But this week weve seen that, if you turn off the radio toward Rush you are being smart, if you turn off the radio to Howard Stern you are censoring him.
That's pretty good.

So im just like if rush is so wrong, what is he wrong about? I mean dont get me wrong i dont agree with everything he says but i can totally understand his points.

I've already mentioned some area where I disagree with Rush.
Since you're so interested in this topic, let's see you chime in as well.... What is it that you say that you don't agree with Rush about, when you say " i dont agree with everything he says"?

Originally posted by LoneVoice
I've already mentioned some area where I disagree with Rush.

Not really. You've called him a hypocrite, attacked his character, called him a liar in general, and revealed the fact that you don't really listen to him.

rtwng ,
Forgive him he knows not what he is talking about . He is obviously unable to look at Rush or what he says objectively . It is basically a waste of time to argue with someone who has no knowledge about the subject he is arguing about.

"Since you're so interested in this topic, let's see you chime in as well.... What is it that you say that you don't agree with Rush about, when you say " i dont agree with everything he says"?"

I dont agree with him when he says the Eagles are going to lose:p

"Since you're so interested in this topic, let's see you chime in as well.... What is it that you say that you don't agree with Rush about, when you say " i dont agree with everything he says"?"

I dont agree with him when he says the Eagles are going to lose:p

Hey! I agree with you on that one... Had a big discussion about the Eagles & McNabb in a different thread...

I guress you wouldn't want to make any other comments, where you disagree with Rush for fear that the staunch ditto heads might rebel against ya.

We're going to let you destroy your life. We're going to make it easy and then all of us who accept the responsibilities of life and don't destroy our lives on drugs, we'll pay for whatever messes you get into."
-- Rush Limbaugh show, Dec. 9, 1993

"I'm appalled at people who simply want to look at all this abhorrent behavior and say people are going to do drugs anyway let's legalize it. It's a dumb idea. It's a rotten idea and those who are for it are purely 100 percent selfish."
-- Rush Limbaugh show, Dec 9, 1993

"If (Surgeon General Jocelyn Elders) wants to legalize drugs, send the people who want to do drugs to London and Zurich, and let's be rid of them.
-- Rush Limbaugh show, Dec 9, 1993

"There's nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.

"What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too."
-- Rush Limbaugh show, Oct. 5, 1995

Hey Lone Head ,
How much time are you and people like you going to spend researching and combing over every word Rush has said in the last 10 years . Why aren't you guys doing that with politicians like John Kerry-Heinz or Ted Kennedy . You people are so full of hate , You guys are haters!
The fact of the matter is , we don't care about what you say about Rush . We all realize that he is a talk show host , he is not the Messiah, I know that will come as a surprise to you guyswho want to lump all of his listeners as nothing more than mind numbed robots following a pied piper , you are wrong .
Besides , there is a huge difference between someone under doctors presciption getting addicted to painkillers and still leading an incredibly productive life and the crack head who started for recreational use and is now sticking a gun in your ribs to support his addiction . You want to say they are equal , they are not .

Originally posted by sitarro
Hey Lone Head ,
How much time are you and people like you going to spend researching and combing over every word Rush has said in the last 10 years . Why aren't you guys doing that with politicians like John Kerry-Heinz or Ted Kennedy . You people are so full of hate , You guys are haters!

To answer your question... it doesn't take me much time at all. That's the point. Rush says enough bone headed or hypocritical things all the time. So, it's easy to find examples like that. It took me less than 5 minutes.

At the same time too, if you look at some of those quotes, Rush phrases some things well, and there's an overall message that he's conveying. A portion of alot of what he's saying, I agree with. His problem is when he goes overboard, and is too one-sidedly dogged about his point, then he can find himself putting his foot in his mouth, very readily.

These are just some examples of that.

Once again here's that deflection technique. Rush has the finger pointed at him, so you try to deflect by pointing the finger at someone else, and say what about him.

Well, truth is. I'm not sold on Kerry either. Some of his statements/actions don't seem to mesh as well. You have to be able to look at his overall message and ideas, and assess whether that's better than the alternative, Bush. Some of Bush's agendas and policies are quite anti-American - the patriot act, preemption policy (if too extreme), big business bed partners/special interests, and Christian religion over civil liberties. You have to look at the whole picture for the candidates, and make an assessment based on that. It's not for the right wing to try to state what the Democrat policy is. Nor is it for the left wing to try to state what the Republican policy is. The opposite party is just a check and balance against what they are doing, or say they are doing. That's how the system works.

The fact of the matter is , we don't care about what you say about Rush . We all realize that he is a talk show host , he is not the Messiah, I know that will come as a surprise to you guyswho want to lump all of his listeners as nothing more than mind numbed robots following a pied piper , you are wrong .
Besides , there is a huge difference between someone under doctors presciption getting addicted to painkillers and still leading an incredibly productive life and the crack head who started for recreational use and is now sticking a gun in your ribs to support his addiction . You want to say they are equal , they are not .

That's my point as well. Rush is a talk show host, not the Messiah. By definition a ditto head is nothing more than a mind numbed robot following a pied piper.

I agree, there is a difference between the two. Although much of their behaviors are quite similar, especially if you look at some of Rush's behavior. The point is that awhile ago, the ditto heads had the more extreme stance on the issue. Now, that Rush got busted for his drug use, the stance is now shifting to become more moderate.

It looks to me like our whole war on drugs policy is a failure. It just isn't working. Can't we all just come to the table (without spewing left and right wing rhetoric), and just consider the issue to see if we can come up with a better solution. Just consider it. For example, I've seen enough infomation that suggests that Marijuana can be used for beneficial uses. For example, medical marijuana. I personally know a number of people, who use it for those purposes and like Rush, are also leading a productive life (which they wouldn't be likely to do without the marijuana). It also seems that Marijuana can be managed much more responsibly than alcohol. For example, we don't have, nor have need for a national Toking While Under the Influence policy. When the medical marijuana issue has been put forth in a referendum and brought up for a vote in some cities, it has passed. Yet, irregardless of the people's opinion it has been rejected.

You know i dont see anything wrong with those quotes from Rush. I mean yeah he did get addicted to pain killers later on in life, but he was absolutely right in alot of quotes. Him not living up to what he said doesnt make him less right about it.

One in particular which i find very true is his comments on the argument that we cant stop people from doing it we may as well legalize it. Its the dumbest argument there is. we cant stop people from murdering others, i suppose we should legalize that too. I mean come on thats common sense.

You know i dont see anything wrong with those quotes from Rush. I mean yeah he did get addicted to pain killers later on in life, but he was absolutely right in alot of quotes. Him not living up to what he said doesnt make him less right about it.

One in particular which i find very true is his comments on the argument that we cant stop people from doing it we may as well legalize it. Its the dumbest argument there is. we cant stop people from murdering others, i suppose we should legalize that too. I mean come on thats common sense.

Do you drink alcohol? Originally America had an abolishionist policy with regards to alcohol. Now it's a normal accept policy for our society and life. As a society we would never go back to abolishing alcohol, because in many cases the crimes against it were more severe than any negative outcomes.

Consider that some of our drug policies on marijuana are more severe than the outcomes. This is especially true when you consider that marijuana has some medicinal effects which allows them to function more effectively in society.

But, of course, everything in moderation, and people must utilize responsibly.

Originally posted by LoneVoice
Do you drink alcohol? Originally America had an abolishionist policy with regards to alcohol.

The US did not origianlly have prohibition, not until January 16 1920 was prohibiton in the constitution.

"Do you drink alcohol? Originally America had an abolishionist policy with regards to alcohol. Now it's a normal accept policy for our society and life. As a society we would never go back to abolishing alcohol, because in many cases the crimes against it were more severe than any negative outcomes. "

No i dont drink alcohol. Some people may enjoy it, but the last thing i need is a drug to make my problems worse by pretending they dont exist. I know we will probably never return to prohibitions, but we never really should have left it to begin with. Thousands of lives would have been saved and Americans would think alot more clearly.

Oh, and by the way, whenever you pass a law crimes increase, because there are more laws to break. That doesnt mean you eliminate the crime by eliminating the law, it means your enforce the law. As i said before, People murder others regardless of the law. Will repealing the law against murder stop murder?

I dont think enacting a law will stop bad actions, but it may start some. What we need to do is reawaken Americans to virtue and responsibility. We were awakened a bit on 911, but since then a nameless party has been trying to pretend 911 didnt happen and some of the people are falling asleep again. I think we can have a Great Reawakening in the nation. Ive seen remarkable young men and women at my age who are understanding the principles of the Rennaisance, reformation, and Enlightenment, and more importantly the principles of the Gospel which all of those were founded on. Its another thing i agree with Rush about. Yesterday he was speaking about the young conservatives rising up to great another Greatest Generation. We understand our impact on the world and we are going to make it better.

No i dont drink alcohol. Some people may enjoy it, but the last thing i need is a drug to make my problems worse by pretending they dont exist.
I hope you are not of the opinion that the majority of people who choose to drink alcohol do so to pretend anything about themselves.

There's a huge difference. Rush is a brilliant political analyst and debater.

Change is
GOOD!!!

November 18, 2012

Losing Altitude
FAST
!!!

"Rush Limbaugh's talk radio career is in a slow downward spiral in part because of the activism of consumers, volunteers, and activists who seek to hold Rush accountable for his hate speech. One very active group in this cause is Flush Rush on Facebook. Flush Rush and other, similar groups use the StopRush Database to inform advertisers about where their ads are appearing."

limbaughPig.jpg

There's a huge difference. Rush is a brilliant political analyst and debater. Franken is an idiot.

As for the mentioned windbaginess, I find people with small egos to be incredibly boring!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Breath.....

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Funniest post of the day.

Forum List

Back