The AI threat isn't skynet it's the end of the middle class

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
upload_2017-5-31_20-4-57.png

The AI Threat Isn’t Skynet. It’s the End of the Middle Class
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So according to this article this will take place because there will be fewer middle class jobs being created. Sound a bit logical.

The rich are the biggest threat to our middle class.

There's no question that we will need to rethink our economic system when AI takes over our economy...I think hard labor will become history when robotics can do it.
That makes no sense the rich don't get richer without a middle class.

View attachment 130047

The AI Threat Isn’t Skynet. It’s the End of the Middle Class
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So according to this article this will take place because there will be fewer middle class jobs being created. Sound a bit logical.

Yes, "robots will do everything better than us," Musk said. But he's worried about more than the job market.

"AI is a fundamental existential risk for human civilization, and I don't think people fully appreciate that,"

He said he has access to cutting-edge AI technology, and that based on what he's seen, AI is "the scariest problem."

Musk told the governors that AI calls for precautionary, proactive government intervention: "I think by the time we are reactive it's too late.

He was clearly not thrilled to make that argument, calling regulation generally "not fun" and "irksome," but he said that in the case of AI, the risks are too high to allow AI to develop unfettered.

"I think people should be really concerned about it," Musk said. "I keep sounding the alarm bell."

In 2014, he likened AI developers to people summoning demons they think they can control. In 2015, he signed a letter warning of the risk of an AI arms race.

a project designed to make AI tech open-source, which he asserts will prevent it from being controlled by one company. And earlier this year, Maureen Dowd wrote a lengthy piece for Vanity Fair about Musk's "crusade to stop the A.I. apocalypse."

"Once there is awareness, people will be extremely afraid," Musk said. "As they should be."

• Banned

There's no question that we will need to rethink our economic system when AI takes over our economy...I think hard labor will become history when robotics can do it.

WHen you pay attention the MIDDLE class is being wiped out. Duuuh And they take the money of the middle class to do it all. Liberal suckers just keep bending over saying okay which way to do we go lalalal

Nonsense. I'll give you an example. Remember the movie Newsies? The newspaper Giants were killing it but they wanted to maximize profits so they cut into what they paid their newspaper boys. So much they went on strike.

Also, we left England because they had a small ruling class, small merchant class and the poor masses. Because the rich control our government now we're headed back that way

The middle class did not exist until unions were formed. Now, automation is making human labor obsolete, thus killing the power that unions have. Human labor in unskilled fields will continue as long as workers are willing to work in near slave conditions, but not in the U.S. because Americans are not willing to do that. Those jobs will continue disappearing as technology rolls on regardless, though. The solution is to get an education and develop skills, which is the greatest advantage that U.S. citizens have over the rest of the world, because we have that opportunity moreso than anybody else. Though conservatives are trying to give that away as quickly as possible.

Forum List

Back