The Administration NEEDS To Get The Word Out

Discussion in 'Middle East - General' started by Annie, Sep 22, 2005.

1. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    People don't understand more than they read in the paper or hear on the news. It's the job of the administration that the public does make the connections with clear examples and analysis. Links at site:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/Commentary/blog_9_19_05_0945.html

2. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    A HUGE problem with the Republicans is they do not defend themselves and refute crap like this and other blatant BS. People believe this crap.

3. Annie

Annie Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,770
    Yup, agreed. It may well be one of the 'best run' administrations regarding leaking; timeliness, Katrina the example that proves the rule; staying on message; and loyalty. They have been horrendous though on communication-something GW should have learned about Ronald Reagan.

As long as I'm discussing 'staying on message', does the Katrina response remind anyone else of where this administration appeared heading in August of 2001? Compassionate conservativism of this ilk is not what I thought it was. I really had been dreading the domestic administration, then things changed. Katrina seems to have changed many things back, not for the better.

4. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356

As much as they try to seem above it all, it does harm their image. People see it as being smug and indignant not confident or parental. They do need to do a better job at PR. The message isnt getting there. Sometimes you have to defend these claims. The problem is you give them credence when you do defend them and then the claims become more irrational. Thus it makes it seem like they are more true to those that believe the news.

I think PR has been Bush's biggest downfall. He has done the right thing most of the time and gone about it the right way, but his marketing campaign has been abysmal in selling it to the American People. They are left to believe what they see on TV or read in the newspaper which is mostly fabrication.

5. Gunny

Gunny Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,770
    I agree. I recall at the time wondering WHEN Bush I was actually going to campaign for office against Clinton. It cost him a second term, IMO. Bush II doesn't seem to have learned from daddy's mistakes.

At the same time, who was the last President to face as many potential or real calamities as Bush has? From 9/11 to Abu Ghraib, to GTMO, to Katrina and now Rita, he really hasn't had much time to focus on anything but reacting to disaster. IMO, he's done as well as could be expected, and better than most.

But the left puts the worst possible light on it all, and he does absolutely nothing PR-wise to put the facts and the left's lies on the skyline.

Heh ..... Nixon would have had Hoover investigating them all. :laugh: