The Actual Effects Of Racism…

"It is only recently that Blacks who got an education got to use that education ..."

That's false.

The Liberals/Democrats retarded the advance of black Americans....and still do.
I'm not going down your rabbit hole of rewriting history but you claim my statement is false and then appear to say it is true. Sorry, you don't get to have it both ways.

You're a dunce.

I document, link and source everything I post.
I give a true picture of history....not what they fed you in government school.

I admit it must have been painful for you, my noting that you don't read.
Good.

When karma finally hits you in the face, I will be there, just in case it needs some help.
And you're a bot, you key on a word, e.g., 'history' and provide a canned reply. There is no one better at a good cut & paste than you, it's only when you actually have to respond with your own thoughts you have to revert to insults. They do allow you to divert attention when you have no counter to an argument, such as "you claim my statement is false and then appear to say it is true".

Wow....pointing out how dumb you are really hit a nerve.

"...provide a canned reply."

It's called scholarly documentation.

"....it's only when you actually have to respond with your own thoughts ...."

Everything I post is my own thoughts, you dunce.

Let's be honest. You don't have the insight, intelligence, or education to either understand or respond to the OP. All you can do is swing wildly.
As you have.
Just what any good bot would reply. I note you still have no counter to an argument, such as "you claim my statement is false and then appear to say it is true". You're in need of some reprogramming I fear.

We do things my way.

Learn how to deal with your betters.

And provide a canned reply.
And there you have it folks. "Truth" to a liberal is a canned reply. It use to amaze me how stupid a liberal was, but after seeing what the public education system producing day in and day out, I realize why they do it.
You're obviously not a coder or you'd recognize the recurring patterns in PoliticalChic replies. Do you know other users on USMB that have such an extensive library of material that is constantly recycled? Very bot-like.

Many factors are more important in outcomes, than the chimera, racism.

6. “Social justice warriors ignore many differences that have little or nothing to do with discrimination but have an enormous impact on outcomes. Age is one of those factors. Median age differences between groups, sometimes of a decade or two will have an enormous impact on observed group outcomes. The median age for American Jews is slightly over 50 years old and that of Latinos is 28. Just on median age alone, would one be surprised at significant group income disparity and other differences related to age?

A study of National Merit Scholarship finalists found that firstborn children were finalists far more often than their younger siblings. In the U.S. and other countries such as Britain and Germany, the firstborn's IQs were higher than their siblings. Among medical students, a high proportion are firstborn. Sowell asks that if equality of outcomes don't exist among people with the same parents, raised in the same household, why would one expect equality of outcomes elsewhere?

Morally neutral factors such as crop failures, birth order, geographic setting, and demographic or cultural differences are among the reasons why economic and social outcomes fail to fit the preconceived notions of "experts." Discrimination and Disparities II

While the racism myth is important to the future of the Democrat Party, truth is far more important to the future of America.

This truth: there is no racial oppression, no white privilege, no institutional racism in this country.

7. Sometimes the best of intentions go astray.

“I
n December 2018, the New York law firm Paul, Weiss announced its latest class of partners. A scandal erupted: all 12 of the newly promoted lawyers were white, the photo accompanying the announcement revealed. The New York Timespublished a front-page hit job on the firm headlined: 12 WHITE FACES REFLECT BLIND SPOT IN BIG LAW. Nearly 200 corporate general counsels signed an open letter threatening to pull their business from law firms whose partners are not “diverse in race, color, age, gender, gender orientation, sexual orientation, national origin, religion, and without regard to disabilities.”

Paul, Weiss did what every other mainstream institution does today when accused of racial bias: it fell on its sword. Rather than defend his organization against specious charges of discrimination, the firm’s chairman declared his unwavering commitment to “diversity” and promised to do better the next time around.”
Heather Mac Donald
The Partner ChaseThe Social Order

While it is true that all of the lawyers pictured were white, the contumely heaped upon the firm by scolding woke Progressives, had nothing to do with racism. Rather, the selection was based on exactly what makes firms profitable: choosing those who do the best job.

Woe betide the company that chooses policies based on race, notwithstanding the best of intentions.....and woe betide the nation that follows that path as well.

This is why capitalism is anathema to Liberals/Democrats and short-sighted dolts et al.

8. "....despite the firm’s decades-long campaign for “diversity,” its latest partner class did not measure up on that criterion."

And the firm had to be punished....

Democrats/Liberals/Progressives cannot face the painful reality.

"The reality is ...: corporate firms give blacks many second chances. So why are there not more black partners? The same reasons that there are not more black computer engineers or physicians: the academic skills gap and counterproductive racial preferences.

Blacks are hired as summer law interns and first-year associates at rates well above their representation among law school graduates, according to research by UCLA law professor Richard Sander. But because blacks’ law school GPAs on average cluster at the bottom of their class (thanks as well to law school admissions preferences), they enter large firms (defined as having 100 or more lawyers) with academic qualifications a standard deviation below those of incoming white lawyers. Over a fifth of all new white lawyers at large firms have law school GPAs of 3.75 or higher, compared with 2 percent of new black lawyers. By contrast, 2 percent of new white lawyers in big firms have GPAs under 3.0, compared with 14 percent of black lawyers.

These reluctant supervisors are not racist; they simply know from experience that a significant portion of the black associates are less competitively qualified. (Meantime, those black attorneys who are competitively qualified operate under the stigma of a quota system.)

Aware that they are not on the partnership track, black lawyers leave their big-firm employers at two to three times the rate of their white peers. By the time partner decisions roll around, few blacks remain in the pipeline to promote." The Partner Chase

I bet the majority of Liberals/Democrats know that MacDonald has written is true.....

....but are too cowardly to say it out loud.

9. Here is the reality:

“Most large firms, including mine, are eager to diversify, and that is often reflected in hiring decisions at the entry level,” he told me. “But when they get to promoting people to partner, the merit system takes over. If people are hired for reasons other than their ability, they are not going to be able to compete in the race for partnership.”

"...leaders of mainstream institutions would rather cop to false charges of bias than speak the truth about the academic skills gap.

They are not only silent about that gap; they also put their employees through a frenzy of implicit-bias training to overcome the phantom bias that allegedly holds blacks back. This taboo on the truth has another consequence: when leaders refuse to explain the real reason for the lack of diversity, they buttress the poisonous idea that American institutions remain indelibly racist, and the cycle begins anew—more preferences, more unhappy results.

In his diversity mea culpa, chairman Karp insisted: “There is no more important issue to me (and the firm’s leadership) than diversity.” Really? More important than legal acumen and providing the best advice to clients? More important than profits?"
The Partner Chase

Clearly, diversity is more important than truth.

….if there are any.

1.Far too often the basis of the claim, racist, is a perusal of the place each race has in various categories.

It is the current vogue to assign the blame to ‘racism.’

While that ‘test’ is absurd on its face, the danger is that in pointing out the absurdity, one faces the charge of…..being racist.

2.There is this old joke:

The frequency of sexual activity of senior males depends on where they were born. Statistics were just released from Statistics Canada and The United Nations Board of Health Teams.

They revealed that American men between 60 and 80 years of age will, on average, have sex two to three times per week, whereas Japanese men, in exactly the same age group, will have sex only once or twice per year if they are lucky.

This news came as a shock to myself and my golf buddies, as none of us had any idea that we were Japanese.

Silly on the face of it,…..hence, a joke.

These guys are not Japanese, even if they do share this one characteristic of a certain race. So, race is not the factor in this situation.

Yet, when it is income at question, and we find this:

Median Household Income:

Asian $80,720

White $61,349

Hispanic $46,882

Black $38,555

List of ethnic groups in the United States by household income - Wikipedia

What is the assumption as to the reason for the disparity?

Is race/racism the reason for the disparity?

Does the difference in income represent the effect of racism???

Next.
In the American of today, it is culture that determines success. Race/racism is a contributor to culture, not the sole contributor, but still a contributor and the contribution varies by culture.

McWhorter covers that exactly.

He was one of those black folks who did well.....and was harassed for "acting white."

51C%2B020lPOL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

And here, too.
51eupLX5apL.jpg

Joseph C. Phillips, “He Talk Like a White Boy”

"In eighth grade English class, 1974, after I gave what must have been a brilliant and insightful observation, a black girl across the room raised her hand, and announced to the class, “He talk like a white boy!”

What did LaQueesha mean? That is spoke clearly? Intelligently? That some timbre was missing from my voice? That moment was the beginning of my life.

It was suddenly clear that my definition of my black self was unimportant: my membership credentials to the brotherhood were confiscated and ripped to shreds. The way I spoke, the sound of my voice, my diction, clearly meant that I was trying to be something I wasn’t. I was an outsider."

Now....who is responsible for black folks demanding that they be separate from the culture of success?

"It was the misfortune of black Americans that they were just on the verge of passing through the immigrant experience when damaging ideas about welfare and the lenient attitude about crime took hold. It could have happened to the Italians, Germans, Jews or Irish, but luckily for them, there were no Liberals around to “help” when they arrived."
Coulter
We shouldn't forget the unique experience of Blacks brought here as slaves. They were purposely sold so they couldn't speak the same language or share the same culture as other slaves. They ended up inventing their own culture, one where success only meant survival. This is the culture that has been handed down in to Blacks in America. It is only recently that Blacks who got an education got to use that education so it is hardly surprising that getting a good education is not a strong motivator in that culture. Things are certainly changing but change is a slow process when you talk about culture.
Just as a side note, who were enslaving the blacks over in Africa? Other blacks, who brought them to the colonies before it became the United States? Muslim traders from the Ivory Coast. Who bought the slaves over here in the colonies? The British. But the worst part of it all. Who sued the British government to take the indentured servants and make them permanently slaves? A black man. It took 200 years and lots of White Republicans to set the black man free, yet even then the Democrats fought tooth and nail to keep blacks on the plantation.

150929_HIST_SlaveryMyths_1stslave.jpg.CROP.promovar-mediumlarge.jpg

They did not have the ability to take pictures in 1654.

"First off, it should be noted that the man portrayed in the above image isn't Anthony Johnson, but more ironically, Lewis Hayden. It is ironic because Hayden was actually an African-American leader who escaped with his family from slavery in Kentucky. Before the American Civil War, he and his wife aided numerous fugitive slaves on the Underground Railroad, often sheltering them at their house.

Secondly, while the case of Anthony Johnson and John Casor was not a matter of the first slave owner, it might have been the first civil case involving slavery. At the very least this is the first known example of a black man owning either indenture servants or slaves in the colonies. Slaves had been here since 1619, and all slaves had been "legal" slaves (and thus their owners "legal" slave owners) since the first law legalizing slavery passed. The first man to be considered a slave by a court of law was
John Punch, and his owner Hugh Gwyn considered the first slave owner by a court of law.

Other blacks did not bring blacks to the colonies.

In conclusion, a black man did own slaves in Jamestown Va., but he was NOT the first slave owner. The first "20 odd" slaves arrived in 1619 on a Dutch boat and were then sold to Jamestown residents. There were white and black indentured servants then, which differ greatly from slaves. Indentured servitude was not a lifetime deal, but rather a contract to work for a certain number of years in exchange for a safe passage to the Americas.

Furthermore, in 1670, when Johnson died, a court in Virginia ruled that, because "he was a Negro and by consequence an alien," the land owned by Johnson (in Virginia) rightfully belonged to the Crown, meaning that because he was a negro he did not have the legal right to own property to begin with and therefore was not a legal slave owner."

Hoax Alert: First Slave Owner in America WAS NOT a Black Man | Lead Stories

That picture is not Anthony Johnson, nor was Johnson the first to own slaves.

Portrait of Lewis Hayden, 19th century

Lewis Hayden (December 2, 1811 – April 7, 1889) was an African-American leader who escaped with his family from slavery in Kentucky; they moved as refugees to Boston, Massachusetts. There he became an abolitionist and lecturer, businessman, and politician. Before the American Civil War, he and his wife Harriet Hayden aided numerous fugitive slaves on the Underground Railroad, often sheltering them at their house.

Lewis Hayden - Wikipedia

But you're a dumb ass and PC is a retarded Asian teenager.

9. Here is the reality:

“Most large firms, including mine, are eager to diversify, and that is often reflected in hiring decisions at the entry level,” he told me. “But when they get to promoting people to partner, the merit system takes over. If people are hired for reasons other than their ability, they are not going to be able to compete in the race for partnership.”

"...leaders of mainstream institutions would rather cop to false charges of bias than speak the truth about the academic skills gap.

They are not only silent about that gap; they also put their employees through a frenzy of implicit-bias training to overcome the phantom bias that allegedly holds blacks back. This taboo on the truth has another consequence: when leaders refuse to explain the real reason for the lack of diversity, they buttress the poisonous idea that American institutions remain indelibly racist, and the cycle begins anew—more preferences, more unhappy results.

In his diversity mea culpa, chairman Karp insisted: “There is no more important issue to me (and the firm’s leadership) than diversity.” Really? More important than legal acumen and providing the best advice to clients? More important than profits?"
The Partner Chase

Clearly you suffer from an extreme mental disorder.

9. Here is the reality:

The Partner Chase

Clearly you suffer from an extreme mental disorder.

"...an extreme mental disorder."

That's how you refer to knowledge and truth????

….if there are any.

1.Far too often the basis of the claim, racist, is a perusal of the place each race has in various categories.

It is the current vogue to assign the blame to ‘racism.’

While that ‘test’ is absurd on its face, the danger is that in pointing out the absurdity, one faces the charge of…..being racist.

2.There is this old joke:

The frequency of sexual activity of senior males depends on where they were born. Statistics were just released from Statistics Canada and The United Nations Board of Health Teams.

They revealed that American men between 60 and 80 years of age will, on average, have sex two to three times per week, whereas Japanese men, in exactly the same age group, will have sex only once or twice per year if they are lucky.

This news came as a shock to myself and my golf buddies, as none of us had any idea that we were Japanese.

Silly on the face of it,…..hence, a joke.

These guys are not Japanese, even if they do share this one characteristic of a certain race. So, race is not the factor in this situation.

Yet, when it is income at question, and we find this:

Median Household Income:

Asian $80,720

White $61,349

Hispanic $46,882

Black $38,555

List of ethnic groups in the United States by household income - Wikipedia

What is the assumption as to the reason for the disparity?

Is race/racism the reason for the disparity?

Does the difference in income represent the effect of racism???

Next.
In the American of today, it is culture that determines success. Race/racism is a contributor to culture, not the sole contributor, but still a contributor and the contribution varies by culture.

McWhorter covers that exactly.

He was one of those black folks who did well.....and was harassed for "acting white."

51C%2B020lPOL._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

And here, too.
51eupLX5apL.jpg

Joseph C. Phillips, “He Talk Like a White Boy”

"In eighth grade English class, 1974, after I gave what must have been a brilliant and insightful observation, a black girl across the room raised her hand, and announced to the class, “He talk like a white boy!”

What did LaQueesha mean? That is spoke clearly? Intelligently? That some timbre was missing from my voice? That moment was the beginning of my life.

It was suddenly clear that my definition of my black self was unimportant: my membership credentials to the brotherhood were confiscated and ripped to shreds. The way I spoke, the sound of my voice, my diction, clearly meant that I was trying to be something I wasn’t. I was an outsider."

Now....who is responsible for black folks demanding that they be separate from the culture of success?

"It was the misfortune of black Americans that they were just on the verge of passing through the immigrant experience when damaging ideas about welfare and the lenient attitude about crime took hold. It could have happened to the Italians, Germans, Jews or Irish, but luckily for them, there were no Liberals around to “help” when they arrived."
Coulter
We shouldn't forget the unique experience of Blacks brought here as slaves. They were purposely sold so they couldn't speak the same language or share the same culture as other slaves. They ended up inventing their own culture, one where success only meant survival. This is the culture that has been handed down in to Blacks in America. It is only recently that Blacks who got an education got to use that education so it is hardly surprising that getting a good education is not a strong motivator in that culture. Things are certainly changing but change is a slow process when you talk about culture.

Nonsense. Stop trying to fabricate history to fit your preconceptions.

Forum List

Back