The account of Adam and Eve is allegorical

The account of Adam and Eve is allegorical. It is the account of how man knows right from wrong and when he violates it he rationalizes that he didn't violate it, but he never abandons the concept of right and wrong.

More bullshit......just like everything else in the bible!
I see. So you don't believe that you know wrong from right?

Even fools know wrong from right. Just watch all the politicians in action.
I thought you said it was just more bullshit.

That's exactly what it is........some people just don't understand what bullshit looks and sounds like. That's why used car salesman make a good living.

The account of Adam and Eve is allegorical. It is the account of how man knows right from wrong and when he violates it he rationalizes that he didn't violate it, but he never abandons the concept of right and wrong.

More bullshit......just like everything else in the bible!
I see. So you don't believe that you know wrong from right?

Even fools know wrong from right. Just watch all the politicians in action.
I thought you said it was just more bullshit.

That's exactly what it is........some people just don't understand what bullshit looks and sounds like. That's why used car salesman make a good living.
Yes, now I understand. I agree that is bullshit.

The Bible correctly states that we come from dust. Star dust to be specific. As matter and energy cannot be created or destroyed all matter and energy were created when space and time were created. Since that time matter and energy has only changed form. Since we were created through natural processes which were controlled by the laws of nature, the matter and energy that we are made of was at one time or another... star dust.

View attachment 99813

View attachment 99814

View attachment 99815
You seem to be really hung up on Moses' ancient faerie tales.
I am more hung up on proving you wrong.

This simple story can be understood by the dullest and brightness from the illiterate villages of 3rd century Europe...

But not the dullest and brightest of today.

The Bible contains several different literary types, one of which is historical. The Bible got more right about science than most realize.
Adam and Eve was an explanation of creation that would be easy to understand. What other type of explanation could be given to people thousands of years ago. Certainly not abiogenesis, evolution, and the big bang theory. Today most people are smart enough to understand that it's allegorical and not to be taken literally just like most of the Bible.

This simple story can be understood by the dullest and brightness from the illiterate villages of 3rd century Europe...

But not the dullest and brightest of today.

The Bible contains several different literary types, one of which is historical. The Bible got more right about science than most realize.
Adam and Eve was an explanation of creation that would be easy to understand. What other type of explanation could be given to people thousands of years ago. Certainly not abiogenesis, evolution, and the big bang theory. Today most people are smart enough to understand that it's allegorical and not to be taken literally just like most of the Bible.
Agreed. Although some still do.

The Bible correctly states that we come from dust. Star dust to be specific. As matter and energy cannot be created or destroyed all matter and energy were created when space and time were created. Since that time matter and energy has only changed form. Since we were created through natural processes which were controlled by the laws of nature, the matter and energy that we are made of was at one time or another... star dust.

View attachment 99813

View attachment 99814

View attachment 99815
You cannot prove anything.

You don't even know what would constitute a proof.

View attachment 99813

View attachment 99814

View attachment 99815

Well then, please share with what proof you will accept for the existence of God?

Peer reviewed scientific proof will do.
In essence any kind of peer review is simply a fallacy of argumentum populum.

But unfortunately this kind of intellectual democracy is all that we have.

God does not speak to us like he did to Moses and to Jesus.

But let's always remember that peer review has inherent weaknesses.

View attachment 99813

View attachment 99814

View attachment 99815

Well then, please share with what proof you will accept for the existence of God?
You cannot prove that, moron.

And you need to study Philosophy to understand what can and cannot be prove-able or else you will remain a moron your whole life.

View attachment 99813

View attachment 99814

View attachment 99815

You cannot prove that, moron.

And you need to study Philosophy to understand what can and cannot be prove-able or else you will remain a moron your whole life.
No. You can't prove it. I have proven it to myself. There is no evidence you will accept.

Can I use something you create as evidence?

In essence any kind of peer review is simply a fallacy of argumentum populum.

But unfortunately this kind of intellectual democracy is all that we have.

God does not speak to us like he did to Moses and to Jesus.

But let's always remember that peer review has inherent weaknesses.
The purpose in peer review in science is not to prove theory because a theory is always a theory never proved. Theories are always subject to further review as evidence is found. Proof occurs in mathematics not in science. When we say a theory is disproved what we mean is the theory was subject to peer review and sufficient evidence has been found to discredit it. Yet it will always be a theory waiting for someone to discover new evidence.

Maybe you could do your own science experiment by mocking God every day and see what happens.
I'm the control group, you're the experiment. :D
You are scared to mock God. Look no further for your proof. There it is.
I've mocked him and you over and over.

Maybe you could do your own science experiment by mocking God every day and see what happens.
No. You haven't go ahead. Let' see you give Him a big old mocking. Challenge Him to smite you. Let's see you do it everyday for a year. Then I'll say you have mocked Him. Until then.... you're a pussy.

No. You haven't go ahead. Let' see you give Him a big old mocking. Challenge Him to smite you. Let's see you do it everyday for a year. Then I'll say you have mocked Him. Until then.... you're a pussy.
He knows how I feel, I don't like to rub it in. :D

He knows how I feel, I don't like to rub it in. :D
Pussy

Forum List

Back