The account of Adam and Eve is allegorical

I'm the control group, you're the experiment. :D
You are scared to mock God. Look no further for your proof. There it is.
I've mocked him and you over and over.
No. You haven't go ahead. Let' see you give Him a big old mocking. Challenge Him to smite you. Let's see you do it everyday for a year. Then I'll say you have mocked Him. Until then.... you're a pussy.
He knows how I feel, I don't like to rub it in. :D
Pussy
Who? God? Good for you.

You are scared to mock God. Look no further for your proof. There it is.
No. You haven't go ahead. Let' see you give Him a big old mocking. Challenge Him to smite you. Let's see you do it everyday for a year. Then I'll say you have mocked Him. Until then.... you're a pussy.
Pussy
Who? God? Good for you.
lol, no. You.

Pussy
Who? God? Good for you.
lol, no. You.
No, you just mocked god and he saw you! :eek:

Pussy
Who? God? Good for you.
lol, no. You.
No, you just mocked god and he saw you! :eek:
I guess I will just have to beg the mercy of Jesus then.

The Old Testament Adam and Eve myth is quite literally about phallus worship. Adam in effect worshipped the Goddess (as was the common practice before they discovered semen fertilizes eggs and therefore has power) by consuming her fruit. Yahweh did not create the Goddess (Lilith) and therefore could not prevent this from happening. But Yahweh was upset and sentenced Adam and Eve to death. The Old Testament is filled with phallic worship symbolism such as the Ark of the Covenant. Interestingly the New Testament is about phallic denial as Jesus, the failed jewish messiah, instructed his followers to become eunuchs. It is fascinating that primitive middle east religions morphed into the insanity today as if they somehow represent "God" when they actually represent local, man-made deities. Notice Islam has phallic symbols for their mosques and a giant vagina in the Kaaba of Mecca they are supposed to visit once.

Last edited:
The Old Testament Adam and Eve myth is quite literally about phallus worship. Adam in effect worshipped the Goddess (as was the common practice before they discovered semen fertilizes eggs and therefore has power) by consuming her fruit. Yahweh did not create the Goddess (Lilith) and therefore could not prevent this from happening. But Yahweh was upset and sentenced Adam and Eve to death. The Old Testament is filled with phallic worship symbolism such as the Ark of the Covenant. Interestingly the New Testament is about phallic denial as Jesus, the failed jewish messiah, instructed his followers to become eunuchs. It is fascinating that primitive middle east religions morphed into the insanity today as if they somehow represent "God" when they actually represent local, man-made deities. Notice Islam has phallic symbols for their mosques and a giant vagina in the Kaaba of Mecca they are supposed to visit once.
lol, that's a very Freudian analysis.

The account of Adam and Eve is allegorical. It is the account of how man knows right from wrong and when he violates it he rationalizes that he didn't violate it, but he never abandons the concept of right and wrong.
It must be because Adams three sons went east of eden to find brides.

In time people will understand so was the Jesus character. He was at best a real man who 11 guys say was the son of god. 11 guys spread a story to gullible primitive people and it caught on.

Think about how hard it is to become Jewish. Now think about it’s spinoff for gentiles. Dunk and believe and you’re in. You should give ten percent but anything will do. Brilliant

The account of Adam and Eve is allegorical. It is the account of how man knows right from wrong and when he violates it he rationalizes that he didn't violate it, but he never abandons the concept of right and wrong.

In time people will understand so was the Jesus character. He was at best a real man who 11 guys say was the son of god. 11 guys spread a story to gullible primitive people and it caught on.

Think about how hard it is to become Jewish. Now think about it’s spinoff for gentiles. Dunk and believe and you’re in. You should give ten percent but anything will do. Brilliant
Congratulations! You are agreeing with Karl Marx.

Thanks for necro'ing this thread. I found my first encounter with Treesheperd was here.

What is the significance of Adam and Eve hiding when they heard God approaching?

The story represents a shift into the ego-centered mind. Animals have a sense of body awareness and to some extent self-awareness. Other mammals seem to experience twinges of pride or embarrasment. But human self-awareness is on a whole nuther level.

Hold on, I gotta take a selfie...

Okay I'm back. The human mind is divided btwn conscious and subconscious, represented by male and female in this story. The experience of our lives is processed in dreams. In a sense, the conscious impregnates the subconscious. This process leads to re-births of understanding.

In the story the serpent intercedes and plants a concept or mode of thought into the human psyche: knowledge. Humans were given a double-edged sword. This makes me think of the Greek story of Prometheus who gave humans the secret of fire. Zeus was pissed.
Let's start with the tree of knowledge of good and evil and the fall from grace. Genesis is allegorical. It starts with the allegorical account of Creation. After every step God would say "and it was good." So basically everything God created was good. Which makes sense because things like evil, darkness and cold or not extant. They don't exist on their own. They exist as the absence of something else. Cold is the absence of heat. Darkness is the absence of light. And evil is the absence of good.

Man knows right from wrong, but when he violates it, rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong, he rationalizes that he didn't violate it. After Adam and Eve had sinned and realized they were naked, they hid when they heard God coming. They hid because they knew that they had done wrong. Then when God asked point blank if they had done it, they rationalized that it wasn't their fault. Adam, did you eat the apple? The woman you made gave it to me. Eve did you eat the apple? The serpent deceived me.

Man is the only animal capable of knowledge of good and evil. No other creature has this concept. Sure animals can have empathy, but not like man. Animals function on impulse and instinct. Man functions on these too, but in man's case he has the unique ability to override his impulses and instinct for the sake of good. That is free will. It's a choice. Everything is choice.

I don't believe that Genesis is implying that had Adam and Eve never committed the original sin, we would live in paradise forever. I believe Genesis is saying that man has the capacity to do good and evil. So then the question begs why did God create such a world. I believe that that is an artifact of life. In other words, I don't believe God had a choice. It is part and parcel of the extant nature of good. I know people will howl that I said God had no choice but the reality is there are things God can't do. For instance, God can't oppose Himself; He can't go against His own nature.

So there are two very interesting things which come out of free will. One is that evil has the effect of making good better. It's like salt and sugar. Salt makes sugar taste sweeter. We are told elsewhere that He uses all things for the good of those who love Him. Among other things the Jews discovered is that there is meaning in suffering. 07 Judaism

The other interesting thing is that good has no meaning unless there is evil. In other words, it is not virtuous if you are forced to be virtuous.

In closing, man prefers good over evil. We don't do evil for evil's sake. We do evil for the sake of our own good and when we do, we rationalize that we didn't do evil. But from these acts, goodness will arise and we will be stronger for it. It is a self compensating feature whose sole purpose is to propel consciousness to the next rung in the anthropological ladder.

He must have been right about a lot of things if his ideas are obvious and live on. Have you ever come up with a thought no one else has ever thought?

And are you arguing that Adams boys didn’t get their wives from some other tribe? Tell me what you think literally happened?

He must have been right about a lot of things if his ideas are obvious and live on. Have you ever come up with a thought no one else has ever thought?

And are you arguing that Adams boys didn’t get their wives from some other tribe? Tell me what you think literally happened?
I literally think that like the technology cycle when something is practically complete it explodes onto the scene and rapidly expands to fill the void within nature. At which point the slight differences which exist are allowed to compete until the next big leap is ready to be made.

So to explain it in terms that you will understand, there were not two original humans. There were many that exploded onto the scene all about the same time and that the account of Adam and Eve is an allegorical representation of an actual event (i.e. the beginning of mankind).

Given your strong support of unions it doesn't surprise me that you would disagree with much of what Marx believed.

What is the significance of Adam and Eve hiding when they heard God approaching?

The story represents a shift into the ego-centered mind. Animals have a sense of body awareness and to some extent self-awareness. Other mammals seem to experience twinges of pride or embarrasment. But human self-awareness is on a whole nuther level.

Hold on, I gotta take a selfie...

Okay I'm back. The human mind is divided btwn conscious and subconscious, represented by male and female in this story. The experience of our lives is processed in dreams. In a sense, the conscious impregnates the subconscious. This process leads to re-births of understanding.

In the story the serpent intercedes and plants a concept or mode of thought into the human psyche: knowledge. Humans were given a double-edged sword. This makes me think of the Greek story of Prometheus who gave humans the secret of fire. Zeus was pissed.
Let's start with the tree of knowledge of good and evil and the fall from grace. Genesis is allegorical. It starts with the allegorical account of Creation. After every step God would say "and it was good." So basically everything God created was good. Which makes sense because things like evil, darkness and cold or not extant. They don't exist on their own. They exist as the absence of something else. Cold is the absence of heat. Darkness is the absence of light. And evil is the absence of good.

Man knows right from wrong, but when he violates it, rather than abandoning the concept of right and wrong, he rationalizes that he didn't violate it. After Adam and Eve had sinned and realized they were naked, they hid when they heard God coming. They hid because they knew that they had done wrong. Then when God asked point blank if they had done it, they rationalized that it wasn't their fault. Adam, did you eat the apple? The woman you made gave it to me. Eve did you eat the apple? The serpent deceived me.

Man is the only animal capable of knowledge of good and evil. No other creature has this concept. Sure animals can have empathy, but not like man. Animals function on impulse and instinct. Man functions on these too, but in man's case he has the unique ability to override his impulses and instinct for the sake of good. That is free will. It's a choice. Everything is choice.

I don't believe that Genesis is implying that had Adam and Eve never committed the original sin, we would live in paradise forever. I believe Genesis is saying that man has the capacity to do good and evil. So then the question begs why did God create such a world. I believe that that is an artifact of life. In other words, I don't believe God had a choice. It is part and parcel of the extant nature of good. I know people will howl that I said God had no choice but the reality is there are things God can't do. For instance, God can't oppose Himself; He can't go against His own nature.

So there are two very interesting things which come out of free will. One is that evil has the effect of making good better. It's like salt and sugar. Salt makes sugar taste sweeter. We are told elsewhere that He uses all things for the good of those who love Him. Among other things the Jews discovered is that there is meaning in suffering. 07 Judaism

The other interesting thing is that good has no meaning unless there is evil. In other words, it is not virtuous if you are forced to be virtuous.

In closing, man prefers good over evil. We don't do evil for evil's sake. We do evil for the sake of our own good and when we do, we rationalize that we didn't do evil. But from these acts, goodness will arise and we will be stronger for it. It is a self compensating feature whose sole purpose is to propel consciousness to the next rung in the anthropological ladder.
You need to break this down.

Ok, evil is the absence of good. Ok, but so how do you make the leap that humans are the only ones who know right from wrong? First you don’t know that but like a preacher you just say random things that have nothing to do with each other.

Given your strong support of unions it doesn't surprise me that you would disagree with much of what Marx believed.
well I’m not in a union but I do understand their value

I just also agree with you that a uneducated broom pusher shouldn’t be making $35 hr.

I personally don’t need a union but based on attitudes at work after I got a raise my co workers feel underpaid.

Now I don’t agree with everyone getting a raise off my success. So I’m glad I’m not in a union company with collective bargaining

Ok, evil is the absence of good. Ok, but so how do you make the leap that humans are the only ones who know right from wrong? First you don’t know that but like a preacher you just say random things that have nothing to do with each other.

What part of what I wrote did you not understand, or was random or unrelated?

Now I don’t agree with everyone getting a raise off my success. So I’m glad I’m not in a union company with collective bargaining

You are almost a Republican now.

Forum List

Back