The ACA is the 3rd. rail for the GOP

Republicans

You broke it, you bought it
Now explain to voters you don’t know what to do next
Republicans didn't break jack shit...The entire bureaucratic Rube Goldberg was built to fail.

They seem to forget that ACA was passed by the leftist group without a single Republican vote. Thus ACA is a 100% millstone around their neck, no grounds to blame the Republicans over the ACA serious problems.

My son does not get healthcare through work.. He currently BUYS it through the ACA

Kill the ACA and he has no healthcare

I'm sorry to hear that. But that's exactly why it's so problematic to depend on government for our needs. Everyone election puts people at risk.
You can say that about any service government provides from Medicare, to Defense, to Social Security, to law enforcement, to immigration...
The problem is not government itself, it is the failure of the two party system to put country and the needs of the people ahead of party.

Today there is a sickness that has infected the nation. Lots of people don't care if healthcare, law enforcement, social services or even government fails because they believe these institutions no longer serve them. They feel they are left out of the mainstream of society. The America of today is not their America.

Last edited:
My son does not get healthcare through work.. He currently BUYS it through the ACA

Kill the ACA and he has no healthcare

I'm sorry to hear that. But that's exactly why it's so problematic to depend on government for our needs. Everyone election puts people at risk.
You can say that about any service government provides from Medicare, to Defense, to Social Security, to law enforcement, to immigration...
The problem is not government itself, it is the failure of the two party system to put country and needs of the people ahead of party.
The problem isn't the horse and buggy, it's those two old plow horses pulling it! :laugh2:

Republicans

Republicans didn't break jack shit...The entire bureaucratic Rube Goldberg was built to fail.

They seem to forget that ACA was passed by the leftist group without a single Republican vote. Thus ACA is a 100% millstone around their neck, no grounds to blame the Republicans over the ACA serious problems.
The "milestone" is enormously popular

Republicans

Not really since then Republicans first took the House, then the Senate and Presidency, increased their governorship majority, after passage of that Millstone.

Republicans

Not really since then Republicans first took the House, then the Senate and Presidency, increased their governorship majority, after passage of that Millstone.
How's that going now that people know the benefits of the ACA?

There were...and the cost of those private plans was a big part of why 20 MILLION less people had healthcare insurance
I had a nice inexpensive policy, until Ocommiecre basically outlawed it.

10's of millions share your fate.
Yes, there was lots really cheap health insurance. It was great as long as you only needed cheap healthcare.

Or you could only afford cheap health care.

I guess that's the part you're trying to deny though, eh? You think if we just outlaw cheap health care, everyone will get better health care. It's essentially the same logic as minimum wage - if we just outlaw low wage jobs, the poor will make more money.

Republicans

And the reason it's popular is the guarantee of coverage and no matter how serious your illness may be, you will never have to pay more than a maximum out of pocket limit, usually less than 6 thousand dollars a year. When you consider the number of illnesses that run over hundred thousand a year, that's pretty reassuring.

Prior to the ACA, there were many things not covered by insurance some big and some small and since most health insurance came from an employer there was little one could do about it.
People worked in jobs they hated for one reason only, health insurance. Those days are gone and most people don't want to return to them.

There were...and the cost of those private plans was a big part of why 20 MILLION less people had healthcare insurance

Yes, there was lots really cheap health insurance. It was great as long as you only needed cheap healthcare.

I guess that's the part you're trying to deny though, eh? You think if we just outlaw cheap health care, everyone will get better health care. It's essentially the same logic as minimum wage - if we just outlaw low wage jobs, the poor will make more money.
This fails as a false comparison fallacy.

Now there is outrageously expensive health maintenance plans, as long as you don't need healthcare. To actually receive any care, you have to pony up $15,000 first. This is how you leftist "help" the poor.

This fails as a false comparison fallacy.
No, it doesn't.

Now there is outrageously expensive health maintenance plans, as long as you don't need healthcare. To actually receive any care, you have to pony up $15,000 first. This is how you leftist "help" the poor.
That's catastrophic insurance, very high deductible and very low premiums. In my state such a policy can be purchase by a single person for about $120 a month. Maximum out of pocket is the same as the deductible. If a person is in good health and $15,000 in medical bills would not be a financial disaster, then it makes sense. It is real health insurance, not a healthcare plan.
BTW, under Obamacare a number of preventive services are excluded from the deductible.

Forum List

Back